1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen IV

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Scot, Feb 6, 2007.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Ciana nodded at Sepp and said "If people want to get their stuff together, Ill just see to my leg."

Moving over to her pack she pulled out a potion bottle and set it to one side, bracing herself she went to put hands on the arrow to break it first above the wound, but another hand stopped her. Look ing up she saw Kelvados, he nodded once saying what had to be said, he broke the arrow as close to the entry as possible and then doing what had to be done he pulled the arrow out in one smooth motion. Ciana hissed and her hands clenched at the brief sharp pain, as ahe was left with the dull ache she swallowed the potion. The wound closed and tissue started to knit itself together.

Moving gingerly she picked up her stuff and then went and picked up her sword holding it, she started to clean it, she muttered almost to herself

"One cannot blame the tool, it is akways the wielder's choice as to how it is used, henceforth you shall only be used with thought and care", she sheathed it, and turned back towards the others.

Reaching inside herself she called forth the portal, unlike the whirlwind they had used before this portal was a shimmering sheet almost door shaped and large enough to take all of them including Kongol. As they watched they could see a picture of the grove form, it was night and the moon had just risen. "I need to go through last as the poratl will close after I go through"

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Holding Nakia in his arms Perim stepped through the portal into the center of the Grove where the stones had once stood. The rising moon was full, the time of Sheela's festival. He sat on the ground with Nakia's head resting on his chest. On the outskirts of the grove the Hin gathered not in the joyous feast but in silence, the druids gathered behind him. Not a word was spoken only the song of a nightingale could be heard.

3. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp walked through the portal after Perim. He looked for Gramma Chrys, hoping she might still be there, but knowing she would not. The one he recognized as Mistress Bess, wearing a slightly different cut of robe that Sepp knew marked her as the head druidess here, approached Perim and Nakia. "Bring her to the center," she told Perim. "We'll need you too, Guardian. Having been so recently on the other side, you are a good candidate for coaxing her spirit back here, if it comes to that."

Sepp nodded, if needed, he would give his life for her.

4. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Rosie's eyes slowly blinked open, a cool wind blowing over her sweat-covered face. She heard and sensed friends outside; tense, though they were. She opened her mouth in a yawn, and stretched her tired arms into the air. The girl felt a sharp pain in her forearms, the pain she received after using magic. Magic, I used!? Lost myself, I must have again!

Rosie jumped up, looking around frantically at the now darkened cave. The last few hours and days were like a blur; from meeting Day-day, to travelling, to discovering her magic again, to Jexxy dying. Her eyes landed upon the stretched body of Day-day, his eyes unmoving, and his chest barely.

"Day!" She cried out, her tiny, frail voice hardly making an echo, "Wake, you must, lest I have no master! Love, mine own is strong for you!" Rosie's hands glowed a light blue as she ran them over his chest and face.

A woman's voice echoed in his mind, Wake up... wake up, Young Delinos. Your time is not now. Come back here.

.. Who.. who are you? I can hear you, yet I see no face or body. Reveal yourself to me.

We have met before. Think. Your friend you call Nakia has almost passed, young Drow. Time eats away. I shall reveal myself when time is right. The time is now that you need to return.

But.. I have questions for you. And..

Go now, drow. I will see you soon.

Delinos jumped to life so to speak, and saw Rosie's moist eyes staring at him in the dark.

"Day-day! Returned you have! Go we must, the others await!"

The drow nodded and jumped to his feet. The small girl crawled up his back as agile as a monkey and placed herself on his shoulder. Grabbing his swords and robes, he sprinted out to the desert, his friends only a rock's throw away. He stood behind them in silence, feeling like the large portal was pulling at him.

Perhaps this is what the athiyk wants of me. To go through the portal, to follow the group. And how did she know of Rosie, and the others? He looked at Rosie, apparently unphased by the events that had just came to pass, braiding his silver hair in the little light.

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It was the Festival of Sheela Peryroyl, Hin goddess of nature and of love. The tables were laden with food and drink. It is time to eat, drink, sing, dance and play.

But what is this? The Burrow is quiet, no laughter is heard, no music is played. The folk of the Burrow move to the surface and in silence gather round the grove. Small children cling to the adults awed by their strange seriousness. All stand waiting...

6. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp was glad of everyone's silence. Several sent questioning glances his way, and he was releaved to not have to answer their curiousity about the Eye.

Most of the burrow seemed to be crowded around the center of the grove, plus an oddly clad dwarf and some of his companions.

Misstress Bess approached Sepp with a large drinking horn and lifted it to his lips. "Drink it down," she ordered him.

He did so, it tasted of several strange herbs, a little bitter. He soon felt himself leaving his body, much more quickly than when he prepared himself for a spirit walk on his own.

Once again, he saw the green forest, and beyond, the lovely hills where he could hear more than see many happy hin peacefully going about their business. There were no orcs, goblins, demons or devils causing problems.

He almost wished he could stay there himself. In fact, he did wish it.

7. Benan Gems: 20/31

Johen followed a group of halflings towards The Grove part of the grove. He left the dinning hall and figured it would be rude to carry food with him. The elder halfling he walked beside said "Thats the one that leads the party with your friend. He has not come through the portal."

The dwarf watched as an elder female halfling gave the young one a flask of liquid. He decided to leave the youngster alone, he appeared to have a stressed look on his face. He'd wait for Jex.

8. Nakia

Media:
    Sheela appeared standing behind Perim and Nakia. This is a perilous time for the spirit when it tries to unite with its body. It must walk through darkness not even a drow could pierce. Evil spirits await it to tempt or force it from its path. It needs all the help it can get. It needs love. The Guardian, Sepp, as gone to meet Nakia's spirit and guide her through but all must help. Put aside your petty squabbles and unite together in love.

Ciana, as both Nakia's best friend and one who dealt her a grievous blow I call on you to take her left side, the side of life and love. Hold tight to her for you and Perim must call her back. Kelvados, my son, ranger and who has fought your own monster, you are her anchor to this earth. Take you her feet and hold tight for the body will fight you.

Nakia's spirit saw Sepp's and came to him. They looked out over the Green Hills. So beautiful, so peaceful. I wish I could stay but Sheela says I must return and I feel them calling to me. Ciana needs me, Perim needs me. She turns to Sepp and takes his hand. Cousin, let us return.

9. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Maron and Daie stood to one side, watching the procedure, speaking to each other quietly.

'A difficult task, my love. To bring a deserving soul back from paradise.'
    Daie nodded. 'Will she return? Is she strong enough?'

Maron thought for a moment. 'She is strong enough, but I don't know if she'll return.'

'If she does, she'll never be the same again. A taste of paradise, then back to the material. A yearning for the rest of her life. It's unfair to her.'

10. DarkStrider

Ciana sat at Nakia's left side and held on to her friend, she concentrated on bringing her friend back; despite the little voice in the back of her head that continually chanted "This is all your fault"

11. Scot

Sepp took Nakia's hand and started back towards the cares of the world. "Wait a moment, one last look at it," he said, looking over his shoulders at the green hills.

A fair young hin maid stepped out from behind a tree and waved at them, then blew them a kiss. When it reached them the wind whispered, "Don't fret, my loves. We'll still be here when you're ready. You've both yet loves to love and life to live." It was Gramma Chrys' voice.

It gave Sepp the courage to carry on. Looking back towards the world, he saw the Darkness reaching out, not only to Nakia, but also to him. He hadn't been told of that, but he had been willing to give his life for Nakia.

Holding hands, they resolutely marched forward.

12. Nakia

Media:
    The darkness became absolute only the call of those who loved them guided them forward. Voices called out them from the darkness, tempting, enticing, threatening. Winds buffeted them, hands reached out for them, figures threatened them. Though they could not see they could hear and feel. Nakia had never been in such a situation and it frightened her. She clung tightly to Sepp's hand and drew courage from him. Oh, how much she wanted to turn and flee back to the safety of the Green Hills but she lifted her head resolutely and continued on.

Back in the Grove her body began to struggle as if desiring to escape.

13. DarkStrider

It was almost as if she could hear Nakia needing her help, reaching deep inside herself Ciana opened her heart and channelled her love for Nakia, her love of life and then her voice broke out and a song poured forth. It was a song of friendship, love, family and the other joys of life. Ciana knew not what she sang and she would never recapture this song, for it came from the heart and talked to dirctly to the heart.

She hoped it would help them to return.

14. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Kelvados grabbed Nakia's feet and held them down, he did not know what to expect so he forced them into the ground as hard as he could. He pushed her tiny feet down into the welcoming world, the world that needed her. He did not know why he was giving this task but try as he might, he would not fail her, he would not fail Nakia.

15. Benan Gems: 20/31

Johen sensed that they might need help. He could feel the anguish in the crowd as they watched a friend of theirs fight something. Seeing how it wasn't a physical manifestation that Johen could battle he figured he could offer his support. Plus they were Jex's friends. Pushing his way through the ring surrounding the grove he helped Sepp support Nakia. Her struggles were nothing to the strong dwarf but he could sense her and her friends urgancy.

"There, there lass, keep fightin' their are friends here waiting for ya." He said quietly as he held on.

She struggled so and Johen felt sorry for the youngster, so he held his grip and continued to offer words of encouragement. Hoping that this young lass would make it through whatever she was experiencing.

16. Scot

They were almost back, yet dark spirits continued to pull at them. Sepp kind of made it back into his body, at least his feet and legs were in the right place.

Suddenly something yanked particulary forcefully at Nakia, and Sepp almost lost his grip on her, but a different hued spirit grabbed her and pushed her back to him. With a few swift moves that Sepp easily recognized despite the lack of scimitars, the spirit fought back the darkness.

"One last time the three of us are in the valley of death, yet this time only you two will emerge," the spirit told him. It pushed Sepp almost totally back into his body.

After a moment of reorientation, Sepp felt strong hands and arms supporting him. He blinked, for he could see in both worlds right now, and Nakia was still being pulled back.

The friendly spirit leaned close to Sepp and whispered, "Give Del a kiss for me, will you little friend." Then, noticing the dwarf holding Sepp, the spirit gave the dwarf a jovial slug in the arm. Sepp couldn't tell if the dwarf felt it or not.

He focused on pulling.

17. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia felt the pulling, something pulling her back to the darkness, but she felt the strength of Sepp, the love from all those around her body then the presence of a dear spirit urging her onward to her body and the world. Perim's arms were around her, Ciana's song flowed through her calling her home. Kelvados, her dear dark brother was an anchor holding her close. There was a strange new presence too, one she knew was somehow tied to them all. Then she was back. For a moment she lay dazed then opened her eyes.

"Thank you, I am here. Please let me go I must stand." For a moment they held her tight then let let go. She rose to her feet, looked into Sepp's large dark eyes and saw silver stars shinning in them not aware that the same stars shone in her own eyes. She did know their link was so strong that no matter where one was the other would always know and be able to mind reach.

She turned to Perim and gently kissed him then took Ciana's hands and kissed her on each cheek then also Kelvados.

Laughter bubbled up and echoed through the Grove. "I know not if to thank you or curse you. Sepp and I have seen the world beyond and it is good. Green Mother, I have returned as you commanded what now?"

Sheela stepped forward and took her hand and Perim's placing them together. First a wedding, then a celebration. Let my Festival continue. Then life. There is much yet to be done.

A cheer rose from the surrounding Hin as things began to return to normal. Nakia held tight to Perim as she looked deep into Sepp's shinning eyes. She did not need to speak aloud for of all she knew only she and Sepp had stood on the threshold of the next world and returned. Talk as they might they would never be able to describe it to others. Death? There was no death, Jex lived.

She looked across at Daie and saw understanding in his eyes. Always part of her would belong in the World beyond them.

(And so endeth this episode in Nakia's life as she prepared to face the unknown future.)

18. Benan Gems: 20/31

Johens spirit felt the punch, but his body did not. Somehow on some level he knew Jex had died. He stepped back from the celebrating group and smiled. As the group began to disperse he caught up to Sepp. "Jex died didn't he?" The dwarf stated more than asked, "Did he die fightin' at least?"

19. Scot

"Oh yes," Sepp answered. "He died fighting, and defeated a really bad angel. A planetar, I guess it was called. We would have brought him back, in fact, we did once before, but this time it seemed like he was ready to go."

"I'm Sepp, by the way. Thanks for helping out there."

20. Benan Gems: 20/31

"She look'd as if she need'd a hand. I felt pushed by the scrawny gray elf to do it anyways." Johen replied.

"He died fighting a planetar ya say. To bad he had alot more orcs to kill before 'e went though. Perhaps someday he'll be back, he always seemed to return at moments of need."

"I be Johen first messenger of King Bruenor Battlehammer. I was granted release from my duty to aid Jex. I guess thats thinks I'm to help ya now." The dwarf said looking at Sepp. "I aint to bright, but ya point ya finger at something that needs a killin' and I'll do it."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.