1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen IV

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Scot, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nakia and Perim quickly went to the others telling them about the approaching half-drow and the threat to Ciana. Going to the cave entrance they prepared for battle and watched the advancing party. Nakia's and Perim's halfling eyes easily adjusted to the growing darkness as the sun slid beneath the horizon. Nakia felt lethargic, her usual nimbleness was missing and her mind was slow and she found it hard to concentrate.

(PS: Don't forget to check the OCC)

2. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Kelvados heard the laughter, he saw the halflings, he knew something was wrong. He gently placed Rosie on the floor, and perpared his weapons. He slunk to the entrance of the cave, the blinding light, entering the dark cave, stung. Though, when the light cleared, it stung his heart. Another monster, there was no doubting it. Kelvados reconized it, it was something he'd never forget. It affected the vision, it affected the body, it affected the mind. Kelvados ran out of the cave, he waved his hands in a futile attempt.

"Fight it! Fight! don't let it take control!" He yelled, nothing would enter those blocked ears, no reason, no sanity. Ciana's inner monster held supreme.

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

She could sense people behind her, but they were of no importance at the moment, she cast haste on herself. Seeing a group to one side and slightly behind the attackers, she realised she’d found their mages and ranged attackers. Before they’d taken much notice of what was uphill of them in the darkened cave entrance a fireball exploded in their midst and moments later a second one found them again. Charred and smoking bodies of twelve attackers lay scattered by the concussive blasts most were dead, a couple still groaning and moaning in shock and pain.

Holding her sword in her right hand, she swept into the smaller group of fighters that was left in a shocked state after seeing their companions burnt to a crisp. Maniacal laughter trilled after her down the slope, and a commanding voice asked them

“You wanted the Auburn-haired Witch or was that bitch? Well I’ll show you what she’s capable of, come my pretty, pretty mongrels; time to die”

Her blade swung left and right, to and fro, blood sprayed, bone crunched and voices moaned; within seconds she was through the group, two lay on the ground, their eyes slowly filming over as death claimed them. Two of them stared at each other, one had almost lost his hand, and the other was trying to hold his arm together, Bothe wondering what the hell had happened. A fifth was falling to wards the ground all strength having left him as his life’s blood pumped out of the gaping hole in his neck; the last thought going through his mind was how could he be cold in a desert?

She turned to go through them again, they still hadn’t reacted fully to the force of death that moved amongst them. The last man in the group she hamstrung as she turned and as he fell he exposed his neck, a swift stroke and that had been left bleeding and torn, he was dead but didn’t know it yet. Of the 2 whole ones left after her first foray into them, they didn’t last long, one took a swinging blow into the ribs, the chainmail and ribs did their best to protect the vital organs but a rib was pushed inwards and cut into the heart and lung, drowning him in his own blood. The other found his groin and thigh wet and sticky with blood as his femoral artery was ruptured and bled out.

She turned again in the grip of the madness that was the darkest side of herself one of the injured pair left was turning as if to run and her blade snaked out and severed his neck, his brain carried on sending instructions that would never be heard as he died. The last was in a state of shock and paralysed with fear with a roundhouse blow his head came off his shoulders in a brief fountain of blood it landed with a sickening wet thud and the body slowly crumpled.

She stood there her vision beginning to lighten, her breathing slowing and becoming deeper as much needed oxygen was rushed to tired muscles and tissue, noise began to penetrate the drumming that was her blood, it didn’t make any sense yet but it was coming back, she was losing her grip on the body, the weak one who wouldn’t let her play, who played by the rules. She heard something behind her, it still didn’t make sense but then she felt rather than saw 2 more behind her, spinning quickly on her right foot she cut downwards and felt it bite deep into something, she pulled her sword free and swung it at the other one only to find her swing blocked by a blade, and she stilled herself as another kissed her throat. The noise wad increasing and then she recognised it, it was her name…

Ciana blinked in the dying sunset and looked into the face of Kelvados who held a blade to her throat and had blocked hers inches from his own. She could make sense of what he was saying now

“Fight it Ciana, Ciana don’t let the monster take hold of you, Ciana, Ciana can you hear me?”

“Yes Kel, I can hear you, why do you have….” She left the sentence unfinished as she looked down at her feet, she staggered backwards away from Kevados’s blade, her own sword falling harmlessly at her side, she looked at the crumpled bundle at Kel’s side a horrified no escaping her throat. There lying on the floor with an increasing pool of blood from the wound in the collarbone was Nakia.

Ciana turned and ran.

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Perim screamed and started to run after her with drawn sword then turned to Nakia. He sank beside her trying to staunch the blood with his hands. He drew her into his arms her blood flowing over them both.

"Nakia, Cheria, don't leave me", he cried tears dripping into the blood.

5. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Kelvados' blade was still raised, his arm quivered with fear. He looked down at Nakia, her skin was white and the red blood made a halo around her small head. He stared at Nakia, and then at the bodies. Ciana was still running, Kelvados took one more look at Nakia and knew what he had to do. He raced back after Ciana, she was going fast, Kelvados ran faster. He got closer, until he ran by her side. He didn't say anything and didn't make eye contact, but he knew when she tired she'd need soemone to talk to.

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Delphinae had been standing stock-still since the sight of Jex's form crumpling to the ground, despite Nakia's urging. But now as the Hin's blood touched the earth, her eyes narrowed. "It was her..." Del growled low, from deep in her throat. "That unnatural sorceress and those hatred-filled drow. They must be *stopped*."

In an instant, an arrow was arcing through the air. When Ciana stumbled, an evil grin crept across Del's face as she nocked another arrow, then dropped it as she sensed someone barrelling at her to stop her. A quick move positioned the bow around the assailant's neck, allowing her to use it as a handle to throw both away before she ran at Ciana. Del pulled out her Claw as she moved, and the world turned red...

7. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp was still trying to figure out who the purple robes priests were and why they had attacked, and not getting anywhere doing it, when the drow attacked. He found himself quite a ways up the volcano, in flesh form, when he realized what was going on. By the time he got to the group, heaving and panting for breath, Nakia was lying in a growing pool of her blood next to Perim.

He didn't want to believe it. He'd relied on her to be there for so long, she couldn't leave now.

There was so much blood, but at least it was seeping, not spurting, probably the large vein coming back from her brain underneath the collar bone.

Perim gripped Sepp, "Heal her, you must!" he whined.

"I'll do what I can." Sepp answered, trying to stop the blood flow. He channeled life force from himself and the Staff of the Tree, and Perim who put his hands on Sepp's shoulders. He almost passed out, but Perim steadied him.

"I think she'll live, at least I hope so," he whispered.

8. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Kelvados saw Ciana fell, and thought she tripped, but when he looked down her thigh was pierced by an arrow. He dropped to his knees, and examined the wound, blood soaked his hands and Ciana withered in pain. He reached for a potion in his satchel, while he kept pressure on the wound, and brought it up to pull out the cork with his teeth. A flash of light saved him, as a steel blade smashed into the bottle. Kelvados rolled away, trying to brush away the smashed glass without damaging his eyes. Ciana tried to crawl away but Del pinned her with her knee.

"Del! It's not her fault, don't do this." Kelvados pleaded, tears covered her face yet rage covered her reason. She howled, and swung her sword at Kevados' head. He hastily blocked it, and decided that talking wasn't going to work.

He pounced towards her, taking her off Ciana. They landed a couple feet away, Del's nails went for his face, and her knee to his groin. Kelvados rolled off, piercing pain incapacitating him. He was able to grab her ankle, pulling her back down to the sand, but her boot contacted with his nose. Kelvados only saw lights, and colours as the pain numbed his mind. He did see her shadow, her sword held high, he raised an arm in a feable attempt of defense. It was batted aside, and Claw came down, upon his unprotected head.

9. Nakia

Media:
    Perim dropped beside Nakia cradling her in his arms as the bleeding slowed and stopped. Her breathing began to steady and a little of her natural ruddy coloring returned but she did not move. Perim lowered his face to her and whisper, "Nakia, please I need you. Come back."

Then Sepp heard her voice in his mind; Sepp, the Green Hills so beautiful but I cannot go. Cannot return. Tell Perim, tell him to take me to the Grove. The only hope.

There was silence for a moment then she continued with tears in her voice; Ciana, tell her that I love her. Conquer the dark side she must. Tell all they are welcome at the burrow. No fighting. Ask Del could she help Perim. Beloved cousin I will see you at the grove. The silence that followed was complete.

10. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Daie nudged Maron gently in the side.
    'My love, the peredhil. She needs your help.'
    Maron looked down at Daie, who cocked his head.
    'Nakia's life is weak, so weak, but Ciana is still alive, for the moment. Help those you can. I'll watch her for you.'

After a moment, Maorn nodded, and sped off. When she saw Del, she was just about to finish off Kelvados. Maron leapt into the air, wings beating powerfully, kicking up the dust. She flew at Del, knocking her from Kel's body, and into the dirt.
    Grappling, she sat on Del, pinning her arms, and looking into her eyes.

'Del, stop fighting,' she said, lacing her words with every shred of her charisma, not to mention the formidable magical charm that Sune had granted her over the course of the adventur. 'Obey me.'

Meanwhile, Daie watched as Sepp knelt by Nakia. He heard Perim's words, as quiet as they were, and sighed, a deep, sing-song sigh that spoke more of his weariness than was truly necessary.

'Sepp, I can bring her back, if she wants to be returned.'

11. DarkStrider

Ciana was in a world of pain, the arrow in her thigh was a mere scratch compared to the emotional and mental turmoil she felt, and through it all the monster laughed. The laughter stirred her and made her strong, but not in the way that it had hoped for

"I know you Monster, and I recognise you, for you are me, me at my most fearful and most angry; never again shall you have control of me for I know you now, and know you to be indiscriminate in your ways. You almost caused me to hurt the man I... Gods, Nakia, I think I've killed my best friend, and I was running away".

Ciana stood and hobbled over to Kelvados, kneeling beside him "Oh stars, you're hurt you brave impetuous fool, my hero" she kissed his forehead. From somewhere she found a hankie and started cleaning the blood from around his nose, at his hiss of pain she exclaimed "Hold still you baby I have to see if it's broken or not" she continued to examine him and then knelt and kissed him on the lips, just a brief brush of soft lips that held a hint of promise. She grabbed his arm and pulled him up with her saying

"No it's not broken just bruised. Let's get back to the others, I need to see Nakia and try and explain to the others, and rebuild their trust in me. Maron will you and Del follow us?" turning to Kelvados her emerald eyes were uncertain and fearful as she looked at him "Yo..Yo...You will help me, won't you? Please?" came out as a tremulous whisper

12. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Kelvados looked deeply in Ciana's eyes, he saw the battle in those dark pupils. He rubbed away some blood with his left hand and sheathed his sword with the other. He looked back at Ciana, his very dark eyes looked into her emerald ones. He nodded, that was all that could be said, he patted her shoulder, that was all that could be done. He turned, and crouched beside Del. She looked at him peacefully yet there was still a sign of hate in the eyes. He motioned Maron to get off her, and held out his hand to help her up. Her eyes shone with hate, yet anything can help. She took his hand and he pulled her up, he smiled a crooked smile, but whispered in her ear.

"I am sorry, Faerun is of less wonder without him." He said what needed to be siad, and did what needed to be done. He smiled one last time, and turned to help Ciana with her leg.

13. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"I'm not sure she wants to come back, or if she's fully gone yet," Sepp answered Daie. "But she does need to get back to where she belongs. Her home, the grove." He saw Cianna and the others coming towards them.

"Nakia sends her love to you," he told Ciana. "She says you must conquer your dark side."

"Does anybody know who these people were? The purple robed priests, and these drow? Are they connected with Gruumsh at all? And which way is it back to Nakia's burrow? The whirlwind portal is closed, and using the Eye to open it up again is out of the question."

14. DarkStrider

"She's alive, oh thank the stars, I didn't dare hope, and yes I know that now, and I can recognise it now for what it was. I'm so sorry everyone, I didm't know what was happening to me, I was just so frightened and angry at the same time and my mind has been tinged with darkness since I was brought back.

"The purple robed priests are Sharrans I think, Daie would know for sure; the others I know not who sent them, but they wanted the Auburn-haired witch, I assume that is me. Why they'd want a nobody human I don't know"

15. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Delphinae followed at a distance, rubbing at the side of her head every so often; it felt as though the drow's words were a tiny snake slithering around in the shell of her ear. And in between the frantic attempts to get it out of her ear, she brooded. You'll not get away with this. As if you had any right to talk of one such as he, and to get away with murder in addition? You've blinded the others, but not me. I'll see your evil ended if it's the last thing I do.

16. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia's spirit hovered at the threshold to the Green Hills. Her spirit eyes could see out over the land, the Hin tending the fields, playing, laughing. On a lake fishermen sailed their boats out to catch the dancing fish. Herds of sheep and goats grazed in the meadows. All was peaceful and it drew her so strongly yet she could not cross.

Child, this is not yet for you because you are yet needed. Perim needs you, Sepp needs you and most of all Ciana needs you. Your wisdom is needed to guide many. Your talents are needed to help the Hin.

Nakia's spirit turned to face Sheela. So much suffering and I cannot find the link back. So much sorrow, so much hatred. I am tired. I wish to rest. Let me go. Please, I beg of you let me go.

No, child, I cannot. You must return. Your time will come but not now. There is still much needed to be done. Come with me to the Grove. Your friends will bring your body there and together we will unite you. Come child

Sheela's voice was gentle but persuasive, perhaps hypnotic and Nakia found herself drawn to it. In a trance she followed the goddess.

17. Scot

Sepp asked Daie, "Who are the Sharrans? I've never heard of them."

18. DarkStrider

Ciana was puzzled as Sepp asked about portal's and Nakia's burrow, a door had opened in her mind. She looked inside herself and went deep into the core of her own being, finding her centre she was surprised to find that the vista had changed. Always before it had been a moonlit glade in a nameless forest, but now it was the heart of the Grove, near the burrow's. As she looked on and felt the peace of the place infuse her spirit, she heard the whisper of Yondalla

"This also is our gift to you, the grove shall always be with you, that ye may refresh your spirit in meditation and contemeplation. Know also should ye have the need ye can create a portal back to the grove. Speak of this and thy companions Sepp and Nakia shall know it for the truth it is."

Looking carefully at Sepp she explained how she could create a portal when necessary, and also the words of Yondalla.

19. Scot

"That's a relief." Sepp said as Ciana told him about the portal. "I wasn't looking forward to trekking through the desert for who knows how long. Good thing to have. Go ahead and open it when you're ready."

20. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Johen ran hard, he had delivered the last message from Bruenor and now he had his release. He had been hearing rumors of Gruumshs warriors being defeated at the Halflings Grove. They spoke of a gray elf that fought like a demon. Johen knew such and elf his name was Jex and he wasn't gray, he was half drow. Thinking of his old friend pushed Johen a little harder. The walls and tunnels blurred as he rushed past them. Bless Moradin for the boots of speed.

He was running so fast that he failed to register the red outline of the Hook Horror in a enclave and his speed saved his life. The horror has mistimed it's swing barely missing the dwarf but causing him to stumble.

Turing to face the monster Johen smiled. "Lookin' for a brawl are ya." He said with a mocking tone in his voice.

Snapping the diamond visor across his eyes he lowered his head. Let the monster feel the force of a battlerager before felt the bite of the axe. His speed increased by the boots he charged the hook horror who again could not react to the speed of the dwarf. The dwarf grinned at the crunching sound as he drove his head into the monsters hip. It was over before the Hook Horror even knew it.

The impact did effect the dwarf though. His eyes crossed and his head rang, he watched as three hook horrors joined into one a they all fell in the same motion. Slapping the side of his head he shook the cobwebs out. Unstrapping his two axes he walked to the hook horrors head. "Ye picked the wrong battle today beastie."

Wiping the gore from his beard he took a sip from his canteen. "No rest for the wicked." He said to himself and broke into a sprint. At normal pace it would take him half a day to reach the cave. Today with his boots it would be a few hours.

It didn't take long until he rounded the last bend and could see the light drifting in through the entrance. He spurred him to run a little harder. As the passed through the entrance he stopped. I was nearing dusk. He had a few hours to go until he reached the Grove. Stopping for a quick meal, he grinned. He liked the surface. Orcs were easier to fight then drow and hook horrors. Packing his belongings he started down the path. He walked a while but the thrill took over and he started to run again.

He arrived at the Grove just before nightfall. Searching around he asked for the burrow warden a small Hin led him to where the elder halfing stood. "The gray elf where'd e' go?"

The warden explained that he had left with his comrades they wouldn't be to far but he would be excited to have one of Bruenors trusted stay the night. Accepting the offer Johen was lead off for another meal and a bath.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.