1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen Book 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Scot, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jex's song was chaotic. It had quiet serene moments that allowed the half drow to slip into happier times, but for the most part it was a rageing battle as most of his life had been. It grew more chaotic the close his memories came to his recent brush with death. At the moment he died his song went quiet and didn't continue.

Snapping out of the force revirie that Maron song had put on Jex, his hands slipped to his weapons and his eyes blazed. He couldn't sense a threat, but the songs abrubt end had disturbed the warrior.

2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Once again Ciana and the brothers had bypassed the village, running on until the sun started sinking. Ciana found a clearing and started gathering wood for a fire, and then she went through an elaborate ritual of warming down so her muscles wouldn't ache as much.

The five of them ate a quiet meal, Ciana spoke then saying she'd take the last watch and would the brothers like more black brew in the morning? Explaining what it was to the two other women she asked them whether they would want some as well?

3. Cirrus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"Thank you Ciana, that would be appreciated." Elendia smiled. She looked around at the others. "It has been a while since I have had such a work out." She stretched and smiled. She turned to Del, "How have you come to know two drow? No offense but you don't exactly seem very... umm... t... tolerant of some people."

4. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Kongol was perplex at the song that came from Maron's pipes, the song was loud and strong.

As the music grown louder, Kongol's mind just went high-wire with memories of his childhood, his family and then the great straggle that they had to go thru when there homes were overrun. Losing his friends, his family, his brother, Kongol could not handle the images no more, he did not know how to express his feelings, so he went in to Rage, took his axe and slam it into the ground, opening the soil before him; he then kneel trying to stop his anger, he turn at Maron,

"I've never feel like this, I always able to control rage over memories of homeland; what kind of instrument is that Maron, why is it so painful?"

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

"No thank you, Ciana. I mean no offense, but I'd rather trust myself to stay awake than rely on an elixir from someone I've just met." Delphinae turned to Elendia.

"Believe me, it wasn't by choice. These darklings ambushed the group I was travelling with a while back, but they only wanted to talk. The leader of the group, a small one with a big heart by the name of Sepp, accepted them into the group. So far, they've not betrayed us yet," Delphinae's lip curled as she pondered the brothers sitting some distance away, "- that I know of, at least - and their prowess in battle made them of enough use. I do not like travelling with them, and I keep my eye out for any sign of treachery, but so long as they stay friendly I have no reason to kill them. Yet."

6. DarkStrider

Ciana half-smiled at Delphinae and said "None taken, if someone wakes me for the last watch I'll also set the brew" and she rolled over in her blankets and was soon snoring softly.

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hearing what Kongol said Nakia turned suprised. To her the music had been soothing, full of hope and promise. The only painful moment had been in reliving the memory of what the humans had done. At the thought she frowned and shook her head. No, she had met many good humans since then and knew the ones that had struck her village where the true rogues. She would judge others according to what they did and not some preconcieved notion.

And with that she turned back to the trail, checking for danger and deciding that too much thinking was not good for a halfling. Except maybe people like Sepp and her father and she wasn't too sure about that.

8. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Kongol's words cut into Maron's song, as she deftly hid a flicker of annoyance as she answered.

"The song is not one I have invented, it is the song which plays in your heart, the music to which your life revolves. I am sorry if it is painful to you; most people are afraid and upset of what they hear, the first time they hear it. My own first time, it scared me..."

9. Benan Gems: 20/31

"It stopped when I died." Jex said suddenly interrupting the others. "My life was flashing through the song and when it reached the point where I died in the caverns it just stopped. What does that mean?"

10. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Maron shrugged, and carefully replaced the pipes in their pouch at her waist.

"I don;t know. I cannot interpret the songs, only the listener can do that. All I know is that my song offered support in the near future, something is going to happen."

SHe saw their looks, and smiled. "Nothing bad. I just heard that something good is going to happen to me,"

She muttered the end of the sentence under her breath "For once."

11. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Kelvados's ears tingled as he heard murmuring from the two new women. He turned slightly and gave them a dry smile. He and Delinos talked of the current events for a few moments, then both fell into a light sleep.

12. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nakia headed the party north. She had found out there was a trail they could follow which would lead them west.

13. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Kongol try to composure himself after the song, lifting his axe and walking towards Nakia, then he try bend himself to whisper on Nakia’s ear,

“Nakia, I feel bad about the way that I reacted at Maron’s song, and although I know that she wasn’t in control of what I heard, I do not make out good with memories of my past. And in the state that she is being since we left the temple I don’t think that will be prudent to address her right now, what should I do?”

14. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia looked at Kongol thinking what her father or Sepp might say. This leadership thing was a real pain in the arse but she was basically a kind person.

"Kongol, I think we all need to think about what just happened. The song reminded me of something I don't like to think about but it also brought peace and hope to me. It seems to touch something deep within us. Things we don't want to deal with but should. I think Maron has had to deal with this too. But I'm just a little rogue halfling and take things pretty much as they come." She smiled and hoped she said the right things.

She looked over at Sepp. Whispering, she prayed in halfling. "Yondalla, keep him safe and bring him back to us." She felt tears sting her eyes and shook her head turning and walking resolutely forward.

[ March 19, 2006, 10:05: Message edited by: Nakia ]

15. Felinoid

DelFear

Delphinae shook uncontrollably with the memories and feelings brought back by Maron's song, and her eyes darted around, looking for trouble. When it was over, Del looked visibly shaken for a minute, then resumed her usual expression of wariness.
    DelCourage

Delphinae, Elendie, Ciana, and the drow brothers finally reached the town. After a short stop for provisions, the group continued west to the temple, where Del had no trouble at all finding the tracks of the group that went west. Allowing them no rest, Del set out, with the others trailing reluctantly behind her.

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Where are we going again, oh wonderful and powerful leader?" Delinos said rather sarcastically. Kelvados shook his head at his brother's impatience.

"Oh, and by the by, the other Delphinae and company are headed to Waterdeep. Just if you want to know."

[ March 17, 2006, 02:44: Message edited by: Elwithral Irenicus ]

17. DarkStrider

Ciana watched the group head after the others going west she'd have no trouble catching up with them or finding them, the twin beacons of Del were still very clear in her mind. She entered the temple she had business to attend to here.

18. DarkStrider

As Ciana approached the main doors to the temple she found once again that she was expected, it was a little unnerving to have that sort of experience; she moved through the temple to Aldahrel’s office, she knocked and upon the summons entered. Inside she found the old priest and next to him the same Seer as before Alleiea, both smiled at her as she moved towards the chair in front of the desk.

“Welcome again, child, as you can see, we were expecting you.” Aldahrel started talking as Ciana settled into a seat. “We were a little surprised to find that both Dels weren’t with you, it isn’t that great a problem now that you’re here. As you may have learned Del is at the moment 2 people, one is assertive and courageous almost to the point of recklessness, while the other is skittish, fearful and frightened almost to the point of foolishness; you need to bring them together again, so that they may become one person again. To aid you in this we have prepared a package for Elendie, simply give it to her and tell her that Word will open the way for her, and then she will know what she has to do to solve the dilemma. Is there anything else child?”

“Yes, father the brothers are going after Torturus once we are all together again, I suspect in their case mainly for revenge. I also would like to resolve the issue with him but mainly for the purpose of removing such a dangerous individual; however I’m worried that he may affect adversely again and I don’t wish that to happen.”

The priest stood and moved round to Ciana’s front and spoke “It shows wisdom that you think of this child before rushing in, I am gladdened at this turn of events; and as such I give you this brooch to wear it will aid you in your travails with Torturus and beyond him.

“Rest for now and in the morning we will aid you on your way”

[ March 23, 2006, 14:57: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

19. Felinoid

Night fell (*thud*), and both groups set up camp. In the west, DelFear objected to not continuing but was overruled, and in the east, DelCourage ironically faced much the same. DelFear volunteered to take the first watch, but DelCourage scoffed at the idea of setting a watch, saying that their quarry had much more reason to fear an attack than they did. A similar difference could be heard in the way that the group in the west talked into the night, while the group in the east simply bedded down without a word, but instead some wary glances at their companions. At last, everyone was asleep.

20. Nakia

Media:
    Everyone in the camp was asleep except Nakia. She retired slightly away from the others. She had a headache and was sure she was catching some disease from all this daytime travel and responsibility. She pondered on what to do about Del and Sepp but her head hurt too much to give her any answers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.