1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen Book 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Scot, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Ciana was getting antsy she wanted to be moving this waiting around was beginning to get to her, she wanted to get going but it would be so rude to go by herself now knowing the brothers were coming as well. She wondered how long was being patient as opposed to impatience, she'd give them half a candlemark and then she'd find them and see what was happening. She sat back against the tree again and waited, foot tapping nervously.

2. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The Drow brothers gathered their things and stood beside Ciana, fingering their weapons nervously.

After a few minutes of standing, the brothers became impatient and started to train. They often sparred with each other to strengthen themselves.

"Okay Kel, I'm going to fire spells at you, and you're going to either counter them with the spell I taught you, or counter them with another spell."

Kelvados nodded and got into his ready position, preparing his sword to block. Delinos blasted an Acid Arrow at him and he quickly used the power word, piarad, to make a small shield of energy to deflect it.

Delinos repeated this very many times, with various spells, until both of them were sweating. The brothers sat beside the amused Ciana, who had been eyeing them the whole time.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Arriving back at the temple with Sepp Nakia saw that several of the clerics were gathered around Kongol working some sort of spell. She steered clear of them and found another cleric who checked Sepp and told her that she could find nothing wrong with him. He seemed able to funtion but his mind appeared to have retreated to some protective sphere. She could only suggest that time would heal it.

Nakia found Del, "I'm heading with you and taking Sepp along. Maybe going to my burrow will help whatever is wrong with him."

4. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

With all the clerics surrounding him, the burning of his hand began to subside, as that took place, the ring on his hand started to oxidize. After a while, one of the clerics hold the ring with both hands and remove it, and with that all the cleric stop working there spells. He felt renew and finally he was able to control his motion skills.

He then bow and thank the clerics for all the help; he went outside to find the little halflings and the flying elf that had help him, "Hi, my name is Kongol, I don't know how to repay you for all the help, is there anything that I can do for you, I am in debt!" as he saw the two halfling talk to another human.

5. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Maron stepped back as the clerics surrounded the half-giant. In truth, she didn't retreat as much as she was pushed aside, almost brusquely.

SHe looked around, searching for a familiar face. FInding the one she searched for, and waved to attract her attention, before leaping over, aided with a quick flap of her wings.

Landing lightly, she greeted Nakia.

"I wish to come with you, and Sepp. There is still business to complete, and you have both aided my own task. I can help you with yours now."

6. DarkStrider

Ciana stood up "I think that we're the only ones going east, shall we go then? I wish you to know I want to move as fast as I can so that I can get back to Del quickly as well. Were you planning any detours?"

7. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Us? No, we're with you."

8. DarkStrider

"Ok then let's go" and she turned east and headed off in a gentle lope hopefully with the brothers following her.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Leaves of autumn! Are we still deciding who is going to go east and west and up and down? This is like dealing with a bunch of old women!!"

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "Bite yer tongue Atten, ain't no old women here! We're going. If Del is coming she better be ready. I'm off. Gotta find out what's wrong with Sepp. Whatcha going to do? Commune with nature? Maybe you'd like to see how the wee folk live?"

Nakia is rather tired, not physically, but mentally and stressed out.

11. Maurolava

Kongol looks down at Nakia, "Excuse me little Halfling, seeing as I'm in debt to you and also to the flying elf, could it be possible if I can accompanying you in your travels, I think I might be of great assistance to you" He then looks up and the back at Nakia in hopes of a good reply.

12. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia smiles up at Maurolava, "Of course you may come. It's a long ways to Waterdeep and not the friendliest of lands to travel. Your help will be much appreciated." She looks at Maron and smiles warmly, "Yours too, Maron. If you are ready let's be off."

She collects Sepp things, sticks them in the ragged bag of holding and starts off with Sepp in tow.

13. Maurolava

"I’m happy to know that I can be of any aid to you"
    Kongol takes a couple of steps back to where he had came about and picks up his axe, he then double backs towards Nakia "So we’re going to Waterdeep, ahh?, what’s on Waterdeep in any case?” Kongol the pauses for a second and replies , “So sorry, but I haven’t even get your name!!”

14. Nakia

Media:
    "I am Nakia, this is Sepp and our flying angel is Maron. Del should be around somewhere. Especially since she's the one who insists on going to my burrow. If you don't know, a burrow is what halflings call their villages mainly because a good part of the house is underground." She looks Kongol up and down. "Afraid you won't fit in the houses but we'll throw a party outside for you. Halflings love parties."

15. Daie d'Malkin

Whether she knew it ornot, Nakia's words affected Maron deeply. Her description of Maron as an angel threw the priestess's mind back to an earlier, and unhappier time.

"I don't know, I just can't put up with this any longer..."

"Look around you" She didn't want to, but he gently moved her head around, making her look at the other dancers on the floor.

"You see them all? You hear their words? Nothing. You are so much more, compared to these people. Whatever they say, when their grandchildren are rotting in the grave, you will still be as you are now. Your skin will be as soft, you face as beautiful, your body as young as ever. Their words last less than they do, and all you have to remember is this,"

It was this part of the memory that affected her the most, these words that had stayed with her all the years since he had said them.

"Maron, you are an angel. Your form shows your true self. No-one can hold a candle to you. Sune says true beauty comes from within, and yours shines through brighter than any sun. Always remember this, remember what I've told you. One day, your Quessir will come for you, your knight in shining armour, and even if he spends the rest of his life serving you the sweetest fruit, the richest wine, it will still not be half of what you deserve. "

She had looked into his eyes, and seen that he told her the truth as he saw it. She had sighed, and lowered her head to his shoulder, squeezing him itghtly as the dance continued. "Thank you" she had whispered into his body, her tears gone.

Now, as she relived that night, tears flowed down her cheeks, and she looked far into the distance, seeing again the dancefloor, the nobles twirling across it, and the tall elf who had held her throughout the waltz.

"Oh Dai'altha, you never did know, did you? My Quessir, my knight, he was always there."

16. Benan Gems: 20/31

"Nakia, you don't introduce me. How easily we forget our friends." Jex said as he stepped away from the tree joining his friends. "I see you've also decided to join Del. Now all we need is our fearless leader and can be off. I don't know what Atten has chosen to do but I assume that the brothers and the sorcereress have left."

Jex had left his hood up partially hideing his heritage. He didn't trust Kongol quite yet and was unsure of how the giant would react to the presance of the half drow.

17. Nakia

Media:
    "Sorry Jex, being distracted about Sepp I didn't see you. You do have a knack to blend in with the shadows. Aye, where is Del? I'm moving out." With that she picked up her stuff grabbed Sepp's arm and started west.

18. Maurolava

As the group started to head west, Kongol look at Maron as tears coming down her face; so tries to hide his axe behind him, "Maron...did I said something wrong, why are you sad?" Kongol try to look her eyes, "I'm in debt to you as I am with Nakia, so if there is anything that I can do for you, please just let me know..."

Kongol smiles at Maron in hopes to not upset her further.

19. Daie d'Malkin

Maron whirled as Kongol spoke to her. She sniffed, and smiled at him through the tears.

"Don't worry, it isn't anything you said. Nakia's words, they broughtback memories of much happier times, and old friends. I miss them, but we have a task to do. Still, I will keep these memories close, for a while. It does not do to forget ones friends."

20. Maurolava

As the group resume there walk, Kongol fall back a little since his steps cover much more ground that his fellow companions, once Kongol reached the back of the field he saw the hooded figure that had moments ago talked with Nakia. Kongol observed the party, and out off everyone, only Jex had his head and face cover. Curiously, Kongol approach him and touch his shoulder.

“Excuse me sir, It’s everything alright” Kongol said in a firm, yet gentle voice “Why do you cover your face, are you shy…?”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.