1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen Book 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Scot, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Delinos cast a curious glance at the woman's scars, and stepped towards her.

"I have similar scars, except my own are more artistic." He unbuttoned the top half of his robes, and slid them down to his waist. He turned to reveal the scars that started at his hair, and ended at the middle of his back. They looked almost like someone's long hair, flowing down the stretch of his back. They were healing, some more than others, and some still bled if touched too much.

"Kelvados has more on his legs, similar to mine, but less deep. His have healed more because mine are more recent than his."

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    As Del and Nakia walk through the village they pass several shops. Seeing a shop with a shoe hanging by the door. Nakia shakes her head and starts to walk by but glances through the open door.

"Heya, Del, there's Atten." She jumps into the shop. "Atten, am I glad to see you. Strange things going on here. We need you."

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Atten was a bit wary about the strange cobbler but examined the boots nonetheless. They seemed to be sturdy enough and the only real requirements that Atten had were durability and comfort.

He pulled off his old boots (which almost fell apart in his hands and tried on the new ones). He was surprised to see that they fit him perfectly; almost as if they had been made especially for him. There was something else as well about them that he couldn't put his finger on.

"It's almost as if I feel more nimble when wearing these boots. I'm not sure how you knew what I was looking for, but these boots seem to be perfect. I wonder whether I can afford them. How much do you want for them?"

Just then, Nakia walked in.

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

"Yes they are more artistic" said Ciana, with a glance at Kelvados "How is your brother now ? And do you know what caused it ? I hope it was nothing to do with me, I wish no more troubles to follow me."

5. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Delinos glanced at his brother. The flow of blood had slowed to a trickle. "You should hope that you didn't cause it." Delinos said coldy, pulling on his robes.

6. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Delinos," Sepp said. "I don't think this woman caused what happened to Kelvados, at least not directly or with bad intentions. Maybe just the presence of Torturous' work caused latent wounds to resurge in Kelvados. That's the best I can surmise. What do you think? As soon as Kelvados is able to, we should go find the others and see what was bothering Del so much. She was acting very perculiar."

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "Atten, there is a strange person at the inn and Kelvados seems sore injured. I don't know much but Del is very upset. She can explain better than I can."

Nakia turns and gestures for Del to continue.

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

"It's the sorceress. I think she's done domething to our friends, but I don't know what. Sepp, Jex and the drow are all probably affected." The words seemed to fall out of Delphinae faster and faster as she spoke. "I may even be affected, though I was fighting the whole time; I just don't know. But you and Nakia haven't spoken to her yet so you can't be. Don't listen to her words, that's how they get you; an innocuous conversation can carry a dangerous spell. And her aura, it's so wild that I can't even tell her intentions or even if she's a she for sure! She's probably hiding it on purpose; she may even be the one who..."

Finally her words failed as her throat choked up, and Delphinae fell silent again.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Atten tried to concentrate on both his mysterious boot purchase and the arrival of Nakia.

The shoemaker indicated that he would accept some of Atten's rare herbs along with a small amount of gold as payment for the boots. Atten thought that was probably OK as he could always go back to the forest and get some more.

Happy with his purchase, bizarre though it was, he turned and acknowledged Nakia.

"What sorcerer? How does this concern me?"

10. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia sighs a little and speaking a little slowly and carefull says,

"Atten, you are concerned with the Balance, right? So you should be concerned with anything that upsets the Balance. This person is upsetting the Balance."

She opens her mouth as if to speak further then shakes her head and closes her mouth tightly as if afraid of what she might say. Folding her arms she looks around the shop and at the shop keeper. Turning around she stomps off to the entrance, stops and looks back at Atten.

Suddenly she looks at Del, "Maron! She didn't come into the Inn with us. She prefers to stay outside. She wouldn't be affected either. Maybe she could help. At least she could help Kelvados."

[ January 11, 2006, 21:07: Message edited by: Nakia ]

11. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Kelvados finally opened his eyes and sat up. "Are you okay? Well enough to at least walk slowly?" Sepp asked him. He nodded. "Good, we should get going. Cianna, I think you need to get to that temple, and it might not be a bad thing for Kelvados here either. Let's pack up and go."

He reached out for his connection to Jex and Nakia, letting them know that he was setting off to the temple to the west. With Del acting so strangely, maybe it would be better to travel more loosely for a while.

In a few minutes he had all his things and was waitning outside the tavern for any one who wanted to go with him.

12. Harbourboy

Atten sighed.

"I'm still not sure I understand what is going on. What are you proposing to do? And do you like my cool new boots?"

13. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia caught Sepp's message and using the same connection let him know she was with Del and was going to stick with her for the moment. She then turned to Atten.

"The boots look great, Atten. Really good quality. I don't know what is going on either but Sepp is headed to a temple west of here. I think we should get Maron and head there too. Let's get going." With that she trotted outside and looked around.

A little ways up the village street was the square where she saw a crowd of villagers gathered. She couldn't see into the middle of the crowd so she wiggled her way through til she saw Maron who was doing what all good healers did, healing. At a lull she got next to Maron.

"Maron, we need to talk to you. Away from the crowd."

14. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Maron looked over, and nodded, before finishing the spell. The young man's scar faded after a moment, and he grinned happily, though whether at the healing or her was a debatable point. Maron got up, and apologised to the crowd, before following Nakia away.

"What's wrong?" she asked, worried at Nakia's tone.

15. Harbourboy

"What's so exciting about this temple?"

16. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jex had left town, and was outside of the villiage. He was alone on a road figureing which way to go when felt the familar buzz of Sepps mind intrusion. It was telling him to go west. With that he headed off.

17. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia, Maron, Del and Harbourboy gathered together under some trees. Nakia told Maron what she knew then glanced at Del and over to Atten.

"Atten, you know what I know. Something weird is going down. My duty and privilege is to help Sepp. I'm headed to this temple and would appreciate all the help I can get."

With that she started west knowing her connection to Sepp would guide her.

18. Harbourboy

"(Sigh) OK then. I'll follow you on this 'weird' mission for now but I hope I can get back to my forest some time soon....."

19. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia glanced over at Atten. "Hey, Atten, those new boots must feel good. You have a spring in your stride I hadn't noticed before."

She takes a closer look at the boots. "Really fine quality. That shop keeper must have asked an arm and a leg for them."

Del just moves quietly along lost in thought. Maron flies scout and all is quiet and peaceful as they move into the forest towards the temple. Nakia checks for danger but the gentle breeze, birdsong and sweet smells soothe her jangled nerves. Her connection with Sepp tells her that at the moment he is fine.

Being a rogue has its times of danger and excitment but it also has periods of boredom. Since meeting her cousin she just hasn't had time to relax and she is enjoying the moment.

20. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Maron flew scout for a few minutes, weighing over something in her mind. Eventually, she came down, and landed next to Nakia.

"Nakia, I have something to tell you, about a Temple near here."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.