1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rape

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by joacqin, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Arendil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

chev
    No, it's not. Deviant can use anything to rape, bottle, stick, whatever. Cutting something off doesn't change a mind of abnormal person. I was suprised, but one of my friends (with degree of psychology) confirmed that. I'm talking about facts, not theory.

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    That's correct. I know. But if we stuffed him with antilibidiants, he would probably have no incentive to do that. However, even if we can't prevent him from using something else, we can still prevent him from impregnating his victim and that's already a plus.

@T2Bruno: You know, lack of reciprocation or consent is a turn off for me and even just mere consent won't do the job. But not every guy has the nerve and not every woman acts in good faith or in a reasonable or responsible fashion.

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    So your friend castrated himself!?!? :aaa:

4. Arendil Gems: 6/31

@chev
    Sorry, but I disagree. I know few documented cases when raping was done by broken bottle, kitchen knife...uhh, that's terrible I know, but true. So I don't know which is worse.

@Aldeth
    Huh ???

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    You said that your friend confirmed this using facts, not theory. That suggested that either he, or someone he knows was castrated in order to confirm it. Otherwise, you mean there was a study done, not by your friend, and that study confirmed it for you, but based on your statement it sounded like it was your friend who confirmed it through some strange self-castration method.

6. chevalier

Media:
    @Arendil: I agreed with you on that, although I find it hard to imagine that such cases would be more than a fraction of the total number.

So with what exactly do you disagree - with that preventing the rapist from being able to make the victim pregnant is not a good thing, or that stuffing him with antilibidiants could reduce his sex drive to none and stop his fantasies?

"Tools" are already horrible, but they won't make anyone pregnant. Castration still helps...

7. Arendil Gems: 6/31

@Aldeth, oh my, I'm sure you understand what I wrote...to make it clear - I was talking with my friends about that topic, and someone said what I wrote above, and I couldn't believe. THEN I asked about that one of psychologists I know (also my friend), and he confirmed that such cases exists.
    Up to this point I was thinking that castration is a not bad idea...

@Chev maybe little misunderstanding...I wanted to say that we can prevent rapist from impregnating victim, yes, but what he can do after castration can be as bad or maybe worse.

8. chevalier

Media:
    @Arendil: Well, but we would need to assume that the rapist were one of the more sadistic kind. Those guys don't limit themselves to enforcing physical contact even before they are castrated. Granted, they might run rampage in revenge the moment they are released from prison, although I'm not sure if the risk is really so high.

However, we can't put them behind bars for life or execute them because if we do so, they will start murdering their victims in order easier to hide their crime. That's what death penalty for rape in the USSR produced in the thirties.

Those guys don't deserve to live in a society. They should never be let go if they haven't undergone therapy with a strong chance of success - if there is any.

But I still insist on making them infertile. Sterilisation would do.

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    First of all, I was using 'you' as a universal pronoun -- my apologies if it felt directed at Chev.

Chev: I've always like the castration idea for sex offenders, it may not do anything to stop the violent tendancies of the individual -- but it would sure act as a great deterrent for those that are 'riding the fence.'

I certainly wouldn't want to be caught on the wrong side of that law in a he said/she said....

10. chevalier

Media:
    Date rape pill kiddies would be deterred, no doubt. Abusive bosses, fathers, priests etc too. Plus those party loons who look for a passed out girl to get their only chance. Only guys with real issues would still challenge their luck, I think. They need treatment more than punishment, anyway, I think. A real psycho is not the same as a stupid kid with a date rape pill who will likely never pull that trick again after getting out of prison.

11. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I would have sterilization as a possibility to avoid prison sentence (there is no point putting the guy in prison for rape if you sterilize him) if I'd have it at all. Forceful sterilization is just plain wrong and goes with me to the same cathegory with the death penalty and organized torture.

All of those who have commited acts of violence need serious help much more than punishment.

12. chevalier

Media:
    Forced sterilisation is a means of protection from protecting unconsenting women from being impregnated by the rapist. It's his choice to make a wrong use of his genital faculties in a way harmful to others, therefore the others' safety overrides his freedoms in this particular respect.

And I believe there is still much point putting him in prison because even if he cannot impregnate, he can still force the act on an unconsenting woman. Well, I think it's not a bad idea to keep rapists and other sex offenders away from the society for their whole lives unless a change of character can in some way be proved.

Agreed. But I would still keep punishment for those who have been too lenient in handling their wicked selves.

13. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It has been touched upon but there are other kinds of sterilization than to just cut the tubes to make it impossible for the man to impregnate the woman. Chemical castration is what is used against many pedophiles and other deviant sexual aggressors, this removes the sex urge in the person in question and seems to work to some extent.

As for the topic it seems like no one has a good solution on the word vs word cases.

14. Ravynn Gems: 6/31

Here's an idea. Execute rapists. The second the guilty verdict is given. Too squeamish for that, or don't support the death penalty? Fine, and this might be an even better idea. After castrating him, cut off his hands so he can't hold her down or use tools on her, cut out his eyes so he can't look at women, sever his spinal cord so he's paralyzed from the neck down, and brand RAPIST or CHILD MOLESTOR on both cheeks and his forehead so everyone knows exactly what he is and treats him as he deserves. Obviously, you must be certain as to his guilt to go to such measures, but I guarantee he would never do it again. My sister was raped, so I would even settle for the guy to be handed over to the girls family for a certain period of time, and then doing the above. To protect women and children from being killed to hide a man's crimes, make the penalty for doing so even more severe than the above.

15. chevalier

Media:
    It's an abhorrent crime and it spreads like a plague. It's awful and I've had enough of it. What are those guys thinking. I wouldn't cry if they all died. I would gladly kill one if there were no other sure way of stopping him, even if he were my own brother. I have nothing against gutting their jewels, although I wouldn't have the guy executed. Still, a potentially reoffending rapist is better executed than let loose.

How about putting them all in a good old-fashioned stone quarry and spending the income on some anti-rape program. Or on opening another quarry. :rolleyes:

And I don't just mean those typical thugs who abduct and abuse stranger. Castrate kids who use date rape pills. Castrate bosses who molest workers. Just make sure the case is 100% proved before something irreversible happens.

Know what Henry V did in France? In a conquered city, he had rapist soldiers from his own army tied to pillories at the city market and gave knives to the victims. We can only guess what happened next. :rolleyes:

So, my gentle reader, if you have used the date rape pill, know that I want your genitals on a golden plate.

16. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Ravynn/Chev - what if he's not really guilty? There are plenty of "criminals" sitting in jail who are being proven innocent on a daily basis through new DNA technology and other items. It's bad enough when the government lets them out with barely a "gee, sorry about those five years of your life that you can't have back and, gee, sorry about that Hepatitis C and HIV thing your roomate Bubba gave you . . . "

What happens when you're let out ball-less, hand-less, etc.? Until you get a 100% accurate ability to convict, there is no way I will support such a permanent result.

17. Ravynn Gems: 6/31

If you will read my post again, you will notice I clearly stated you must be 100% convinced of the man's guilt before you take such actions. And, only about 10% of innocent men (convicted of murder) in prison are released because of DNA evidence, so the problem lies in the justice system itself more than anywhere else.

18. chevalier

Media:
    @dmc: That's why I stress it all the time that his guilt needs to be 100% proved before anything irreversible happens. And no convictions relying on unproven innocence - one is innocent until proved otherwise, no matter the crime.

19. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It is logically impossible to be 100% certain of someones guilt, ever.

20. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Even if you catch them in the act of committing a crime?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.