1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Felinoid, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, if Sehwag is an idiot, then we'd quite like to have a team full of idiots, please.

2. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Thats in the tests. He has an average of 31 in ODIs.

In the last year he has been out for less than 30 over half the time. And given that those 30 runs include atleast 4x4, it is very annoying to see him get out.
    I mean it would be ok if he were stealing 1s and 2s on a bad day and he got out. But he always starts out hitting 4s and then gets out caught in the slips off an edge. It just makes me :flaming:

3. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

:banana: Broadband's at home! :banana:
    So now I have sport channels!!
    I saw a NHL game!
    What a game, Bruins - Flyers, Flyers were loosing 3 to 1 and they tied the game in the last 2 minuts and won it in sudden death.
    Waiting to see some NFL - NBA games!
    Oh, sweet sports channels. How I missed them.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Rugby: All Blacks 45 - 0 over Ireland at Lansdowne Road so far. What a thrashing.

5. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Only minutes left to Poland vs Equador football match :D I hope will will win and win high :p

6. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Sydax, which sportschannels are you talking about ? Did it come as some sort of package with your cabe modem ?

7. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Despite terrible weather conditions Poland won 3:0 :D !

8. Sydax Gems: 19/31

@Pac man: yes, is part of a pack: DSL+digital television, for instance I have Eurosport and Eurosport2 plus one channel that has NFL, NHL, NBA, etc., and another with football all day long.

9. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Halfway through the first qurater, the Packers were already up 14-0. Surprise, surprise, they squandered it. :shame: Now it's halftime and they're only up 17-14 due to a final field goal under the two-minute warning. Can you smell what the Pack is cooking? Another loss, I bet. :rolleyes:

EDIT:
    Hmph. Seems they pulled it off, 33-25. *Ahem* Yay! :banana:

[ November 14, 2005, 02:27: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

10. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Oh man, i gotta get me a package like that too, they hardly ever broadcast any of the American sports here, we only had a few minutes of highlights from the Worldseries for instance, and that's just not good enough for me.

How much does a package like that cost on a monthly basis ? I already have cable, which costs me 50€ per month, but i'm willing to pay extra, whatever it takes to be able to see the MLB, NHL, and NBA again.

11. Sydax Gems: 19/31

Here. And here is some information.
    (in Spanish :D but you'll understand the Euros 'numbers')

12. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I know what you mean Pac Man. I would love to see some NFL, baseball or nascar, but they just don't show that stuff here.

But digital television isn't that expensive on a monthly basis. The cheapest package with extra channels should cost about 5 euros a month more than your analog cable television. And the installation and first decoder box are probably free. However, if you want it on multiple television it will cost you, considering you need a nifty little box on every tv. I haven't really looked into the cost of that, but I doubt it will be very cheap.

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I used to have Canal+, mainly for the NBA and MLB games, but when i moved to my new appartment, and my rent got doubled, i threw them out first. But i'm starting to miss those fridaynights and sundaynights with basketball, there's a new season underway and i'm missing everything. :(

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Eddie Guerrero is dead! :whoa:

15. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Polish female volleyball team lost today with Brazil
    :( But they won with Japan yesterday :D
    BTW who is Eddie Guerrero :confused:

16. Felinoid

17. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I'm not a wrestling fan (and no, my nick is not taken from WWF :p ). I never heard about him. But I guess a minute of silence would be best now.

18. Felinoid

UW volleyball tonight kicked a$$. :banana: 30-27, 30-14, 30-25. If there had been a need for a fourth game, I bet it would have gone like the second, and a fifth game might've been a blow-out. :heh: Michigan's coach either had no idea how to rotate properly, or no players worth rotating.

19. Felinoid

More a$$-kickage tonight as UW volleyball wiped the floor with Michigan State 30-17 in the first game. They rallied for the second and third games, but we still swept them 30-28 and 32-30. But the most amazing thing is who I saw there:
    this guy -> :banana: I am not kidding; there was actually someone in a banana suit dancing around. :lol: And guess what it reminded me of. ;)

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I watched some of Chelsea vs. Newcastle yesterday. Too much focus on Chelsea, imo. I barely saw Newcastle players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.