1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Felinoid, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

The best part of the football day yesterday was
    Lille 1 Man Utd 0 :lol:

And to make it even better for them Arsenal qualified rotflmao

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

:lol:

Every time I see Fergie nowadays, it looks as though his head's gonna explode... :shake:

Personally, I'd like to see Kean-o manager, just for the look of fear on Rio Ferdinand's face! Not that that'd help, though; Man U's midfield is terrible, and w/o Heinze and G. Neville their defence is decidedly shaky. What happened to O'Shea, for heaven's sake? A couple of years ago, everyone was saying what a player he'd turn out to be, now he seems to have gone backwards. Bizarre.

Well, hopefully Wigan and Spurs can continue to push Chelsea ( :lol: :shake: ), otherwise it's going to be an awfully short season as far as the Premiership title is concerned...

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I thought the match between Werder Bremen and Udinese was pretty spectacular too. Going into halftime with a comfortable 3-0 lead didn't give Werder much confidence, the Italians managed to score three goals within seven minutes. Werder still managed to pull out a 4-3 victory, but at some point they must have felt pretty helpless. :D

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Big weekend of sport this weekend. Friday night - NZ v SA Game 4, Saturday night - All Blacks vs Five Nations Champions Wales, Sunday night - NZ v SA Game 5.

Man, I am going to get no sleep this weekend. Why do my two favourite teams have to be touring the other side of the world at the same time?

5. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Lakers win against the Denver Nuggets in overtime, Kobe Bryant hit the game winning shot! But then they lost against the Suns... Kwame Brown have to step up.

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Badger VB team won tonight, 3 games to 2, and the scoring was all over the place. Every game was close, and I'm gonna have an enormous headache in the morning from all that yelling, but for now I'm holding it off with a celebratory :beer: . Cheers!

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The testosterone in this thread is getting to me. Why are football (soccer) players so cute? :hmm:

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

All Blacks 13 - 3 over Wales at half time. Go the ABs!

9. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    You expected different? It's Wales against the All Blacks mate. The AB's are the best team in the world by a mile right now. I expect a 30+ point margin come the end of the game.

Another dangerous spear tackle from the AB's....

[ November 05, 2005, 18:29: Message edited by: Barmy Army ]

10. Harbourboy

41 -3 for the All Blacks over the Six Nations champions. The Grand Slam dream is still alive. Shame that Wales were missing some of their better players.

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    NZ are 1-2 on to win the Tri-Nations, that seems like a good bet even at those odds...

12. Harbourboy

Next year's Tri-Nations? I can't believe the odds are out for that already.

13. Barmy Army

Media:
    Australia VS Great Britain now, let's see if we can do better here after we got pretty much outplayed last week.
    All this different rugby stuff confuses me something chronic!!!

No this years, the one that's happening now. NZ are top of the table at minute... why next years??

[ November 05, 2005, 19:37: Message edited by: Barmy Army ]

14. Harbourboy

Ah right. I thought we were still talking about the All Blacks. Australia will win the Rugby League tri-nations so any money bet on anyone else is a mug's bet. That's why Rugby League will never be as interesting as Rugby Union because there is no genuine international competition. The Rugby League World Cup is a complete joke because there is only one team with any chance of winning and only 3-4 who are any use at all. When Great Britain have to split back into the home nations they become rubbish.

15. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Impressive. The Leafs managed to beat Tampa, the defending Stanley Cup champs.

If only they had signed better players, they'd be doing much better.

Oh well. Go Leafs!

16. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG] Looks like the Packers are well on their way to throwing yet another game; I just hope the high draft pick is worth it. :rolleyes:

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Watched a bit of soccer today on the French sports channel, guys in dark blue shirts versus guys in green shirts (I can't figure out the names! :lol: ). Must be my inability to understand most of the language (especially when spoken so fast) that makes it easier to pay attention to the game.

18. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Ahh, Patriots lost to the Colts.... I hate the Colts! No me gusta Peyton Manning! Grr....

19. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Won the 6th ODI against SriLanka. 5-1 now.
    Sehwag is still an idiot with the bat. Swings it like it were an axe.

20. Barmy Army

Media:
    Of course, a man with an average of 55+ is an idiot with the bat...!!??

He's one of the worlds best batsmen right now, incredibly aggressive but really talented, the perfect foil for Sachin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.