1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Felinoid, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

2. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

you've singed everyone from Valencia, why not Aimar!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

All Blacks beat Wallabies by 32 - 12. Fascinating game. Scoreline flatters the All Blacks a bit, as they scored 14 points during 10 minutes while Australia were a man down. Wallabies spent the rest of the game playing catch up. I'm sure it won't be that close when we next meet in Brisbane. But it's damn good to have some real test match rugby to watch again.

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Red Sox lost after 19 innings... for those who don't know baseball, a normal game lasts 9 innings. This game lasted 6 hours and 19 minutes (as opposed to the normal 3 hours).

5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

How come, when the Leafs have only about 4 million left in cap space, Michael Peca and Anson Carter both talk about how they'd like to play for the Leafs. What the team needs to do is sit down with the players in question, their agents, and tell them how much money is available between the two contracts. Then we'll see some competition...

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    My boys Cooky and Belly both clobbered centuries in the first innings. Goodo :) .

7. Harbourboy

Well, English sports fans have something to cheer about again. They certainly can't lose this test now.

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Oh. My. God. Lazio, Juventus and Fiorentina have been relegated to Serie B, and Juventus will have to start with a 30 point penalty! That's gonna be a hell of a league next season. :shake:

Full story here.

[ July 15, 2006, 11:42: Message edited by: The Magpie ]

9. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Nothing for Milan?

And I'm gonna miss three out of my four favorite teams. With Fiorentina and Juventus being relegated for this, and Brecia being relegated normally, only AC Milan is left. :(

EDIT: Just saw AC Milan. Stays in Serie A, but gets a 15 point penalty.

10. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Forza Palermo :banana:

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Bowling is allover the place again. Harmison probably bowling the worst balls he's bowled in 3 years. But hey, he's still got three wickets I 'spose.

12. Gnarfflinger

Ah NHL Offseason in Toronto Maple Leafs region. Lots of speculation to read, but littile actually happenning...

If I put a team together of all the players rumoured to be coming to Toronto, I'd have blown the salary cap three times over...

13. Harbourboy

Must be a great batting wicket. Although Pietersen did get a wicket.

14. Gnarfflinger

It looks like the Toronto Maple Leafs really did land Mike Peca. I like the signing. Sure he won't score 25 goals in a season like he did years ago, but he's not there to add offence, he's there to offend. He'll offend the Senators, Canadiens, Sabres, Ruins--er Bruins...

That puts the Leafs at $43 million, about 1 million below the cap. Barring a really sweet deal, that's about the end of the tinkering that JFJ will be doing...

15. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Does anyone know when we are having our revenge on the handbag swinging Kiwis's? I havent seen any ads for it yet.

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@ Gnarfflinger - yes the Leafs are out of salary cap room and they have not found a way to get a top line scoring winger to play with Sundin. The Leafs have bolstered their defence but they have added a goalie who is coming off a terrible season and they have done nothing to bolster their offence. All in all I am not looking forward to next season.

17. Harbourboy

Awesome. The NZ basketball team beat the Australian Boomers 79 - 71. This is the Tall Blacks's fisrt ever win in Australia. Bring on the World Championships!

And TrueBlueAussie - assuming you are talking about the next Tri-Nations test, the All Blacks take on the Wallabies in Brisbane on 29 July.

18. Gnarfflinger

JSBB: I thought JFJ should have been horse whipped for the Rask for Raycroft deal. I'd have been confident running with Aubin and Telqvist then having 3 mil to try to land Anson Carter...

19. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It's seems that Berlusconi still has some influences, can't understand why the other teams went to Serie B but his team doesn't; Milan just got monetary punishment and they have to start the championship with -15 points.

20. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Personally I would have said to hell with McCabe and forget Raycroft and used the money to sign Anson Carter and Martin Gerber.

The defence is good enough with McCabe (who isn't nearly as good as people seem to think), Gerber has a better track record than Raycroft, they would still have Rask for the future, and Carter would give them the scoring winger that they need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.