1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Felinoid, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

JSBB, I'd have been comfortable with Aubin and Telqvist myself. The priority should have been a front line forward to play with Sundin, and Defence (McCabe or a replacement, a three defenceman to play with Coliacovo, a five man to play with Kronwall).

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

After the way them dumped on Telqvist down the stretch I think his days in Toronto are pretty much over. Aubin played very well down the stretch but I don't think we can count on him to play so well next year.

We have McCabe signed now - I would have rather we used that money to pick up someone who can actually play defence instead of being a fourth forward.

I agree that they need to get some good wingers to work with Sundin. Gary Roberts is definitely NOT the way they should go regardless of whether or not he wants to be traded to Toronto.

3. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

dude, you just involved in match fixing, why the hell you need to kill youself? got secret?

4. Gnarfflinger

If Ferguson does trade anything of consequence for Roberts, I'll try on a Senators hat...

Not saying I'd actually pay money for one...

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Only a week to go before the first Tri Nations test of 2006. Go the All Blacks!

6. Gnarfflinger

The Leafs added Size to the Blue line, landing Pavel Kubina and Hal Gill today. Now just get a scoring Forward to play with Sundin and we may be all set...

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Sri Lankans are on fire!

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    A 5-0 whitewash at home, how embarassing...

9. Harbourboy

You've got to almost feel sorry for English sports gurus at the moment.

Soccer team - out of the World Cup one the basis of a couple of kicks

Rugby team - World champs three years ago, but can't win anything at the moment

Cricket team - won the Ashes last year, but getting smashed by Sri Lanka at home

Tennis - Henman eliminated at Wimbledon again.

At least your rugby league team beat a Kiwi 2nd XIII last week.

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    Tell me about it, it's enough to drive me to drink *hic*

11. Blog Gems: 23/31

What you think about the Bertuzzi trade (and Bryan Allen and Alex Auld) for Roberto Luongo?

I don't like it. Vancouver needed to ship Bertuzzi away, but not along with two overachieving, young CHEAP players. Sure they got a great goalie in return... his salary seems too much when Cloutier/Auld could have made most of the standard saves for 4-5 million dollars less.

Getting the Sedins signed for three years was a good move though ;) As was getting Willie Mitchell... good solid defensive player for a few million.

12. Gnarfflinger

I shed no tears for the Canucks. They get Luongo, arguably the best goalie in the game today for a player that drastically needed a change of scenery. The other two players were the price of a deal they felt safe taking to the fans...

13. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ozzie Guillen is a ****ing idiot. I really some angry Tigers fan does harm to CWS' ridiculous manager. 6 Sox in the All-Star game and not one of them starting... Thome, it doesn't represent the strength of your club, the Tigers are a better team and only have 2 guys going, no Thome, it represents just how poor of an All-Star manager Guillen is. Ozzie, the All-Star manager is suppose to pick the best players to go the the All-Star game (cuz God knows the fans can't), not to pick the best White Sox players to go to the All-Star game.

14. Harbourboy

Cool. The Warriors have won 4 in a row. Unheard of!

15. Barmy Army

Media:
    Fred Trueman has passed away recently, the game of cricket has lost a legend. He was the first player from any country to reach 300 wickets. Quite a few have beat that total now, but not many can get close to his astonishing strike rate and average.

RIP, Freddie.

16. Harbourboy

Yeah, what a legend. RIP. Wasn't he from up your part of the country, Barmy?

17. Barmy Army

Media:
    Nearby, he was a Yorkshire born and bred. I'm a Derbyshire born and bred. Supposed to be enemies, but I'll let it go in his case :) .

Legend.

18. teekc Gems: 23/31

2006 NBA draft, last pick of all, will blalock from :banana: ISU! :banana:

19. Gnarfflinger

Detroit Red Wings captain Steve Yzerman announced his retirement today. It's really no surprise, but he will be missed. 22 years, all with the Detroit Red Wings, 198 of them as team captain. Yeah, I bleed Blue and white, but my hat is off to Stevie Y...

20. Barmy Army

Media:
    Robert 'fat boy' Key is knocking the Pakistani's around a bit in the 1st warm up match! Go KFC boy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.