1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Felinoid, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

A bit like your rugby team then. Luckily, your soccer team is winning.

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    For now, but I'm predicting a quarter final exit, but don't tell anyone I have to keep an optimistic exterior...

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

But you've got Mahmood and Darymple. How can you lose?

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Well, the Carolina Hurricanes have won the Stanley cup. Yet another year that Canada doesn't bring home the cup...

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Congratulations to the Miami Heat. Wade looked awesome. Can't wait for all the "next MJ" columns tomorrow.

6. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

At least Canada was represented in the last two Stanley Cup finals.... too bad both times they went down to a hockey franchise in the southern states. Bleh

I think Ottawa or Montreal will represent Canada next NHL finals. Toronto is rebuilding, Calgary and Edmonton will be around but need some luck to get past the Detriots and Dallas's in the west. Depending on what Vancouver does this summer with resigning their entire first line (Sedins and Carter), Jovo, and how their new coach performs... they'll be at either the rebuilding stage, or at the same luck-dependent stage as their western counterparts.

[ June 23, 2006, 00:42: Message edited by: Blog ]

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Personally I would not care to make any predictions about who will do well next year - the level of parity in the NHL these days is high enough that just about any team could win the cup. Heck, a team that barely made it into the playoffs managed to come within one win of the Stanley Cup this year.

8. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well the kid in #47 just beat the old man in #22.

9. Harbourboy

Hmm, the All Blacks v Argentina test will be screened at 11:30am. Feels like an odd time to be watching sport.

10. Gnarfflinger

And Edmonton and Carolina both have 9 UFA's on them. Both could be very different come September...

Both teams missed the playoff in 2004...

11. Harbourboy

Another new player in the England team for the Sri Lanka game. Who is this Loudon character?

12. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Our Cricket team is ****ed. :bang: :coffee:

13. Barmy Army

Media:
    Loudon is a so-called spinning all-rounder. The problem is, he can't bat or bowl to a high level.

He's played for England before. We're just a bit thin on the ground with the injuries at the minute.

14. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

We need another World Cup thread...

15. Gnarfflinger

The NHL had their entry draft today (finishes tomorrow). I'm surprised that St. Louis tool Eric Johnson. I thought they'd take the flashy Phil Kessel, the Messier like Johnathan Toews (pronounced Taves), or Jordan Staal (brother of Hurricanes Eric Staal).

Meanwhile, John Fergusson Jr. should be fired, horsewhipped or shot. He traded off one of our top prospects for a guy that had one good year then couldn't keep a number one job on a team that was 26th in the league.

16. Harbourboy

Argentina played pretty well against the All Blacks today and could have won if they'd managed to convert any of the last minute possession into points. Plenty for the ABs to ponder ahead of the first Tri-Nations clash with the Wallabies.

17. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Where is Argentina in 'rankings' compared to All Blacks, Wallabies and the others?
    A year or two ago I remember that they were considered about 5 or 6 behind them...

18. Barmy Army

Media:
    England's cricket team would lose to New Zealand right now - we are that bad!

I would love to know the England players batting and bowling averages since the Ashes...
    I would be very much surprised if one English batsman has averaged over 40 since then.

19. Harbourboy

Not sure where Argentina is on the world rankings. They have definitely beaten most of the big teams at home in the last couple of years (except the ABs, who hardly ever lose, except at the World Cup) but I would say they rank behind NZ, Australia, South Africa, France, and Ireland at least. They'd probably give the current England team a good run for their money.

20. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@ Gnarfflinger - Well, I was not surprised about Eric Johnson being picked first (he was pretty much unanimously agreed to be the best out there in this draft) but I most certainly agree about Raycroft. I would have been happy to see the Leafs get Gerber or Giguere but getting Raycroft does not inspire me with confidence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.