1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Felinoid, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Tonked in the rugby again. It's embarassing.

Robinson out!

2. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I still can't believe the Twins got both Liriano and Nathan for AJ Perzinksy.

2 runs in 7 ip was an off night by Liriano's standards, but those 11 ks last night were quite impressive.

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Game 7 in the Stanley Cup final goes Monday night in Raleigh, NC. The Holy Grail of Hockey boils down to one game. All bets are off, but The Hurricanes can't like their chances going into the game, being embarrassed like they were tonight in Edmonton.

In other news, for the injuried to the Blue Jay's Pitching staff, the fact that they are so close to the top of the toughest division in the league is nothing short of amazing.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

England were completely hopeless against Australia. Where were your loose forwards? Do you have any?

5. Barmy Army

Media:
    We did have. Robinson has bowed to pressue and made changes, but made far too many and fixed things that were not broken. He's gone from playing a slow solidish but uninventive forwards game to trying to play running game players and leaking points like nobodies business. The man is clueless and needs turfing out.

We need Woodward back in to bring some stability back before the World Cup. We've go absolutely no chance of keeping out cup if we play like this. We'll get smashed every game.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, you're not even in the top 5 teams in the world at the moment.

7. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

da - vid ---- ha - sel - hof

8. Harbourboy

Woah, what a finish to the US Open. Both Mickelson and Montgomerie drop two shots in the home strait!

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

The big shock was Tiger missing the cut...

10. Harbourboy

Not really, given that he hasn't played much golf in the last few months.

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    2006 NBA most boneheaded play - Josh Howard calls the last timeout before the winning free throw instead of after it, depriving his team of the ability to take the ball out at half court. Smooth move.

12. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

i tell you. this is drama, this is not real sport. they are faking it. there is an undertable deal going on with dallas and miami. they wanted to take the it to game seven.

13. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Maybe Chris Webber is his idol.

14. Harbourboy

I wonder if anybody in Argentina will actually be watching the All Blacks v Argentina test this weekend. I would guess there is only sport that matters in that country this week.

15. Barmy Army

Media:
    There is only one sport that matters in that country at any time. RU is pretty much a minority sport in all but 3 countries. Australia and New Zealand and Wales.

16. Harbourboy

Rugby Union is probably a number two sport in Argentina. Those crowds go nuts, which is part of what mnakes it so hard to play over there.

17. Barmy Army

Media:
    Maybe you're right, but no sport will ever get close to the popularity of football over there. It's more a way of life than a sport. The same goes for most South American countries.

18. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Rugby does has lots of fans in Argentina; when Los Pumas started to get into the elite of world rugby, fans started to show all over; but is more 'centralized' in Buenos Aires, Santa Fe and Cordoba (provinces). Few years back, ESPN started to show regular league games almost every day (I hated to have to watch 'local' sports on an internaciona sports channel) so popularity of rugby rised a lot; but can't match football popularity, which these days is at the top because of the good games Argentina played at the World Cup. But be sure that lots of people will be very interested when team like All Blacks come down there.

By the way, congratulation to all Carolina Hurricanes fans out there; I wanted that a Canadian team win the Stanley Cup, but it's ok that a team that never won the cup get to rise the Stanley.

19. Harbourboy

England lose to Sri Lanka again. How did you manage to concede 319? That Mahmood guy got smashed!

20. Barmy Army

Media:
    We're ****. The Ashes was a flash in the pan and will we get crucified in November.

Back to cricketing mediocrity for England, ah well, it was good whilst it lasted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.