1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Felinoid, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Buffalo and Carolina Game 7 tonight! Should be a good one.

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Bargh! The Yankees might sweep the Tigers in 4 games... that would suck majorly. The Tigers have the best record in the game, they can't lose to an injury-riddled Yankee team...

We have injury problems: Wily Mo Pena is out for 2+ months with a broken hand bone that needs surgery, Mike Timlin is out for a week with a shoulder strain (our best middle reliever), Mike Lowell (deserves to go the the All Star Game, hes been great!) is out for a day or two with Hamstring, and Manny Ramirez is hurting. Not to mention that David Wells might be out forever. Blah. And Clemens signed with the Astros (22 million for a half year :rolleyes: ), so we are out of luck for help.

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Oilers vs Hurricanes for the Stanley Cup. I call Oilers in 6, and the Cup comes back to Canada.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Great batting by England....... Go Chaminda Vaas!

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    We've played like idiots in this last test.

We could do with Vaughny back, I'm not keen on Freddie's captaincy. He should have Monty on by now into that rough to the left-handers... The pitch looks 5 days old already.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Should be a good finish. Wouldn't want to be chasing more than 300 on that pitch with MM strolling in.

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    New ball now, Hoggy should clear them up with the shiny one. Panesar has done his job with the old ball. We'll end up chasing 250, which is a large 2nd inning total when you've got Muralitharan spinning you into next week. Bit nervous.

Novembers Ashes series is going to be hilarious. We're in for one hell of a beating.

8. Harbourboy

The target is already over 250. Don't forget how many runs the Sri Lanka tail got in the first innings. Plus, you know nothing about this Capugedera bloke as he is so new. He might be a legend.

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    We miss Harmy and Jonah in the bowling attack. Big time. A year or so ago, you could rely on our big 4 fast bowlers of Harmy, Freddie, Jonah and Hoggy clearing things up no problem. Teams rarely got above 200-250 in any innings. No longer.

Even Pietersen bowled a few overs earlier. Shocking.

10. Harbourboy

300 is approaching slowly....

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    Muralitharan - 8 for 70 from 30 overs. The guy is a freak.

12. Harbourboy

What a thrashing. You were cruising at 104-1!

13. Barmy Army

Media:
    Yeah, then the Murali show kicked into action ;) .

Our batting line-up is terrible, has been for the last 3 or 4 years but we've had the bowlers to bail us out. Injuries are costing us dear I'm afraid.

14. Harbourboy

One day, somebody will invent a way to stop fast bowlers getting injured all the time. Surely, it can't be that hard.

15. Gnarfflinger

Bad news for the Edmonton Oilers. First they lost Game 1 by a score of 5-4, and in the third period, goaltender Dwayne Roloson left the game with an apparent knee injury.

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

To have Roloson be injured and have his replacement misplay the puck behind his net and practically give Carolina the winning goal was a terrible ending to what had been up to that point a great game.

If Roloson is not able to play then Edmonton is probably finished. Conklin played one game on April 17th but has not played regularly since the beginning of March and Markannen has not played at all since March 1st. The odds of either of the two of them stepping up to the level needed to win the cup after having not played for so long is mind bogglingly small.

17. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Poor Edmonton... such a great start to the game, recovered from the collapse to tie the game, looked like things were looking alright, and then the goalie goes down and the back up goofs up.

I wonder what the Edmonton newspapers are saying about Conklin.

18. Gnarfflinger

wwe.com reported that John Tenta, aka the Earthquake has passed away. I'd heard that he had cancer a few years ago, but nothing more about him...

19. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Ouch! Djibril Cissé broke his leg (shinbone and fibula) in the 'friendly' match against China last night; I can't remember but he broke his leg playing against Blackburn in 2004, right? Man that's gotta hurt...

20. Harbourboy

Oh, almost a great win for Ireland over the All Blacks, but luckily the All Blacks came through with the points in the last quarter of an hour. All Blacks looked pretty rusty without Dan Carter though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.