1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Felinoid, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Baseball has started! Yay! Go Red Sox! We should win this year!!! Oh wait, no, we aren't, because we suck. Bleargh.

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

**** me! Middlesborough 4-1 Basle :eek: (4-3 aggregate)! I thought they were out after the first leg, tbh. When the first goal went in, I expected a rout. Shows what I know! :lol:

Good to see another team flying the flag for the Premiership in Europe... and one with some English players, too! Bonus. :shake:

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Good going Boro!

I just hope this doesn't mean that McClaren is any closer to getting the England job. I think I'd cry if that tool got in charge.

Good achievement though this, for sure

5. Saber

*Sigh* And the injuries begin... Coco Crisp with a broken finger (now on the DL), Trot Nixon with a strained groin... our plague beings... on a better note, we've won 6 of our first 7 games! Yay!

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Oh my, the Toronto Maple Leafs are really dragging things out to the wire. They just scraped out a 6-5 overtime win to keep their playoff hopes marginally alive. It is pretty much inevitable that they will not make the playoffs but it has been a valiant effort over the last couple weeks. It is just a shame that they didn't play like this during January.

Matts Sundin managed four goals and two assists in the game - I can't remember the last time he put up those kind of numbers. If he had played the entire season like he has been playing lately the Leafs wouldn't be on the brink of an early summer vacation.

7. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well, better to surge in the end and challenge for a playoff spot than to slump down the stretch and struggle for a playoff spot... like the Vancouver Canucks. I get the feeling that even if they squeak in, they will lose quickly in the first round.

8. Saber

Bleah, David Wells sucks. He is awful, and deserves every Boo he got. Pah, why we haven't traded him (even a highschool chess player would be better), I'll never know.

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

JSBB: Yeah, it's really sweet. Matt Stajan had 2 goals tonight against the Islanders to win another one. If the Thrashers blow one game, and the Lightning continue there collapse, the Leafs may end up in the playoffs. How many Senator's fans are dreading that?

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Given that the Senators have completely demolished the Leafs this season they may want the Leafs to make the playoffs. Tonights game between the Leafs and Senators should be interesting to watch.

11. Gnarfflinger

5-1 leafs, and yes, what I did get to watch was great. Unfortunately, the Lightning won, eliminating the Leafs. I need a new Bandwagon to jump on. I'll probably look at the matchups on Wednesday to decide...

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I suppose it was to be expected that there would be a let down after they were eliminated but the Leafs were absolutely terrible today. Given the back to back blow out losses to Montreal and this 6-0 fiasco I think that Tellqvist's days in Toronto are numbered.

Personally I would place a fair sized portion of the blame for those three games on the rest of the team but unfortunately for Tellqvist all people are going to remember is that he blew the two big games, Aubin came in and with him in net the Leafs took 18/20 points and then Tellqvist lost big time when he was put back in for another game.

13. Saber

ARGH! I hate Barry Bonds! Jeezus! We all know he took steroids (his trainer admitted to giving him them, Bonds admitted to recieving them, but claims he didn't know what they were :rolleyes: ), and yet he is still allowed to play... if he breaks the homerun record, or even gets to second, it will be a shame to all of baseball. How dare that ****er break a record made by talent? I have absolutly no respect for him or any of his supporters. He is a cheater and deserves to be kicked out of the game, banned from the Hall of Fame, and have all of his records erased. **** that dickhead.

14. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Barca will win :D

15. Gnarfflinger

I think that Tellqvist will likely be a backup to Aubin next year. I say Aubin has earned a serious shot at the number 1 job, and Tellqvist would be a decent backup, playing 25 to 30 games over the year.

I read one Sun article that suggested that if the Leafs got a front line Sniper and a number 3 defenceman (after re-signing McCabe), they could be back in the playoff next year. And they could have some big money to shop at the deadline if they want a rental...

16. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Yay! Barca won :D

17. Barmy Army

Media:
    Just.
    I can't believe Gilardinho didn't manage to get at least one.

Good goal by Julie though. Ronaldinho is really something else, what a pass that was.

18. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    He is one of those players that are in a class of their own. I hope that no one will foul him so bad that his days are over.

(for the americans: If he played in the NBA it would be a Micheal Jordan)

19. Barmy Army

Media:
    Jason Gillespie 201 n/o wtf :lol:

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Madness! I didn't even realise he had made it back in the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.