1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Felinoid, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@ Harbourboy - the Canadian men's hockey team was eliminated in the quarterfinals. They were shut out in that game, just like they were in two of the five opening round games.

On the plus side, so far so good for the Canadian men's curling team. After trading deuces in the first two ends Canada stole one in each of the third and fourth ends and Finland had to settle for one in the fifth so Canada is up by one after five and they have the hammer.

:hmm: I wonder how many people's reaction will be WFT? after reading that last sentance. :lol:

Holy Sh*t! The Canadians just managed to score six in the sixth end to bring the score up to 10-3! Sorry Arabwel but I think the Canadians have just about wrapped this one up.

Edit: Yeah, its official now. Canada wins 10-4.

[ February 24, 2006, 19:52: Message edited by: JSBB ]

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    The Netherlands earned two medals in this days 10 km race, gold for Bob de Jong and bronze for Carl Verheien. Yay :D What's next?

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I wanted the Georginian woman to win :( She was a great skater. In Vancouver, she is going to kick ass, I'll tell you that. She'll beat Sasha, Kimmie, and Emily, methinks.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Nathan Astle, you beauty! 118 not out from 126 balls; what a fantastic innings. 18 runs off the last 3 balls of the innings. Go the Black Caps!

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Grrrrrr.

Oh well, I am looking forward to the Ice Hockey final - Finland vs. Sweden games are ALWAYS awsome but this? this is going to be magical.

7. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

All I have to say right now is congratulations to Clara Hughes and Cindy Klassen for their gold and bronze medals, respectively, in the women's 5000m speed skating final.

That was a beautiful thing to see. Hughes now having won medals in both Summer and Winter Olympics, and Klassen winning a whopping five medals in a single Olympics. I believe that's a Canadian record. :hippy: :banana:

8. Saber

Apollo won gold! Yes! Unfortunately, my cable kept freezing, so I missed it, but he still won gold! Apollo is the man.

9. Arabwel

Media:
    Such abyssmal performance from us thus far....

Edit: `sigh*

I refuse to admit taht Sweden exists.

[ February 26, 2006, 16:15: Message edited by: Arabwel ]

10. Saber

Ara, who is 'us'? Are you from Sweden, or just pissed because they might have beaten you guys?

11. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Saber Ara's from Finland does that help? :)

12. Arabwel

Media:
    Yes, I am from Finland, situated right between Russia and Norway :p

13. Blog Gems: 23/31

Wow, Canada finished 3rd overall in the medal standings! That's quite a surprise.

Hopefully the success will carry over to 2010 Olympics... without losing momentum from the Summer games in between, in which I doubt Canada will be anywhere near the top countries.

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I'm kinda sad that Derric Para didn't win anything this year. He works at a local Home Depot, and I met him soon after the 2002 olimpics.

Neat guy. :thumb:

Yay, only two more years 'till the better of the two olmpics! Go US Swim Team! :bigeyes:

15. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Germany got thrashed by Italy tonight, 4-1. I think Klinnsmann has some reason to get worried now.

16. teekc Gems: 23/31

DIE Chelsea DIE

17. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Pac Man, since that was without Totti, I'm still in the thoughts that he shouldn't be allowed near the World Cup. =D

Also, Sweden got heavily trashed by Ireland who missed the WC, 3-0.

18. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    England scraped a win against Uruguay, sscoring the winner in injury-time.
    To be fair though, we had most of the game and would have won 5-1 but for better finishing - we missed Owen amd Lampard. Doesn't matter though, it was only a friendly.

Their goal was a cracker mind, see it if you get the chance.

19. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

We also had a bit of a lame friendly against Ecuador, which finished third in South America, so i expected quite a bit from those guys. I wasn't impressed though, and we played without a handful of starters. 1-0 victory for us, but it could and should have been 4-0 or even 5-0. But like Barmy said, it's only a friendly, not that important. But even though friendly's may not be important, i think teams like Sweden, France, and Germany have a lot of reasons to start being a little concerned.

20. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Pac Man, France will get past the group stage, cause they had luck(the only thing that gets them somewhere in Football) and got an easy group.

After that, they'll be out in the first game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.