1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Felinoid, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

21-10 Steelers. Woo-hoo! :banana:
    The Seahawks just screwed themselves over in so many ways, you gotta wonder what Holmgren and Hasslebeck were smoking before the game. This was an undeniably great game, with momentum swinging back and forth, surprises at every corner. And to top it off, this could be an incredible end to Jerome Bettis's carrer.

Next year, hopefully the Packers can do the same for Favre. GO PACKERS!

2. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

4 days till Olimpic Games :D

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Ice Hockey :D

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

5. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

They play cricket at the winter olympics HB? How did I miss that :grin:

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Where's my dang Olympic coverage?!? :flaming: I'm stuck watching everything on the French channel again! At least I can totally tune out the commentators. :p

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Woah! Australia were 10-3 in the 2nd final vs Sri Lanka and ended up getting 368! Unreal! Symonds and Ponting went nuts. Looks like we'll be going to game 3. No way on this planet can Sri Lanka score 369.

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Murali went for 99 from 10 overs :o .

9. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I have no time to watch the Olimpic Games :(

10. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

After two days, Norway has 7 medals. Russia, USA, Netherlands and Italy are the runners up with 3... :D

11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Apollo is out of the short speed skating :( He hit his hand on someone elses skate, hit a block, and fell from second (which would have qualified for the finals) to fifth. Someone got disqualified, but he still only got 4th. He is definately one of the best, he just had a little bit of bad luck.

And the frenchman winning men's downhill, wow! He was great! He won by .74 seconds, the largest victory since 1964!

12. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Women's hockey round robins, what a joke. At least for the teams up against Canada.

Canada 16 Italy 0
    Canada 12 Russia 0

Even though I am Canadian, I was disappointed by the lack of competition. I have to admit, it was getting to the stage where I was hoping that Italy or Russia would get a goal.

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yeah, women's hockey is pretty much a two country event. It was kind of sad how badly outclassed the Russian's were. The Canadians seemed to be able to steal the puck away from the Russians at will and proceeded to pass and skate circles around the Russians. Italy doing that poorly was a given - this is a textbook case as to why the host country automatically getting a team is kind of dumb.

I have heard suggestions that they should have just had Canada play the U.S. for the Gold/Silver and let everone else play a seperate set of games for the bronze. I have heard that Italy's goal against Canada was to lose by less than 20 goals so I guess they can say that they achieved what they set out to do.

What I find amusing is everyone complaining that the Canadian women's team scored too many goals and that this was unsportsmanlike. Maybe these people would be happy if Canada had sent out only three skaters for the second and third periods.

I would say that would be even more insulting but I guess that is just me. Given that home ice advantage for the gold medal game against the U.S. will be decided by which team has scored the most goals I am quite happy with Canada driving the score up.

Edit: Well, Sweden just took down Italy 11-0. It will be interesting to see how the Italy/Russia game goes. I imagine that Italy would be happy if they were able to score a single goal.

[ February 13, 2006, 18:23: Message edited by: JSBB ]

14. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'm not complaining about the number of goals, I figure, if they get the chance to score a goal, go for it. It was the lack of competition that surprised me. Let's see what the Canada/Sweden game is like tomorrow.

15. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Canada/Sweden should be a little more even but the USA is the only real competition.

Personally, I am a little upset that none of the stations here are airing the Italy/Russia game. For some reason watching the two worst teams battle it out has some sort of twisted appeal to me.

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...so whats the current medal holdings?

I know that the US has several Gold medals now, but does anyone know what the current rankings are?

GO USA! :thumb: :rolling:

17. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Well, Medal count, updated hourly.
    Eurosports is dedicated to the Olympics all day long, but they air just 'popular' events, we couldn't watch any hockey game yet, even tho I kind like to watch almost everything, I would like to watch another things that just biathlon, bobsleigh and snowboard. Also, they fill times with just 'mission Torino' interviews instead of replays of games or other events.

18. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Well, the first period was relatively competitive but as expected Canada ended up demolishing Sweden in women's hockey. Final score was 8-1 with Sweden's goal coming on a powerplay. As the game went on Sweden's two good lines just couldn't keep up with Canada's four good lines. I think I heard that one of the Swedish players had her first shift with less than three minutes left to go in the game - I'm sorry but playing only your best players in order to be competitive against a team using all of its players is a recipe for disaster as time goes on.

One thing that I was happy about was that Italy actually managed to score against Russia. The final score was 5-1 for Russia. Italy needed a two woman advantage to get their goal but it was nice that the host team can say that they were not completely shut out during the tournament.

Oh and here is the official Olympic site. It has a pretty good constantly updated section for the medal count and results of each event.

19. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    What, does this mean that NBC's coverage doesn't completely suck? They've got programming on three different networks and so far we've been very happy with the range of events we've watched. Of course the covereage is far too broken up with commercials, but that's that the DVR is for :thumb:

20. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Anyone else pumped up for curling? Anyone know when it starts!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.