1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post 2

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hmm, Tellqvist had a really good game tonight. Wouldn't it be funny (and sad considering that the Leafs gave up Rask) if Aubin and Tellqvist play Raycroft out of a job before the season starts.

Oh and I wouldn't say that this win over Ottawa was anything to get the Toronto hopes up. Gerber shut them out. It was only after Ottawa switched goalies and brought in a minor leaguer that the Leafs managed to score.

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Honestly, I still think Raycroft was a mistake. They could have had Anson Carter.

I'm going to start a training camp report thread for those that are interested...

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    No it's not at all. Especially for teams from the lower leagues.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Bring back the Milk Cup!

6. Gnarfflinger

I guess things are a zoo in New York. Admitted steroid user Jason Giambi is ripping on Alex Rodrigues, claiming that he's got an ego problem and doesn't do enough. A-rod is putting up better numbers than Giambi, and it's not his fault if George Steinbrenner has mor money than brains. Maybe he's bitching because A-rod hasn't been caught taking steroids...

7. Harbourboy

Mark Boucher scores a whirlwind century as South Africa rack up 417 in a one dayer. Oh, it's only Zimbabwe.....

8. Harbourboy

Woohoo! North Harbour wins the Ranfurly Shield for the first time ever! Beat Canterbury 21-17 but had to hold on grimly in the final ten minutes.

For anyone who is interested, the Ranfurly Shield is the most coveted trophy in New Zealand rugby, being played for on a challenge basis. In other words, if you beat the holder on their ground, you take it. So it is played in parallel with the normal competition, but is more exciting because any team has a chance of getting it. But my team, North Harbour has been cursed for years in that they have always lost the plot whenever challenging for the Shield.

Yay!!!!!! It feels like I have been waiting all my life for this. That's one more sporting moment ticked of my list. Next on the list: New Zealand to win the Cricket World Cup!

9. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Nice one mate ;)

And congrats on passing the big 10k posts :lol:

10. Harbourboy

The 10k is nothing compared to the glory of living in Shield country. Better enjoy it while it lasts - we're bound to lose our next home game and say bye-bye to the Shield.

Oh, that's right, no more home games this season! That means we keep the Shield until next year! Bring on the Summer of the Shield!

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ha, the Toronto Blue Jays just beat the Boston Red Sox to move into second place in their division. I guess it is kind of meaningless at this point as both teams can not make the playoffs but it would be nice to end up second instead of third like they have for the last twelve years or so.

12. Gnarfflinger

The situation was discussed on Off the Record (a sports talk show on TSN, a Canadian sports channel). The conclusion was that it takes more than $70 million to compete in the AL East. The Bluejays still think they can do it on less than $140 million that the Red Sox spend...

13. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Hey everyone, I meant to post this on Sunday but got distracted by other family festivities.

My son's youth league American football team won their second game. They are now 2 - 2. My son scored a touchdown by running the ball 60 yards on a quarterback sneak in the first 2 minutes of the game.

14. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

@Wiley woohoo good for him, look forward to seeing him in the NFL :lol:

15. Wiley One Gems: 8/31

@ DS
    I'll pass on your comments to him. He'll love it. I don't know if I will look that far into the future but one can always hope.

/thinks to self "Big house, nice car, swimming pool,.....

16. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Wohoo! My favorite Swedish football team, IF Elfsborg, is now in the first place of the league with only six games to go. That might not sound special to you guys, considering that the Swedish league is nothing to boast about, but they haven't won since 1967, and in the last twenty years their highest table position after the season had ended have been number five, and the only namesake player they have on the international field is Anders Svensson, that some of you, especially those of you from Argentina or England, may remember.

Now, it looks like they're gonna take the gold! If they do, this is officially the best football year ever. First the Italian gold, now this!

17. Gnarfflinger

Tried to do a Fantasy Hockey draft, but because I didn't have the right Java plug in thing, I was stuck with the defaults. Neither of my goalies are number 1 on their team...

18. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

WOHOO! Won the first game this season with my basketball team. We won by 1 point in overtime!

19. Wiley One Gems: 8/31

My son's football team lost again this weekend. They are currently 2 - 3.

He played like a champ (no missed handoffs or pitches, no fumbles and no sacks) and tried his best to get his team fired up. There was just no energy on the offensive line, couldn't hold a block to save their lives. The coach stated that practice for the offensive line was going to be very rough this week.

The defense played tough and held the opposition to one TD in OT. My son even played both ways to assist the defense. (he is the starting QB)

20. Gnarfflinger

The Leafs lost their season opener to the Ottawa Senators. Martin Gerber stood on his head that game. While they say that Raycroft couldn't be faulted for the goals, he didn't steal us the game.

I hope that the result is better tomorrow night, or this can be a long winter...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.