1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post 2

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I thought the Springboks were going to win from the early play, they were pretty much in control and seemed to have found a way to keep Carter quiet in open play. But eventually the All Blacks just just took a grip of the game and went away with it.

They're shoe ins for the World Cup, surely...

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Springboks were mostly clueless. They didn't seem to have any tactics. We made all sorts of mistakes but they hardly ever capitalised on them. But we've had at least 5 major injuries out of that game so it'll be a pretty makeshift lineup that fronts up for the next game.

15 wins in a row for the All Blacks though.

3. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

It's the last game we use the rotation policy I think.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Forced rotation this time, with all the injuries. Poor old Richie McCaw is going to have back up yet again. That guy might as well just stand in a boxing ring and let people hit him. It'd be easier than going out on to the field and would save a lot of time.

5. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Haha Richie is a machine. He is just so fit it's unbelievable.

6. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

[​IMG] Unbelievable, we won U.S.A. in the semi-final of world basketball championship in Japan. If we win Spain in the final we will be the reigning european champions in football and basketball and world champions in basketball simultanouesly. Not bad for a country of 11 millions :D .

7. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Hellas rules supreme. :thumb:

8. Barmy Army

Media:
    West Ham signed Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano. How the Hell have they managed that?!

9. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

My son plays in a local American Football league for kids ages 6-12. We signed him up at his own request. My wife and I are enjoying watching him play but are getting concerned with some of the other parents.

Many of these people act as if their children are playing for professional sports teams and will be pulling down a million dollars any day now. Some of the fathers in particular are trying to relive their childhoods through their children, I believe. Talking with most of them I have found they never even played the game themselves. :confused:

Funnier still is the mothers who coach the cheerleaders. I have watched them fight like their daughters were beauty pagent queens. It is truly frightening. :mommy:

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It was nice to see that Agassi tough it out for the win last night when just about everyone was predicting that he would lose and retire.

I was surprised last night to see Eric Hinske playing for the Red Sox. I had to check the net to find out that the Jays gave Hinske and cash to the Red Sox for future considerations while I was away on vacation. I guess there isn't any more definitive way of letting everyone know that you have thrown in the towel than that.

On the hockey front I was also kind of surprised to see that Anson Carter is still unsigned. It seems to me that most teams have pretty much spent all of their salary cap room so you have to wonder if Anson is going to end up signing for a much lower than originally expected salary. The Leafs could really use him to give Sundin a scoring winger to play with.

11. Harbourboy

People think Agassi is old? I just noticed that Martina Navratilova is playing in the Open! I thought she retired centuries ago. She's 49! Amazing. Agassi is a spring chicken next to her.

12. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

JSBB: I think that Ponikarovsky will step up and be that powerforward and Wellwood will emerge as the playmaker to compliment Mats Sundin as the Sniper.

I think the Leafs will surprise a lot of people...

13. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

:eek: Jon Lester has cancer! This is terrible news (not regarding the team, it doesn't matter anyways, but regarding him). He is only 22 years old and "has been diagnosed with a treatable form of anaplastic large cell lymphoma and will begin treatment within the coming week." I am glad it is treatable, but this is pretty scary.

Apparently the success rates of the treatment for this cancer is from 50-70%, but because he is young and in prime health condition otherwise, it should be higher.

I hope he gets better...

14. Barmy Army

Media:
    Jonny Wilkinson back fit and in the points :) . C'mon Jonny, back to full fitness and sort that England side out!

(I'm taking bets on how long he will last before he gets injured again...)

15. Harbourboy

That's good news for world rugby. Quite frankly, England have been a joke without at least one talismanic player in the team. Jonny is the sort of player that people want to watch play.

In related news, the All Blacks went down to the first loss in 15 games over the weekend. 21-20 to the Springboks. Damned last minute penalty, but we really lost with another terrible lineout display. How hard is it to throw a ball directly to one of your players?

16. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Poor Rodney copping all the blame...

17. Harbourboy

Yeah, he made the high profile mistakes, but it wasn't him that was missing all that lineout ball.

18. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Exactly. It's been a long campaign anyhow, and I guess we had to lose at some point. I'm glad the rotation policy is through now. On another point, I'm not a big Aaron Mauger fan.

19. Harbourboy

At least the All Blacks never get thrashed. When they lose, it's usually by less than 10 points.

I guess you have to be happy with a season in which you win all your games except one, which you lose by 1 point.

Unless that game is a final.......

20. Barmy Army

Media:
    The All Blacks are by far the best team in the world if you ask me. They're skillful and play fast pasted rugby, but are not scared to rough it and get stuck in when other teams come and try and disrupt their style with hard hitting tactics.

I reckon England owt to adopt the Haka, that's what's gets the All Blacks up for it each time! :p

If you don't follow the sport or have never seen it, the Haka is what the All Blacks perform before each match to get themselves riled up. The Haka.

Don't dare disrespect it or they snap you in half ;) .

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.