1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post 2

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    That may be a function of how much you're willing to pay!

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

How dysfunctional is FIFA?

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It took 17 minutes to sell out the Jets (as I'll call them for now) season tickets after they were made available to the general public.

I think we'll be fiine in the NHL. :)

4. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Holland beat San Marino at a game of football yesterday.

For those who have never heard of San Marino: It's a state on the Italian peninsula with a population about as large as that of the cities Aalsmeer, Netherlands / Barnstaple, England / Vellinge, Sweden or (for those who never heard of these cities, either) Juneau, Alaska / Bethlehem, Palestina.

Ain't that great!
    Yay...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

5 days until the start of the rugby world cup!!!

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Who's your tip to win Harbs?

7. Harbourboy

I think that on current form there could be any number of teams that could win. That's the drama of sudden death knockout international competitions like this. The All Blacks are like Brazil in that they will usually be top seeds, but very beatable. I guess I am excited because it's not every day that the 3rd biggest international sports event in the world is held in my backyard, so there's just a huge party atmosphere here at the moment and loads of tourists starting to arrive.

I am definitely backing the All Blacks of course, but there are a few holes in our team and we've been beaten by the Wallabies and the Springboks in the last month, France are always capable of an upset, Ireland will be wanting to see O'Driscoll off in style, and England have the game plan that works in this format of rugby. So it's all on!

8. Barmy Army

Media:
    England have no chance mate. I think Argentina might even turn us over first up. But c'mon England, anyway!*

NZ should really be winning this one.

* Having said that, keep an eye out for Courtney Lawes. The guy is incredible.

9. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Just bought tickets to the Tonga vs France world cup match. Figured it would be a good enough match to see - it's not going to be like a New Zealand vs Japan match, where one side will get absolutely smashed - yet was still pretty cheap. Figured I had to get along to at least one, while it's here.

You got any tickets, Harb?

10. Harbourboy

The rugby world cup is underway. How awesome is this event? Easily the most massive thing that has ever happened here. This whole country is just going off! It's one huge party. Go the All Blacks!

---------- Added 23 hours, 53 minutes and 33 seconds later... ----------

And how bad are England's silly black jerseys? They are the wrong colour and the numbers are all falling off! Fail!

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    What a horrible game from England. We made that such hard work. Youngs made the difference when he came on. He should really have started. He adds extra dimensions to us and speeds things up. Not really happy about the old guard like Wilko and Stevey playing. We dont need them anymore. God Argentina are physical.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

12. Harbourboy

If i was Georgia, I'd be rating my chances after watching the shambles of England, Scotland, and Argentina.

13. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Silly Notre Dame.

14. Barmy Army

Media:
    With England, the performance seems irrelevant. It's basically, get the result and take it from there. By hook or by crook.

15. Harbourboy

Yep. That's what I meant in my earlier post. England's style of play is what you need to grind out a World Cup knockout game so that's why I would never write that team off.

16. Barmy Army

Media:
    Sheridan out for the remainder of the WC. That's a big loss.

17. Harbourboy

Injuries are always going to be a wildcard influence on a big tournament like this. Even more so for teams like Italy and Argentina who can ill afford to be without their best players. I am a bit nervous seeing Carter and McCaw on the injured list for the upcoming Japan game, along with Kieran Read, Muliaina, and Dagg. I hope they're only minor niggles.

18. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Winnipeg Jets play their first NHL game (and a home game to boot) in over 15 years tonight. It's only a pre-season game, but it's sold out, and it's going to be absolute pandemonium in the arena. I wish I was going, but at least I'll be able to catch it on TV (I hope).

19. Harbourboy

How awesome was that Irish win over Australia? Close to the best game ever.

20. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I am a huge fan of the New England Patriots and this was just emailed to me. This is edited footage of Vince Wilfork who is listed at 325 pounds (but nobody believes that) intercepting the ball and running with it. I must have laughed at this video for ten minutes. Enjoy

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.