1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post 2

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Ha, anyone watch the football friendlies last night? Serbia and Croatia peaking a tad late methinks. Good performance from England, could it be that they solved the Gerrard/Lampard riddle? It did help that the Greeks decided not to defend...

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I watched Germany vs Sweden. A 3-0 loss for us. Lagerbäck REALLY needs to shape up.

Oh, and anyone know how it went for Italy and who they faced? Can't find the results.

3. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The World Cup Champions lost 2 - 0 against Croatia. but hey, it was just a 'friendly' match ;)
    There you go. Next time, check there, scores from all over the world.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Oooh, another nail-biter, but the All Blacks beat the Wallabies 34 to 27 at Eden Park. Go the All Blacks!

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    We beat Greece 4-0, but I still wasn't completely impressed.

The boys in white just no longer feel the same pride and passion when they pull on the Three Lions shirt, and that makes me sad to be honest...

Overpaid, underworked, over-inflated ego'd idiots, the lots of 'em :p .

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

When do the basketball world champs start? Isn't it soon?

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    Haha, how did Harmy get 4 wickets today? He bowled like a Kiwi! Absolutely clueless, his line was allover the place, the amount of balls high and wide getting smacked for 4's, so infuriating, yet he still picks up a fourfer. Mad.

We've just got to play for the draw now. But it'll be tough to bat out 2 days :/

8. Harbourboy

What a debacle in that test match! Unheard of nonsense!

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    Comical mate. Just stupid. Immaturity, stubborness and stupidity on both sides. And you can bet now that the PCB nor the ICC will be prepared to back dowen on the stances they have made. What a mess.

10. Harbourboy

It's a complete mess. It could have stopped at so many points but somehow it has managed to become a huge nightmare. Both sides of the argument have to take the blame for this one.

I think even the England fans would rather have seen a proper finish (regardless of the result) than a win in such dumb circumstances.

11. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Shocking, the umpire is getting the blame too - for enforcing a pre-existing rule. Not to return to the field though, thats arrogance, there are proper methods to protest, and they all involve waiting to end the match. The Pakistan Cricket Board has told the ICC that they will not play any games in which Darrel Hair is umpiring.

12. Harbourboy

I can't believe that it was allowed to get so out of hand. How hard would it have been to resolve sensibly at the time? Not too hard at all.

13. Barmy Army

Media:
    I had to chuckle when Pakistan said they don't want Daryll Hair umpring any more matches that Pakistan are in. Yeah, like THAT'S going to happen. The ICC can't allow cricket biards to pick and choose which umpires will officiate a game.

Plus, Hair is being carrying the can about this big time. it wasn't just his choice, it takes 3 umpires to reach the decision of changing the ball, not just one.

Complete mess!

14. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Yes but Darryl Hair is getting flack for the autocratic way he handled the situation, before you actually penalise a team and change the ball, you are supposed to warn the fielding captain you suspect something. So the captain can sort it out, Hair at first refused to allow Inzamam to look at the ball in question, which he can't do either. Granted that Pakistan do have a track record for tampering, but hair also has a track record of appearing to be biased against teams from the Indian sub-continent.

As for the actual allegation, Hair can't point at who did it and that means that he has no proof and the penalty and ball-change should not have occurred when it did, it should have been a warning and if the ball changed further then it should have been replaced.

I also agree with HB that the situation should have been defused and resolved very quickly but apparently certain people, Inzamam, Hair and Khan were not prepared to compromise.

15. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Ajax..... :shake:

16. Harbourboy

As if cricket wasn't in enough strife with the whole business of India wanting to pretty much own the game and set up an elite league and only play England, Pakistan, and Australia. The whole structure of world cricket may be subject to upheaval over the next few years.

17. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

I just wished they'd bloody told us what was going on. We sat there for over two hours thinking it was bad light!

Question is, do I keep my ticket for posterity (and future saleability) or take the 40% refund?

More weirdness

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/5286690.stm

[ August 25, 2006, 17:30: Message edited by: Carcaroth ]

18. Barmy Army

Media:
    Cheeky little bleeder. He's made his position untenable now big time. Why did he try that one? He must know he's in the wrong somewhere...

19. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

All Blacks, 5th win in a row in the Tri-Nations. And to just think what we could do when we actually play well! :eek:

20. Harbourboy

Go the All Blacks. They haven't lost a game for ages. It's all being set up nicely for us to lose horribly in next year's World Cup semi-final.

How good was Dan Carter's 60m penalty, though? Awesome.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.