1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post 2

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    To this day, there's still a part of me that wishes there was a time machine I could use to go back to 1986 and tell Steve Smith not to put the puck in his own net during game 7 against Calgary. :(

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

These Goooooogle ads are pretty smart. It's come up with an advertisement for tickets to the 2007 Rugby World Cup. Perfectly targetted (if I could afford to go to France that is).

3. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Boy! Game of the fricking year so far! And to think we can still improve! Piri Weepu for halfback though. Not a big fan of crazy Byron.

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I wish I could go back to draft day to tell Ferguson not to trade for Raycroft because then he's have cap space left to sign Anson Carter to play with Mats Sundin...

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ian Bell hit an unbeaten 66 today and will carry on his wonderfully graceful carassing of the ball tomorrow, I bet he gets another ton :) .

Oh, by the way, since his recall to the England team he's scored 300 runs without being dismissed :) .

6. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I snapped my 5 wood today. Dug it in a bit too far and she broke. A pity, as it was by far my favourite club.
    On that note, I also stole a cup from in one of the holes. Had to get in there with some mutli grips, but I got it.

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    Yep, he reached his century, his third on the bounce against the worlds 2nd best test team.

All the Bell haters have crawled back under their rocks all of a sudden :lol: .

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmm, a few England bowlers made their centuries last night as well.....

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    Aye, bowled like tools. This match'll be a draw now I reckon, unless one team decides to actually go for it.

10. Harbourboy

Now HERE is some exciting and important sports news, hot off the press:

Unicyclist rides to gold

Monday August 7, 2006

Unicyclist Ken Looi has won New Zealand's first world championship gold medal at the Unicycle World Championships in Switzerland.

The Wellington man won the 43km marathon event, following up on silvers in the 10km road and cross-country races. More than 900 unicyclists from 26 countries competed at the 10-day competition.

Go New Zealand!

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

FOOTBALL!!! As I type, the Eagles are playing the Raiders in the Hall of Fame Game, meaning the start of preseason for the NFL is only a week away. It really snuck up on me, but I couldn't be happier. Well, I could probably be happier, but I don't think I could be more excited-twitchy. :banana: :banana: :banana:

12. Barmy Army

Media:
    Well, I guess you've got to win something outside of egg-shaped ball sports, Harbs ;) .

It's got to be said, Chris Read is the best glovesman we've had since Jack Russell (and probably better to be honest).

His average is also slowly creeping up. I'm really glad he's got another chance to prove himself in England colours.

[ August 07, 2006, 22:11: Message edited by: Barmy Army ]

13. SatansBedFellow Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well it was an outstanding match for all the new boys like Read, Panesar and Mahmood. Panesar has been especially impressive of late with some particularly sly bowling against Pakistan.

Yeah, Read and Panesar seem likely to hold their places ahead of Jones and Giles.

14. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I like this, we're missing 2 top-flight bowlers Flintoff and especially Jones (his reverse swing is well impressive), we've finally got an attacking spinner, kudos to Monty; taking these sort of wickets against batsmen well used to spin. Good win, good series win and still looking interesting for my trip to Oz in December/January. C'mon England.

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

It looks like the Blue Jays have fallen out of playoff contention. I guess that they still need to shore up their pitching...

16. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Talking of pitching the Mets is still looking a little flaky if they want to make the series and win. I think the rest of the team can carry them through to the pennant, but once we're up against the AL team, whichever colour Sox it is, we'll be crucified.

Still considering where we were just 2 years ago a fine season for the Mets... so far.

17. Harbourboy

What a crazy test match that was. Stupid inconsistent Pakistanis. Their batsmen just about all have averages over 45 but they still manage to have ridiculous collapses on regular occasions. Their bowlers are all hopeless though.

18. Barmy Army

Media:
    Credit where credit's due, Gaz. Monty bowled magnificently again. Did you see his dismissal of Younis Khan? What a delivery...

19. Harbourboy

Pakistan are the only team inconsistent enough to score 500 one day and 100 the next day. No other team wavers so far between brilliance and incompetence.

20. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Who watched tennis highlights last night? That between-the-legs, off the top of the net, passing shot down the line... shot was magnificent!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.