1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post 2

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

We'll swap you Vainikolo for Andrew Strauss who will never return to England after enjoying the idyllic life of domestic cricket in New Zealand. Just like the mighty Roger Twose.

3. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Gilchrist is playing his last test in Adelaide atm, he announced his retirement last night and made 14 in the 1st innings, which might be his last considering the way the game in playing out (tomorrow is the last day and India have just started their second innings and are 45/1; Australia have may not have the opportunity to bat a second innings). He'll be missed, but I suppose we have a more than competent replacement in Brad Haddin.

Australian fast bowler Mitchel Johnson, at time of writing, has a batting average of 104. He's currently playing in his 6th test match and has the highest batting average of any player to have played more than 5 tests.
    yay for statistics!!

[edit]well he got out (c Sharma b Singh), so the average is down to 56, but that's still pretty good for someone who was selected for his bowling.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The Lakers just traded Kwame Brown and Javaris Crittendon (plus cap filler and a couple of draft picks) to the Grizzlies for Pau Gasol and parts. The Grizz must be seriously looking for cap space and retooling to do this. The Lakers just got an instant temporary Andrew Bynum replacement at center, and a permanent second/third option at power forward (with Bynum also being the second/third option at center). This allows that loser Lamar Odom to have no pressure on him, which probably will mean he will be able to actually score a bit. Alternatively, the Lakers can trade him for someone with a heart.

5. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I love this trade - no more Kwame missing layups and fumbling passes, we get Gasol which makes Odom relegated to fourth option, which is good in all ways, even from his perspective.

Can you guys emagine the finals being Lakers vs. Boston? I don't think the ratings would be low on those games...

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Twenty 20 Cricket. You've got to love it.

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I was up at 6am to watch this game, on my day off. The sacrifices of a cricket fan, eh Harbs? England played well there. Any team is always going to struggle chasing down 184 in Twenty/20, but then we bowled well also. I'm glad Dimi is in the side.

8. Harbourboy

So why isn't he playing in the One Day team then? We've absolutely smashed you in the last two games, and you're not even playing the one guy who put the fear of the Queen into us in the Twenty 20!

Surely Mascarenhas is going to be better than Bopara?

9. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I can't believe we finally have successful back to back opening partnerships. The Ryder/McCullum combo looks bloody dangerous. Ryder seems to have that cool air about him and a lot of time to play his shots. Maybe in ten years he will become our version of Matty Hayden. Maybe. McCullum is just out of this world. That charging cover drive for four was simply astonishing, as was the charging pickup shot for six over mid-wicket. Some part of me wants him to settle down, but when he's playing like this, you can't really complain.

10. Harbourboy

Jessie Ryder is good for the game, because he has media appeal. Some players just attract attention and fans, no matter whether or not they are good.

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    What's up with our batsmen? The English cricket team is so bizarre.

12. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Bizarre is the word. So many runouts! When you have class batsmen like Cook and Pietersen however it won't take long before they're in the thick of the runscoring. I also have this feeling we're gonna get owned in the tests when Harmison and co arrive. Where the hell is Freddie Flintoff? England seriously need this guy like we need Jacob Oram.

13. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

The Detroit Red Wings (NHL) are 0-2 Lifetime when I am in attendance after Friday night's loss to the Solumbus Blue Jackets. I'm loving it!

14. Harbourboy

We'd better enjoy our dominance in the one day series while it lasts. England will wipe the floor with us in the test series. I can't see any Brendan "$875,000" McCullum heroics saving us in the test matches.

15. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Jesse Ryder out for 3 months trying to smash his way into a locked toilet.

16. Harbourboy

Jesse Ryder, you moron! They say he was 2mm away from ending his career.

17. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Yeah I know, what a meat axe! No wonder he never got picked! Still, it's always the larrikins in the team that have the x-factor: Shane Warne, Shoaib Akhtar, Andrew Flintoff...

18. Harbourboy

Woohoo! Great batting, Ross Taylor!

19. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I can't believe we won a test match!

20. Harbourboy

I can't believe we won so comprehensively! Go the Black Caps! Who needs Shane Bond?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.