1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post 2

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Well there have been demands to make the tour easier, which might help but I doubt it will completely remove the doping. Doping is not after all just about surviving the competition it's about cheating to beating the rest.

A shame really, the local news chanel says now that Soler Hernandez the current wearer of polka dots would have been caught of doping. I also really liked Vino, he was my favorite rider, not really surprised that he was doped though. I would be more surprised if he had not been doped. ;)

What I find extremely hypocritical is people like Armstrong and Merckx making comments about the current state of cycling. Considering that nearly all of Armstrongs main rivals have now been caught of doping (incidentally after his own retirement) there's not much doubt in my mind that he was guilty as the rest, I also think that people like Merckx used their fair amount of substances that today are doping but then were legal.

2. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Oh, boy. Is there anyone who is out of suspicion in the Tour de Drugs?

Anyway, for a slight digression, here there was little surprise with the new coach of the football team. The job went to Dimitar Penev, the guy who was in during the '94 world cup and the '96 European championship. As expected, people are already divided about him. Frankly, I would be a lot more impressed if he had any successes of note since, but right now I just hope we get to the finals in '08.

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Christian Preudhomme and Patrice Leclerc? :shake:

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    **** sport anyway

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

How's that England cricket team going then, Barmy? ;)

6. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Shaman, if they've been caught, they are no longer suspected...

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    Our batting was terrible again. 1 decent score in 2 innings from all your batsmen, that's going to lose you a test match!

I don't get it, they're all decent players.

8. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Some NHL games are going to be played in England to start the hockey season. Is it drawing much excitement over there?

[EDIT] I guess not... [/EDIT]

[ October 03, 2007, 06:45: Message edited by: Blog ]

9. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Congratulations Mr. Favre. Despite being a Vikings fan, this day has only further solidified in my mind that you are the greatest QB to have played the game of football (move aside Joe Naismith and Joe Montana).

10. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Yeah, The LA Kings won Saturday, placing them first overall in the NHL. Bet nobody saw that coming...

11. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Well, the Angels are facing the Red Sox in the first round of the playoffs. That'll be a tough series. I think that they're up for it, though. The Angels' bullpen has been pretty shaky of late. That's the main thing that worries me. Hope they knock 'em off quickly.

12. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Media:
    Uh, oh! The Angels lost last night. In fact they got shut down completely; they only got 4 hits. Hopefully they can beat 'em in the next game.

The National Leage playoffs are interesting. None of the usual suspects made it to the postseason. I'm sure the tv networks aren't happy about that, but I think it's cool. It's good to see some new blood in the playoffs.

13. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I caught some of the Cubs vs Padres games on TV. It almost seemed like a good number of the audience were cheering for the cursed Cubs even though they aren't the home team. Or maybe it's just tough to tell whether they're cheering for the defense or offense.

14. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Great soccerday yesterday. Two teams to the gruopstages, it's the first time - ever. Nice

15. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Media:
    Well, the Angels got swept by the Red Sox. Pretty ugly games. That's the way it goes. Now I just have to root against the Yankees.

16. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

w00t the Yanks are out! That along with the Steelers 21-0 performance over Seattle has made my week :)

17. Barmy Army

Media:
    Guwon the England! Historic series win in Sri Lanka for the England cricket team. Great result considering our more recent one day form.

18. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Media:
    The Rockies beat the Diamondbacks last night in game one of the NLCS. I hope the Rockies win the series. It would be cool to see them finally make it to the World Series. It's fun to see teams get there for the first time. I'd like to see a Cleveland vs Colorado World Series.

19. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

So, what's the reaction in England now that it seems they're out of EC 2008 with the loss against Russia?

20. Barmy Army

Media:
    Mostly anger. But we got just what we deserved from that game. Nothing.

I'm kind of glad we're probably not going to make the Euro's, it might bring down a few home truths to us, and get McClown the sack.

The Euro's will be much the poorer without us though, and the bartenders of Austria/Switzerland are probably more angry than we are...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.