1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random School/Work-Venting Post

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Iku-Turso, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Gah, I want to leave work, because I'm done for this week and only need to wrap up - but on that aforementioned feeble crap-top I now parse 13.500 XML files, while copying them to two other locations - and it .... is .... slow! :mad: Let me go home already, goddamit, darned piece-o-carp!

:flaming: :flaming: *@ۤ%&?*# GET FINISHED ALREADY ... OR ELSE! :mad: :smash: :mad:

2. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Applying for a construction job so I can make a lot more money before I get going to school again. Not sure I want it as I really enjoy my food service job and I'll have plenty to get by with that and the coaching. We'll see though.

Just wish I had more hours as life is really boring right now.

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Nothing more exciting than editing your documentary at 9am when you're sick.

We've only gotten through act 1 and a bit of act 2, and we need to whole thing (beginning, middle, end; doesn't need to be fully edited and beautiful, just the stuff we are going to use for each), and the thing is due tonight...

4. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

No coaching job.

I'm pretty pissed, the head coach had me convinced that it was a lock up, but he can't actually make that decision... and yeah. Bummer.

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Don't you feel so much better about having applied for the construction job now? :D

6. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    I think he's pissed because he was looking forward to seeing a many girls bouncing up and down a lot.... :lol:

7. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

That team has some pretty weak racks, so no :p

The construction job is apparently incredibly boring, but hey... never mind, I don't have a way to make me feel better about it.

8. Saber

Trying to write a paper... but having major problems because I ingested a kilogram's worth of sugar in the last 2 hours... freakin' out man.

The shnozberries taste like shnozberries...

9. Triactus

Media:
    Ok, you need to lie down in a tub full of cold water! STAT! Oh no, wait, that's for heroin... I get my addictions all mixed up... :p

10. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Saber: Try salt. Usually works for my sugar overloads. (on a completely irrational basis). Sour food might work too. Any taste engaging enough to kill off the sugar.

I might have scheduled too many activities for myself for the following, oh... 10 months. Hopefully the Sloth will stick to his area of expertise and let the Lady dish out damage.

11. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Go for a run, Saber. Physical activity will help get it out of your system. And as a side effect, will oxygenate your brain more, helping you think clearer ;)

12. Saber

Too late for the advice men! The Paper is in, hopefully it passes for more-than-a-piece-of-sugar-induced-****.

Thanks for the advice though, next time (read: tomorrow) I have too much sugar, salt, baths, and exercise it is!

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    S***, damn, and crap!!! My work found a few more ways to screw me over! :bang:

They reinstated tuition reimbursement for employees who want in, and they "updated" the rules. For programs costing over $50,000 (that's me), we have to stay with the company for 2 additional years after we graduate. It used to only be 1 year. Also, if you leave the company before your 2 years is up, you have to pay 100% back to the company...and it's due on your last day of employment! That rule used to be that you only had to pay them back for that last year you went to school.

14. Saber

What the ****? Dude, that blows... can you not get 'grandfathered' into the old program? Or does that apply to everyone?

15. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I don't know the law in the States but here in Denmark that would be a "significant" change to your employment contract - your employer has de facto terminated your old contract (i.e., fired you) and demanded that you sign a new contract if you want to stay with the company. So if you *really* want out, you could refuse to accept the new rules and claim that the company has fired you! Unless they want to keep you with the old rules, that is.

(Only do this if you want to leave the company! And if you're sure of your legal footing.)

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Damnit! I was about to go out on break and right as I reach the end of my bay, one of my machines went "boom" and now I have to stay and fix it before I can go to break. :bang:

I'm currently waiting for it to purge all the acids so I can open it up, which takes 15 minutes...all the while I'm starving and I'm doing the "Pee Pee Dance"...so yeah. Halloween isn't off to a great start for me. :mad:

---------- Added 2 hours, 12 minutes and 26 seconds later... ----------

The new rule applies to everyone in the tuition assistance program... :bad:

The program is not required as part of our jobs and I entered the tuition assistance program on my own free will, so they can screw with that program all they want. :wail:
    It was supposed to be a "perk" of working here but now it's a trap! :grr:

17. Triactus

Media:
    Yes, like Han in Empire strikes back... Don't despair, Luke will be there to rescue you in the next installment... :tie:

Saber likes this.
  18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Kit's story reminded me of The Empire Strikes Back as well. "This deal keeps getting worse!" :borg:

Saber likes this.
  19. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] There are sixteen people roughly in a class - for this group project we are in groups of four and I have found the WORST GROUP POSSIBLE that I was put into.

Two people in the group don't know what we're doing despite it being the fourth week. One won't even talk to me, the other doesn't see why he should attend classes (wat?) the fourth person nobody has ever seen. The third? Well, he's done all the work and refuses to share it. Seriously.

He thinks he is going to get all the marks for the project because he did all the work - despite the fact we are marked on how we work as a group and how we divide work. The whole module is about learning to work with other people and keeping in contact as it was one of the main things companies said was underfocused in university computing degrees.

He is seriously refusing to send me the work and I just don't understand it. He's now just gone to simply ignoring me and everything that's written on the bloody MyCourse site which has information on each week as well as the unit handbook that EVERYONE is given in the first week anyway.

Looks like I'm going to fail from sheer idiocy once again at this rate! I failed this unit last year because people didn't credit me properly for work when I was off ill or told me to do the wrong things. I'm getting seriously sick of it.

20. Saber

Stupid people reserving the lab I need to finish my project in. Instead of having 6 hours to work, now I have to do it all in the 2 hours I have free right before class...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.