1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random School/Work-Venting Post

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Iku-Turso, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Am I working on Monday? I don't know.

When will I find out? 8am, Monday morning.

Grr.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Damn it all! My job is requiring me to go to New Orleans in November. Just when the weather is getting cold here in Chicago, I'm going to have to pack my short sleeve shirts for a few days, eat extremely fatty foods, and drink heavily on Bourbon Street (which, coincidentally has my favorite beer on tap -- Dixie Blackened Voodoo). Add to that the cost of beads ... damn, DAMN, DAMN!

:p

:beer:

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I read this post just after talking about the wife and I being in Baby jail for the next 2 yrs. You suck T2!! I'm very jealous. :p

4. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] T2, I feel so very sorry for you! Please let me know if there is anything I can do, like taking your place in NO while you stay safe and warm in Chicago. :p

No? Ah well... :D

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

My students are driving me crazy! I want them all to be beaten within an inch of their lives!

Where is this "chill pill" of which people speak?

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

What age group do you teach, LKD?

7. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

ADULT immigrants who have the mentality of 7 year olds. Well, not all of them, but some of them, it boggles my mind that they actually are married and have kids.

8. Saber

What are you teaching them?

Just threaten to fail them, which (in some cases, perhaps) may force them to return to their country.

9. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

ESL. Canada doesn't have the guts to deport serial rapists, so I doubt they will deport someone for not being able to put together a coherent sentence. Some of these people have been here for over 15 godd***** years! Seriously, WTF is wrong with these people?

10. Saber

Hmmm. I suggest giving them their assignments in rapidfire english, and if they don't understand, say, "Too bad, you guys don't behave and can't figure out what I'm saying, you will fail this class."

Or maybe I'm the only person who is afraid of failing haha.

Are they paying for the class?

11. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

NO! That also pisses me off -- they are NOT paying for the class, the government is paying THEM to be here -- I <poop> you not, my friend. That's what pisses me off so much -- they are getting a huge leg up from the average taxpayer, and all they do is ***** and moan about how they don't get enough $$ to pay for their 6 effing kids that they should have effing well known they couldn't afford. Absolutely zero sense of personal responsibility.

Some of them are awesome, don't get me wrong. I've got a highly trained university educated vetrinarian who is not too proud to work at Wendy's while improving his English. I've got former small business owners who just want to improve. They work hard and try their best.

But it's the filth who have every excuse in the book for why they can't get off their oversized asses and get a job.

"I might have to serve pork"

"I might have to cut a man's hair"

"The job doesn't guarantee Saturdays off"

"I can't take direction from a female supervisor"

"It takes too long (1.5 hours) to ride the bus to the job"

"I can't find another Muslim to watch my kids, and I can't put them in a non-Muslim daycare"

No effort at all to overcome their problems, just *****ing about how the government should do more to help them -- people who have never contributed a red cent to the general weal of Canada.

AAAAAAGGGHHHHHH!

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I have found out that I only really start use my private computer's CPU Intel Quad 9450 and 4GB DDR-2 RAM when I do a lot of file operations. Searching and replacing a 30+ entry list over smallish 13.000 XML files eventually used about 60 percent of my RAM, and two of my cores to 85%, and the others to 30%. Oh, and I had Winamp and Firefox on, and an editor, and then some more.

I'd need that raw calculating power, in a 64bit system, right here at work, in particular when coupled with my future Intel SSD (and future 8GB RAM). For gaming that setup is overkill (though that's no reason not to go for it :bigeyes:).

But no, I ain't got no workstation here, no Sir - it ain't in the budget - but a puny office crap-top :eek: :outta: Meh.

Amateurs! Bean counters!

My computer is about six to eight times faster doing these operations than my comp here. Speak about productivity. Cursed be that Dell crap-top! Or better not, considering that I still have to work with it.

Disciple of The Watch likes this.
  13. Saber

These next two weeks are hell... lots of work for Kiss Me Kate, plus a couple papers and midterms... and all when I just started playing BG2 again.

Priorities, priorities...

14. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

For those of you who don't go near the Colosseum... I have a job offer as a JV girls basketball coach that I'll probably take. Only a salary of about 6-700 a month, but I don't need that much since I'll have part time work on the side and the job is fun :p

Awesome.

15. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Mmm let me guess which part of the job you really consider to be fun... :p

Congratulations!

16. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

It's gonna be a little weird, not going to lie. Most of the people who I will coach though, I already coached in middle school so that's not a problem.

I did go to school with the upperclassmen, and one was even my prom date. That's the main reason why it's going to be weird, they're classmates/friends... I can't wait to boss some kids around :p

17. Saber

Man, you and I are the same age, and you're coaching girls basketball, banging the entire team, and making money while doing it and I am...

sitting here typing this, debating whether or not I should play BG2 instead of doing homework. Now I know why the ladies flock to me.

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I didn't feel like going to class today...so I slept in! :bigeyes:
    I also dropped my Thursday class because the teacher is an idiot...

---------- Added 15 hours, 43 minutes and 3 seconds later... ----------

Well this just sucks...

Day shift has HAZCOM (OSHA required class for us), so I'm working a 14 hour shift to help cover them...

It's a good thing I've done my job a million times to the point where I can do it blind...I'm literally sleepwalking. :sleep: I hope I'm going to be able to drive home ok. If not, I hope I can take out as many pedestrians as I can! :evil:

19. Saber

Blargh, sickness is not conducive for good studying habits.

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I'm posting from work...I have a ton of stuff to do, and it keeps building up...but I really don't feel like doing anything right now - so I'm not going to for the next hour or so!

If my boss walks by, there's always the magical Windows + M key combo... :evil:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.