1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random School/Work-Venting Post

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Iku-Turso, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Muhahaha!

I did something at work that apparently, would get me fired on the spot. I don't see the harm in it, but for some reason, it's bundled with more serious offenses, like doing drugs at work. So what did I do that is sooooooo bad?

I made 2 of my own wafers. :D

They both have my work's logo, while one says:
    and the other one says

The pattern is only the 1st layer of a wafer's journey thru the fab, so it basically looks like a logo and simple typing on a mirror, but I still think it looks cool. :D

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Had a meeting today with a potential future boss and I'm not happy. He seems interested, I love the project they're working on, but I cannot get a definite answer out of him. He's expecting funding in June but until the funding is secured all he will say is that he "cannot make a commitment". All I want is something like "if I get the money then I will take you on", nothing more, but it looks like I won't get this kind of answer unless I specifically force it. And I'm not sure I want to do that. In the meantime the lack of a job is really starting to get to me :bad:

3. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    I can't wait for my Monday afternoon lab exercises to end - even though that time will coincide with June (exams peak). The constant tests (every few weeks since November, either about 50 pages or recipes) are killing my weekends via guilt.
    How can I sloth around and watch parachuting bears being catapulted out of cannons with Monday afternoons like that lurking in the future? :bad:

4. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Well I have a final in about 10 hours... and it is 4:37AM right now. Connect the dots.

5. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Good luck Chicken, exams are evil. :(

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Chicken, don't worry, I pulled an allnighter to study for an exam I hadn't even thought about studying for before and I got an A- on it. All nighters work :)

7. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Yeah, it's mostly my fault though. I can't study until last minute panic starts, but by then I am ready.

Kind of funny actually, the only time I was tired was from 5-6am, but then it got light out and I felt great... Still took a quick nap, but it was hard to fall asleep, :/

8. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

So much pointless crap to hand in by Thursday and Friday, so little time...and so little already written. About 16 pages to go. And I've got a nice little flu going.

9. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I currently work as a on-site rep, handling accounts for a much bigger company. I have been trying to get my foot in the door there, but layoffs have made that almost impossible. Any holes that appear in their work force, they fill internally instead of laying off more. But i won't stop plugging away. I will never get in otherwise. Good thing my wife is currently bringing home mucho denero, though most of it goes right to the student-loan collectors. :mad: They are the evil ones!

10. Ziad

Media:
    Things are starting to come together! :D
    So, here's the plan. I've got a very probable 5-6 month project starting in the next few weeks (confirmation to come tomorrow). The other guy I mentioned last week has still not commited but is expressing more tangible interest, so it looks like I'll get that as well if the funding comes through. Best of all, he's fine with a flexible start date, which means I can get the short-term project for now. Then if he gets his funding I can move to his lab in November, and if he doesn't (we'll know at the end of June) I'll still have 4 months to find something else before being unemployed again. Hopefully tomorrow will bring in the confirmation for the short-term project!

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] ARGH!

Working in a group of three on a report - one report on PCs, one on Consoles then a final report and conclusion. Each has to be 1.5k words.

I am writing the final report and recieved the other two last night at around 11. Am looking at them now and OMFG. One guy hasn't even FORMATTED IT. It's a WALL of writing that I can BARELY READ. I have to go through and do half his damn work for him just to get it LAID OUT PROPERLY

We're MARKED on getting it in the right format and layout and he's too damn lazy to even do his job properly!

I am NOT impressed. Apart from the fact today is the deadline and they got it to me so late the net isn't working properly and keeps cutting off and I have my own work to get down as well as his now!

This is affecting my final grades, I need to be able to get my own work done to make up for absence, not to pick up and dust off other students damnit. His abandonment of marked criteria will affect all three of us though if I don't fix it.

12. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Get to start a few months of cleaning bathrooms tomorrow... Really isn't too bad, the bathrooms are my choice since I hate the nasty kitchens :eek:

13. Ziad

Media:
    I finally have a job! :banana:

I signed the contract yesterday. It doesn't pay as much as I would have liked, but for only 5 months I can live with this. Now to look for a decent apartment somewhere that's not 2 hours away...

14. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Well... Slept through my incredibly loud phone alarm (yay for firsts! :rolleyes:) so I missed work. Oh well, it was optional today anyway.

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Currently doing 18 hours a week at work, which includes one full shift, two doubles, one of them being unpacking the bi-weekly orders of stuff from the warehouse. Sort of nice having a sweet schedule, but a quick glance at the bank account drives me into panic mode.

Not to mention the hectic weeks going to college/working enough to survive is gonna bring me. It's just another necessary evil.

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I hate my job, I hate my boss, I hate her bosses, I hate *most* of my coworkers, and most of all...I hate that I'm stuck there! :bang:

We had yet another meeting last night of the many *additional* ways they have found to f*** us up the a**!!! :flaming:

On the list this time:
    • Our breaks have been cut. I can see how this would be fair if we were a totally automated fab...but we're not. Most people walk an average of 5-12 miles a night depending on where they work.
    • They're increasing our work load by 30%, but refuse to give us any new people...*and* they are refusing to turn on several machines they shut down 5 months ago to save money...but they still expect us to move all this product through the fab...
    • Apparently, we're all janitors now..because for a full week here soon, we're going to be pulled from our area to clean.

If the economy didn't suck so bad, the management would have a mutiny on their hands. They know most people are afraid to speak up, because they think they'll lose their job...so management just keeps pushing. Sooner or later, we're going to push back...and it's not going to be pretty. :toofar:

17. Saber

I'm an expert in violent revolutions if you need help man.

18. Ziad

Media:
    OK, the situation at my new job is weird, to say the least.

I'm meant to move in and continue a postdoc's project, since she's left to work in another lab upstairs. The plan was that I'd finish whatever she didn't have time to do, then we'd write it up and publish it together. However she has decided that my boss (her ex-boss) has betrayed her and that I am here to steal her work. She therefore doesn't want to help with anything and has ignored my attempts at getting in touch with her and trying to talk things out. Considering she's made all the constructs and strains and that I have no idea how to work with them or even where they are, most of my day is spent running around looking for things. I am less than impressed with the (lack of) progress I've made this week. Things will pick up speed by the end of the month, once I've got the hang of it, but it's such a waste of time.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

That kid 19-year old hornysaurus coworker of mine is seriously pissing me off. Everytime there's a remotly good looking chick (to his eyes at least -- we've got different standards and a 6 year difference), I unwillingly get a lecture about everything he'd do to her. Considering how often I'm stuck working with this starry-eyed, horny kid, I might soon choke myself to death. Go take a F'N cold shower, go out in a freaking bar, anything to get the pressure down... but stop lecturing me on how X has some/a nice [body part] and how you would do Y to that one... I don't give an [expletive]! The only thing you're doing is pissing me off and jeopardizing your future physical wellbeing by doing so!

20. Saber

Haha I'll bet given the opportunity, he would lose all confidence and not be able to do any of the things he fantasizes about.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.