1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random School/Work-Venting Post

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Iku-Turso, Jul 19, 2006.

1. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Are you serious???!!?!! That's absolutely ridiculous, considering I always thought part of the appeal was inexpensiveness (I never did the research). I just saw those commercials where working class people turn their lives around seemingly on their own. Apparently they have to get in quite a large bit of debt first.

On a related note I go to Washington State University with in state tuition. That means for 12-17 credits a semester it is only $3,500 to attend. Throw in my FAFSA grant and a two year scholarship granted to me based only on acceptance (along with a combination of SAT and high school GPA) and I only have to pay... $900 out of pocket for my first two years... Overall price of four years if I didn't get any grant or scholarship money after the first two years? Still a (relatively paltry) $18,000 :)

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yeah, but you're stuck in Pullman going to Wasu and you have to watch a basketball team that is even more boring than my UCLA Bruins, which is saying something (and we don't even need to talk about the football, now do we?). :p

3. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

You certainly have an argument there... but compared to ITT Tech sports :grin:

I actually I like Wazzu's (get it right, haha) style, their lack of skill or experience this year makes it frustrating but I enjoy a systematic, grind it out game.

And we will not mention football... well except that I get free concessions which slightly redeem the games. Along the fact that UCLA is terrible to only beat us 28-3.

On topic- I'd say that I've done well on my first two finals, but I'm smart enough to realize I'll be disappointed if I actually believe that. I could sure use some California weather right now too... it is cold, like <10 degrees the rest if the week.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah yeah yeah.... :rolleyes:

The uber-geeks in the game design program have LAN parties every Saturday...so if you count fragging noobs a sport, then we have some serious contenders! Honestly, some of the geeks at my school look just like that fat guy in the WoW episode of South Park... :eek:

5. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Wooooo!!! My grades are coming in better than expected. I salvaged a B- in Geology with a 94 on the final test (I had a 93 in lab, 67 in lecture entering the final :D), and my Comm class worked out too...

I feel like singing Sister Christian...
    MOTORIN'...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  6. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Ugh wasted day. Had to get up at 5:45 to go through a neighboring town to pick up a friend and get to work. Was snowed in something terrible, so I wasn't able to get out until way late. Called the Supervisor to say I'd be late on my way and she mentioned that she didn't even think we'd try since roads were closed. This was new to me, but I kept going until a I couldn't get past some cars stuck in front of me. Called supervisor and said that I'd probably be in at first break. Get their at first break after a long ride, and there is nobody at work, so I have to waste my day in an empty apartment that I haven't moved into yet... GRRR.

7. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Man, am I a zombie today. I can't even do simple, mechanical tasks without wasting too much time. On the plus side, it looks like I may get a 5-day break in the near future approved - not like I couldn't use it, have enough things on my plate.

8. Kitrax

Media:
    Well...the lay-off's are complete. They got rid of a bunch of people I wish they would have kept, and kept a bunch of people I wish they haddn't. :bad:

All in all, 12 people on my shift got the axe, 2 people took a demotion to keep their jobs, and several engineers took a pay cut. Several upper managment types got the axe too...including the VP of our plant who had worked there for over 35 years. :bad:

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I had a few puffs and few beers with my *boss* last weekend after the watchdog shift. How very... odd.

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I hate school so much. Not my school, just school in general...

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ha! Join the club. I couldn't stand doing so much work and not only not getting paid for it, but actually paying for the privilege of doing so much.

12. Kitrax

Media:
    /me screams random profanities

I forgot to log on to my online class for a few weeks...so the system automatically dropped me from the class. That's $1700 down the drain. :bad:

I'm never taking another online class again! :bang:

13. Saber

What?!? Jesus dude, that sucks so badly... I am really sorry man.

14. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I cannot believe that, even after I have graduated and left the country, my old supervisor can still ruin my day with her sheer insanity.

I just can't wait for the day I will no longer have anything to do with her.

I was looking for an icon that could express just how mad I am, but none of them even come close.

I. cannot. wait.

15. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    My beloved lab group, 13th by order, got disbanded for this semester and a pair of my friends and me got transferred to group 7. The horror.

People in the group aren't bad at all, but the assistant seems like someone I won't like at all. She sort of yells and has rules and isn't nice at all.

There was also this test... disaster just about sums it up. I have studied, and while it wasn't perfect, my knowledge wasn't bad either, but the questions were not as expected, but delved in the murky waters of Insignificant Specifics. One of them read: "What is Carbopol 980 protected name of?" I mean... Detail-world, anyone? Another one was "What stabilises sulphur praecipitatum in suspensions for skin use - which was literally something from an example we did... Anyway, I'm ranting. It could have been worse... somehow.

I still have to do a recipe to pass this. :/ In a word... horror.

I want Radava (my old assistant) back. I want my old group back.
    I want back to the happy realm of 13. 7 is not fun at all.

16. Saber

In the next two weeks I have... to finish building a show that was supposed to take at least a month to build (we started last week), a long paper, 3 midterms (in two days, right before the opening of the show), as well as a bunch of regular work (reading, computer programming, etc). I know this is what college is like, it just sucks :)

Haha if I don't post after March 7th, I didn't make it.

17. Kitrax

Media:
    I can't wait for my Communications 1 class to be over! Who knew that AM/FM could involve so much math! :nolike:
    I'm looking forwards to Comm2...we get to learn about fiber optics. Making a little laser turn on and off really fast is a lot easier to understand then Amplitude and Frequency Modulation.....

18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    *snicker* Just you wait. I think you will find you will have the same surprise as you did about AM and FM.

19. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Both things have to do with waves, which obey trigonometric functions (sine, cosine, ...). :p

20. Saber

How did you deal with it? I am having trouble not just dropping out right now and running away.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.