1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Relationship Babbling Thread (alias Relationship Rant Thread #2)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hmm... you know I fundamentally disagree with the idea of remaining friends with an ex... but glad to hear it worked out fine.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I fundamentally agree with the concept of staying friends with an ex. I need all the friends I can get and can't afford to discard any just because I was once in a more serious relationship with them.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

ALRIGHT! :banana: Way to go, Saber. I'm glad it worked out so well.

4. Disciple of The Watch

I'm saying this *again*... it may be your philosophy, HB, but I don't agree with it, and neither do you have to agree with mine. Enough said.

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

For me, it depends on the case: in this case, I'm screwed if we don't stay friends, mainly because it ruins the rest of my circle of friends if we hated each other. But in other cases, some relationships are better off dead.

And thanks, Fel :)

:banana:

6. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Well, now I am hitting the stage where I am starting to seriously dislike my former girlfriend. I know this may sound extreme, but I hope her womb desiccates and her life is filled with nothing but hopeless sorrow.

OK, I didn't actually mean that...

But maybe her next boyfriend could have crabs or something. Hear that Lord? Just this one favor!

:pope:

7. Disciple of The Watch

:lol: , I like your style, LNT!

And Saber... good on ya, mate. May your next conquest be better than the last one (you know, I could introduce a friend of my soon-to-be gf to you)... :thumb:

8. Saber

Haha, that would be wonderful DotW! It would be even better if that girl was Kiera Knightley :love: :grin:

9. Disciple of The Watch

As Mystra would say in the chatroom:

If you need anything else, cast a limited wish

Kiera Knightley? White woman are boring. Ever tried an ebony? or a Russian? A chinese? An Amerindian? I did, and let me tell you, Variety is the spice of life, Saber!

My own sweetie is half-chinese. :love:

10. Saber

Most excellent!

No, I have no problem with any other race, but IMO, Kiera Knightley is absolutly amazing! Plus, I honestly don't know too many other-racial women, because the school I go to is not exactly racially diverse. Once I get into college however, that should change quickly.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Hehe. Broaden your horizons, man...

Free Tip (just because I like you): Do an Amerindian if you can. You won't regret it. Trust me.

12. Saber

Well, I'll try going for women who attract me. If they happen to be a different race then me, who cares? But hey, why not go for something new?

13. Disciple of The Watch

That's the spirit, Saber. :thumb:

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You could check if the type you attract is the same that attracts you and if not, then find out what makes the difference. ;)

15. Disciple of The Watch

Try some exotic woman, Saber, for a change. If you like it, go buy a wife in Thailand ;)

Kidding.

16. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

My ex-girlfriend wrote me an e-mail to inform me that she was falling in love with another guy for the last month or so of our relationship. I feel deeply wounded. She also wrote how she didn't feel upset about our break-up, and was feeling very happy with her new relationship. We were together for almost two years, and now I feel like an object just thrown away. We only broke-up less than two weeks ago, and then to find this out. I have no idea why she wrote me to tell me this; maybe so she could move on (although she seemed to be doing quite fine with that). I just hope I learn from this. In the past, I have treated people like things that I can just be thrown away once I find a newer source of happyness. I never did anything like this, but who knows the pain I may have wrought? Being on the other side of it, it is quite apparent that once the object is thrown away, looking at it again is not something the thrower wishes to do, so I may have caused much pain in the past and then not cared to look due to selfishness. I'm sorry to use this board as a journal of sorts, but I am quite hurt. I'm just so thankful I have good friends to talk to; I don't know what I would do without them.

17. Disciple of The Watch

Ouch... now that's one hell of a slap on the face... sorry to hear that, LNT... I know how this feels.

Painful as that may be, she did had the courage to tell you, and honesty is something respectable.

Everything happens for a reason, they say...

I'll drink to your health, dude :beer:

Cheers!

18. Disciple of The Watch

Well, a little update for all those who care, it is official now, my date is now my gf. The second date - which was tonight, BTW - went even better than the first one. Everything unfolded tonight. Embracing her tightly in my arms, feeling her close to me... that was complete ecstasy.

I do not know what the future holds for us two, but I know one thing: I will invest body, mind and soul into this relationship because I truly love her.

19. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    My six-years going relationship's waiting for a coup de grĂ¢ce. Or a post mortem.

We still live together, for now at least. By fall I'll be moving out to another town, if not earlier.

It's my first relationship. So plenty of mistakes were made on my part and a lot of learning that I'm not so amazing person after all. She's not perfect either, but if someone's to blame, then it would be me for the lack of attention I've given her.

And last summer she had a huge family crisis, and I wasn't helping at all, wasn't comforting her the way I should've. I tried to handle the situation the best I could; I really tried to help, but maybe I should've just been there for her.

She blames herself ofcourse. Well she blames herself as well. She probably thinks that she's not attractive enough that I'd be interested, or intelligent enough, which might be partially true since she doesn't bring out her intelligence that much when I'm around. She thinks that I'm not listening to her enough because she's not interesting, but that's not the case. I might not be listening enough because my attention span is extremely short with people in general.

Soon it will be over. The whole things probably been dying for a couple of years by now, if it wasn't born dead already.

This hurts.

I'm being pathetic.

[ December 17, 2005, 10:50: Message edited by: Ichor ]

20. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @LNT: When you don't know what it is about... Well, no, not really. Let's not be so cynical. ;) It would have been honest if she had told you back when you were together, but now? Now it's more like unloading the burden, although who knows? Perhaps she wanted to see if the thing for the other guy fades and she didn't want to break up with you too easily... to throw you away like an object maybe? ;) I don't think you would like to have a girlfriend who secretly loves another guy. Compassion would sooner or later make you tell her to go after him and you would prefer to have someone who's more into you. Not like we have much to say in falling in love. And it's quite respectable if she had had a thing for him during your last month but didn't do anything "like that" with him. Supposing she didn't.

@DotW: Congrats. But how do you know all those things so early? :p

@Ichor: Is it really dead or is it inconvenient to drag on and each of you would like to taste something new? Maybe you can talk about it, learn the lesson and make use of it in this relationship, not the next one? If you move, you still don't have to leave people behind, especially after six years of a romantic relationship. Tried everything you could already?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.