1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Relationship Babbling Thread (alias Relationship Rant Thread #2)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    There are nice girls as well. And being nice pays off eventually, guys. So don't give up. :p

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Why does everyone say that nice guys finish last? That’s just ridiculous. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I and all my friends are what I would consider to be ‘nice guys’ and we’re all happily married. Nice rules!

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Well there is some truth to it, but like "To err is human", the meaning has been somewhat changed by leaving off the last half.

IOW, like Uytuun said, it'll take a while but be worth it in the end. :cool:

4. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

@Saber:
    Not really. In terms of reproduction they tend to be rather simple. It's all pheromones and hormones. Don't get me wrong: I like being in love, basically. But this is only a mechanism for reproduction.

@Uytuun:
    Yeah, well. But you have to wait until they go up to their 30th year. That's when nice starts to pay off.
    More or less.

@chev:
    It's definitly a trigger. (Careful: Gerenalizations ahead!)
    Women tend to seek men with strong genes when they are young, i.e. those who look strong, take risks, etc. You know the type: V-shaped, brainless studs. 'Caring' is not the top priority. This comes later. Oh, women (like men) tend to make compromises about the looks to suit their own. But the function of these men is ever the same: Transmission of genes to produce healthy children.
    So, in the teens and early 20ies, these guys tend to get a lot 'attention'. But there is a downside: They are not suited for the upbringing of the children they produce. (Well, not a downside for all of them.)

That's when 'caring' of 'being nice' comes into play. Looks on men tend to get less important. The ability to raise children (which means stable income, good behaviour towards wife and kids, etc.) gets more important. Up to the age of 30 and later, women look for a 'provider' with whom they can lead a stable relationship.

Naturally, there is a huge grey zone. Some women look for providers very early. Some never.

The cause of this phenomenon? The younger a women is, the more succesfull is a pregnancy. And the more offspring she can produce.

Studies proved that even 'older' women look for 'hunks' during their fertile days, but for 'babyfaces' the rest of the time.

This is actually my own thesis. I put it together from various articles I read and my own personal experience. It has no guarantee of being right.

Maybe I just hope that I get to know some woman who likes my incredible nice ways. But I seem not to be old enough yet.

5. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    @Fabius Maximus

Then I'm just ahead of my age. :shake: And if I can see how great my nice guy is, I'm sure other girls can see through the mindless studs and can recognise the superiority of the nice guy as well. ;)

But I agree that women (and men) tend to become more reasonable in matters such as these as they grow older.

6. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I got my first flower from a guy today (that I'm not related to) and it was from the Lollipop man who helps you cross the road. :hahaerr: It's so sad.

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

So, basically, if I rely on what I've read here, I was correct in being a carnal conquests collector, and I should to so until I turn 30? :rolleyes:

Nice woman are indeed hard to find. But, they exist. The real challenge is finding them...

8. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Recently my girlfriend's father started to call me "son" . I sence a conspiracy here :hmm:

9. Disciple of The Watch

:yot: Ahh, Undertaker. Black Metal Ist Krieg!

Yup, definitively a conspiracy here. Well, maybe more of a subconscious message.

10. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

\m/(><)\m/ hello my metal friend
    Back on topic, yes it must be a conspiracy. I must be careful what I do and what I say. Although my potential in-law is a very nice guy, I can have a good chat with him+some beer of course.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Well, if he's a good guy and likes you, then you're lucky, because in-laws have always despised me :evil:

I agree you must watch your back... unless you *want* and *feel ready* for some mini-headbangers... think carefully, my dark friend, and watch your back...

12. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I'll be very carefull. It's to early for having my own little instruments of terror causing havoc, ehm, I mean kids. Although it would be nice to give them Cannibal Corpse T-shirts and see people's faces :D :evil:

13. Disciple of The Watch

Burzum is a good lullaby for a kid that won't sleep. Trust me. :D

And Chev, are you dead, or what?

14. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I think that some funeral doom would be better :grin:

15. Disciple of The Watch

Nah, Burzum. But let's stick to the topic (I believe it is ranting) before a mod warns us. :evil:

16. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Alrighty, another issue: I think I want to break up with my girlfriend, mainly because I feel no passion for our relationship anymore. I don't see her outside of school enough (as in, never), and I'm not as attracted to her anymore. However, there could be problems: she is in my core group of friends. How am I supposed to break up with her without screwing up my friendship with others? And how can I make it so we are still friends, or at least civil to each other afterwards?

Anyways, any help would be most appreciated.

17. Disciple of The Watch

Well... nearly all my ex-gfs hate me (I admit I am somewhat of a ****ing bastard...), so I am not really in the position to possibly help you in how to keep her as a friend... however, honesty often wins the day. Maybe Chev can help you more on that, if he still reads the damn thread, that is.

But as for your fading passion... does the other girl you mention has anything do to with it? It might just be the old 'grass is greener' syndrome. Take time to sort out your feelings, sit down with your gf, and try to work things out (without mentioning the other girl, goes without saying). Things might improve, and you'll get to spend more time with your gf (which may rekindle your passion)... or it may mark the end of the relationship. Whatever the outcome, I suggest at least talking things through with your gf before pondering on your next move.

Just my 0.02¢.

18. Saber

Well, I edited the part about the other girl out because I don't have a chance, and it doesn't really matter (I doubt I will see her often). But thank you, so far.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Hey, 22 years on this blasted world taught me some lessons (many on how to get a woman to hate you... but that's another story)... just sharin' the wisdom.

Well then, delete the part about the other girl... but the part of talking things with your gf still holds true. It can solve much, trust me.

20. Saber

And I appreciate your wisdom greatly!

And I did delete the other part... perhaps it hasn't registered in your computer yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.