1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random music thread

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Jack Funk, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:

I saw these guys last night for the second... well, second and halfeth time (I've seen the singer do a solo acoustic too) and they are totally. utterly. unbelivebaly. amazing! It was a great gig, even if the pizza with the band did not happen (their ferry was delayed)

Next weekend, I'm off to Resistanz industrial music festival in Sheffield. I believe it shall be an EPIC experience even though I don't give a flying flapper about half the bands XD it's the start of my festival season.

I can't be the only one who goes round the festivals? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nope. No festivals for me. Most bands that play at festivals are okay, but not the music I'm going crazy for. And if it did, I probably simply didn't have the money to buy a ticket. I'm quite poor lately.

It's quite weird to hear an English version of that same artist's (Dutch) original:
    Le Le - No (Neen)

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    In memory of the Titanic:

Saxon - S.O.S.

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Saxon <3

Graham Oliver once told me to stop drinking so fast. :evil:

5. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I guess this has been big everywhere but the US for some time now, but I just heard it recently. Really interesting interaction between the male (Gotye) and female (Kimbra) vocalists with the octave changes that simulate them shouting at each other and whatnot. Also the subject matter is no doubt something that everybody can relate to.

The video (as with all videos) is just silly, but of course you can't link to a song absent video without it being piracy. (Video songs are okay; why is that?)

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I discovered the above song/video a couple weeks into January. I listened to it a lot. Then I discovered Heart's A Mess by the same musician and liked that one even better. The animation in so intriguing. Also Eyes Wide Open is very good, but Hearts a Mess is the best.

7. Dice

Media:
    My son told me this is his song.

This is a link to the lyrics.

8. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

One of the best songs- and bands- of all time IMO.

9. Montresor

Media:
    And now for something completely different.

Jean Sibelius - The Swan of Tuonela

10. Dice

Media:
    It was between this and and Drowning Pools - Bodies - *It has bad words so don't click on the link if you don't like it.*

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hehe love that Bodies song!

Let the bodies hit the flo'
    Let the bodies hit the flo'
    Let the bodies hit the floorrrrrrrrrgh! :lol:

12. Montresor

Media:
    Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto.

Wonder if the violinist Janine Jansen is related to a certain gnome?! :D

And some Mozart - Symphony #1, written when little Wolfgang Amadeus was only 8 years old. :whoa:

13. Dice

Media:
    I've loved Harry Belafonte since I was a toddler.

14. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, her father is actually called Jan Jansen. Really, not sh*tting you! (Sorry, Dutch wiki only). He's an organist. The funny thing is he's been knighted ("Eh knighty?")
    Jansen is one of the most common names in Holland.

Montresor likes this.
  15. Dice

Media:
    I found this just now. Always liked Depeche Mode and this song in particular.

16. Dice

Media:
    I was doing some chores in the basement and my son had on his playlist on random. It played a song I didn't recognize of Shaggy and that stuck in my head. I actually have the album and the mp3 in my collection but I had never listened to this song. After I went to my own computer and listened to it several times, I realized that I want to know what the story is behind it.

17. Montresor

Media:
    Jean-Michel Jarre: Oxygene 4

Classic!

18. Montresor

Media:
    Elton John: Candle in the Wind

19. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    A friend of mine, or rather the youngest brother of my best friend, is a rapper and has been allowed to *the* Rock Academy in The Netherlands. Even though I don't have much with today's rap/hiphop (I prefer the real Old Skool sh!t), I must say his track is quite good and he has been invited to some radio stations.

Here is a clip of one of his tracks. It's in Dutch, so I don't expect many of you to understand it (not to mention being interested), but I guess anybody with an open mind can tell if it's any good (in it's genre, despite the language barrier).

20. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    He doesn't look terribly badass, MoN. I thought all rappers were supposed to be thugs. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.