1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random music thread

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Jack Funk, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Post anything you like.

Television - Marquee moon

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy (live, Star Wars version)

Rainbow - Stargazer

Sly and the Family Stone - Everyday people

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
    Nobleman, Splunge and Montresor like this.
  2. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Chewbacca drumming... I have seen the light.

Seriously awesome.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Matilda Mother by Pink Floyd. At 1:25, it starts to sound a lot like Time Of The Season by The Zombies, which was written in the same year. I don't know who's ripping off whom.

Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider (although the video is a bit out of sync with the sound):

Jack Funk likes this.
  4. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Wynton Kelly (and others) - So What

Herbie Hancock (Headhunters) - Chameleon

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Good thread. I like the So What video and I'm gonna pick up Kind of Blue tomorrow :)

Pink Floyd: 'Us and Them' with images from 2001: A Space Odyssey

Jimi Hendrix: Part of '1983..(a merman i should turn to be)' with 'Moon, turn the tides... gently, gently'

Jack Funk likes this.
  6. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    The Alan Parsons Project: Don't Answer Me. Why should a music video not be animated? :D

The Beatles: Strawberry Fields Forever. If you listen closely at the 1 minute mark, you can hear that they have pasted two different takes together - the first slower, in C major, with light instrumentation; the other faster, in A major, and with heavier instrumentation. George Martin merged the two versions by speeding up the slower take and slowing down the faster.

The Beatles/George Harrison: Here Comes the Sun. One of my all-time favourites.

And another favourite - Electric Light Orchestra: Midnight Blue.

Jack Funk likes this.
  7. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

Lots of great songs! Keep them coming.

More random favorites:

Bill Cobham - Quadrant 4

Grandmaster Flash - White lines

Antonio Carlos Jobim - Brazil

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

o.0 We already have a random music thread...

9. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

This is to actually post music that you like. Not general music discussions.

Please, post a video! I'd like to hear something you like.

While I'm here:

Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter #23

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Since this is a game site:

BOC - Don't Fear the Reaper

Rock Band editions!

Chandos the Red and Jack Funk like this.
  11. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

This is going to turn into a HUGE thread, so we better start posting LINKS instead.

Unforgivable - Armin van Buuren Ft. Jaren
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=NLu6VjLIjfM
    One of the BEST trance songs around at the moment.

Jack Funk likes this.
  12. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    How could I forget The Alan Parson Project's The Cask of Amontillado? The musical recreation of my story! Shame on me! :D

13. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    BTA - Drumming in the 21st Century! Those little drum pads may be cute, but not much for sound. This is a real set of drums, with one of the really great swing drummers. :)

Edit: I did want to add that was pretty good drumming on the BOC cover - good instincts on the timing.

Jack Funk likes this.
  14. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Funky-ish progrock: Deke Leonard - The Devil's Gloves

The riff that I play every single day: Howlin' Wolf - Little Red Rooster

Jack Funk likes this.
  15. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

16. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Heh. Sorry if anyone thought that was me on the drums; no, I don't even own a console in order to play Rock Band let alone ever played a real drum set.

I just like the song, and thought those guys (whoever they are :) ) did a great job on the game, and I especially liked the camera set-up and editing of the drummer recording.

Having said that, here's another song I like played in Rock Band by the same guy:

Boston - More Than a Feeling

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] There's no need to post links; do use the YouTube tags, that's what they're for. Only very low-res video thumbs load (videos don't unless on demand) and we don't have anywhere near as many replies per page that thumbs would take excessively long to load.

18. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Two very nice examples of GREAT trance songs :D

Unforgivable - Armin van Buuren Ft. Jaren

Fall To Pieces - Jonas Steur Ft. Jennifer Rene

19. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

Excellent songs, all. Thanks for posting them. Howlin' Wolf is always a good listen. And Silvershield, thanks for posting the trance tunes. It is a genre with which am unfamiliar. You have broadened my horizons.

CTR, I loved that drumming clip. I rarely watch single instrumentalists play like that. Carl Palmer is a favorite:
    Embedding is disabled for this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn9fkAGwJcM

Fly2tHeSkY likes this.
  20. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    The following band I discovered while playing Guitar Hero III. It's the Killers with When you were young.

This is from a concert I visited in May. It's Roger Waters with Sheep. At the end of the song they released the pig and it was visible in the night sky until it became really dark.

With the next song I was launched into the wonderful world of music. I was 13 and this was my very first favorite song. It's the Red Hot Chili Peppers with Scar Tissue. Californication was also the very first album that I bought.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.