1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling)

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You know what? The Blue Man Group needs to do their version of The offspring's 'Not the One' song. I can imagin how awsome their PVC and Tubulum instruments would sound doing the intro to that song. :thumb:

The Blue Man Group kicks ass! :) :rolling:

2. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

@DotW: such blasphemy! :mad: How dared he to stop the masters of black metal :flaming:

3. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I always have trouble determining what is ska, and what isn't. I can appreciate some Madness (British band, not very well known in the US) from time to time, but I don't think it would be called ska by the purists. Perhaps second wave ska, or ska revival.

As for classical music: Concerto for Group and Orchestra is about as classical as I go :1eye:

4. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Ah, NOFX. Fantastic.

My buddy is gradually moving from ska to metal.

Join the dark side....

5. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Nothing wrong with knocking something you don't like, but I hope nobody's trying to tell others what to like...

Impaled Nazarene is hilarious, especially their songs in Finnish, like V**utuksen Multihuipennus. It never ceases to amaze me how many people have actually heard of that band around the world. A real cult following they have there.

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It strikes me that I love the composition of 40 working computers, keyboards and fans. I could almost close my eyes and lose myself in the music.

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Well, despite your hate for OLP, I'm stickin' with them.

The great thing about music is that even if my friends hate my music, I don't have to care :D My regular friends hate my metal, and my metal friends hate my regular music.

In anycase, I will continue to love all the music I love undyingly, until it becomes crappy in my eyes.

And you guys were talking about classical music, and metioned Mozart... I like Greensleeves the best.

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I rather enjoy some of the older Bloodhound Gang. Their humor is sick and droll. Very entertaining.

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I know what you mean, Undertaker. And the most bitter irony... he was the guy one of my exes cheated on me with. The fool actually had the gall to step on MY territory! (It was one of MY partys, and he was just a friend of a friend until one of my loyal friends informed me)

Needless to say, he took one hell of savage beating and I must admit I took a especially sadistic pleasure in his suffering.

Don't mess with the Shadow Scorpion... or you'll feel his sting! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

10. Saber

Note to self: Don't touch DotW's music.

11. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Same with Undertaker's music ;) NO ONE is allowed to touch my CD collection :p

12. Saber

:eek:

By the way, there doesn't happen to be a post limit (per page) we can post, is there?

And are we going to start counting how many posts we've made in this thread? It'd be pretty easy since its only been one... perhaps I could whip out some numbers over the weekend?

13. Disciple of The Watch

I am positive things will never reach the ultimate threshold of a beating. That's the fate of those who cross me. So don't worry, Saber. I respect you. And besides, that one took a savage beating because he was the one who f***ed my ex. We'll get along fine... as long as you do not do such a thing.

And Undertaker... good on ya not to let anyone touch your music collection. I share your point of view.

But back to topic... Just got my hands on an old Voivod vinyl. Freakin' sweet. "F*** off and Die!"

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That's just charming. What sort of a song title is that for the youth of today to be growing up with?

15. Saber

I was listening to Slayer today (Reign of Terror), and I got through a few songs and realized: 'I don't like this guy's voice.' Its kind of, well, bad. And, their solos, while taking much talent, are sort of random. Not saying I don't like Slayer, just saying I don't like them as much.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Harby, my favorite party crasher. You're late. :rolleyes:

Saber, I suppose you mean "Reign in Blood"? That's hailed as classic metal masterpiece. But I must admit it's not my favorite as well. Show No Mercy owns you all.

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The invitation must have been lost in the mail. I was being serious though! Are there more songs with swearing in them now than there used to be?

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    By the way, DotW - idf one were to consider this thread a fair representation of the musical tastes of SOers, it would make metal mainstream :p

*is too lazy to provide dictionary definitions*

19. Harbourboy

Very good point, Arabwel. You guys are all so mainstream, you big sell-outs.

20. Saber

:doh: :o

I meant Reign in Blood... too much French Revolution, with its damn Reigns and Terrors and such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.