1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling)

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    You must listen to it sober or you will miss all it's majesty!

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Actually, the strain of Mary-Jane I consume makes me completly focus my mind on one perticular thing. So if I focus on the music, nothing will unhook me from it.

3. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

You do not stand alone, young Daie. Power Metal > all.

4. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG]
    I have listened to a lot of Coroner :D
    Great trio.

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *grumble*

Is not.

As it is, I just bought a nice pair of cheap-o headphones to nmatch my cheap-as, salvaged CD player so I will have something tio fill my brain on when time to take a train to Helsinki comes...

@Kitrax: Okies, no Top 40.... i have some Showtunes instead :D *srticks the Evita OST into the CD player*

6. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Perhaps because dragons, swords and sorcery have always been among the favourite subjects of hard rock and heavy metal, therefore it's natural for people like me or Undertaker to be attracted by fantasy rpgs.

7. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Although I'm more into doom and death metal :cool:

8. Ofelix

Media:
    I love metal too, Long life Children of Bodom! :rolling: wheeeee

9. Disciple of The Watch

Children of Bodom? Their old stuff is pretty good. I must say, though, I don't especially like what came after Follow The Reaper.

Impaled Nazarene is better :p

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

See. There's some we can agree on. Assuming we're talking about that same 15th century dude, it was his Canon (in D minor) that we chose to have a string quartet playing at our wedding (when the bride walked in) so that's pretty special to me.

11. Arabwel

Media:
    Ooh, I absolutely love the Canon.... currently have 3 different... damn, not sure what's the proper word.. well, different versions of it on my playlist. Love it to pieces :D

12. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

/me sings

Hail! Hail! Brave Swordmaster
    March! March! Great Swordmaster
    and I ask the wind for the fall of the king!

Into the ray of the sun
    March our hero hunting the dark lord
    Reborn from the blood of his god,
    his god the warmaster Kron.
    Ride for the fall of his power
    fighting the storm, the roar of the thunder
    Ally of the sun and the moon
    Great Swordmaster Rule!

Yay Rhapsody! This song was my anthem last year.

13. Arabwel

Media:
    oooh, I like that song...g ot it onthe same playlist as Pachelbel's Canon :D

14. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Another Rhapsody fan! Rejoice!

I just found my Rhapsody again. Now on my iPod. Unholy Warcry!

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah? Well, I prefer Taco-Bell! :p

Pachelbel is ok I guess. My fiance wants Pachelbel's Cannon in D played as she walks down the isle...I guess she thinks that classic wedding march is overrated or something.

Meh...one more similarity between my and Harby...I'm starting to get scared, :mommy: :rolling:

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Good stuff, Kitrax. If you want to go for the whole Harbourboy wedding experience, then have Vivaldi's 'Winter' playing whilst you sign the marriage certificate (for our winter wedding) and 'Spring' playing when you return to greet the crowd (to signify new beginnings).

17. Ofelix

Media:
    Ah I am glad to know I am not the only one who likes Classical music!

One of my favourite is Mozarts' Concerto No 26 in D Allegro or KV537. I like it because it was one of the first one I ever heard and it's the song that made me love classical.

18. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I just got into them, but I don't know which albums I should listen to. I'm in the middle of Are You Dead Yet?.

And why do you hate OLP, DotW? Yes, they aren't metal, they are soft rock, but?

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I'm going to have to side with DotW on the Our Lady Peace judgment. I know they aren't metal...I also know that they aren't any good! :nono: I had the misfortune of seeing them in concert a few years back, and you know what? They suck even worse live then they do on the radio.

So...moving away from the metal scene, does anyone here like Ska? I was listening to my old Reel Big Fish and Let's Go Bowling CDs today...I can't be the only one who still likes a side of Ska now and then. :bigeyes: :rolling:

20. Disciple of The Watch

Harbs, you agree with me on something? Well, that's a first :toofar:

I like Taco Bell too, Kitrax... but they don't beat homemade tacos. And also, you'll feel less alone, because I do sometimes listen to old Nofx, which is ska. That's the only ska I listen to, however :p

And Saber... OLP sucks. They're just no good. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: A friend of a friend (basically, a nobody) was arrogant enough to stop my DarkThrone CD and crack in a OLP CD in a party, once. Needless to say, his CD went to hell :evil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.