1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling) #3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Saber, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

What is Dragonforce's best album, if they are worth listening to?

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Sonic Firestorm, without the shadow of a doubt.

3. Saber

Have you heard their new album, Inhumane Rampage?

4. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

They (DragonForce) put on a good show, but there is something about their albums that I don't like. I would rather listen to Gamma Ray, Hammerfall, Rhapsody and Luca Turilli.

5. Pseudospawn Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Dragonforce's best and only worthwile album was Valley of the Damned.

I'm just not a big fan of 'wank-metal' like Dragonforce so its no suprise that in the two times i've been able to see them i was sorely unimpressed. That sort of sound is amusing if you're the one playing it but they're no fun to watch and the music sounds hollow.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I am greatly looking forward to getting my hands on Vaadimme Metallia by Teräsbetoni.. the fisrt single, Älä Mene Metsään is pretty awesome so i am definitely eager to hear more :D

7. Saber

DotW, how about Dark Tranquility? I know you like them, what is their best stuff?

8. Disciple of The Watch

Oh ****, good question, it's been AGES since I last listened to them... ehh... IIRC, the first three albums and two EP are the best. I lost interest in them when they released Projector, and I haven't bothered listening to any of the new stuff.

A special mention to the song "Insanity's Crescendo", however. It whips serious butts, and the clean singing is... haunting.

9. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Yes DT are much better than Inflames.

Hey DoTW, are you a fan of Dragonheart? Its strange to see Eric outside of Testament.

10. Pseudospawn Gems: 8/31

Veteran

When did people all of a sudden start hating In Flames?

It's bad enough they're now being called nu-metal, at least theyre had the initative to change & develop their sound over the past decade then stay in the same rut as most every other metal band.

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] So, how many of you resident metalheads are really into extreme? :D

12. Disciple of The Watch

Yes! I definitively dig Dragonheart. Peterson's a surprisingly good vocalist, I must say. I haven't had a chance to listen to the second album, but Rapture kicked solid ass, especially the songs "Wolfhunt" and "Spirits In The Mist", with Darkane's ex-vocalist as guest... it's too damn good.

Hmm, let's see. When they began taking a commercial path and ended up releasing crap album after the other, and when they began calling fans of their early stuff poseurs, that's when.

13. Saber

They aren't nu-metal, they are still the same type of music, even though each album sounds different. I like their newest album, although it is not as good as Clayman. I am listening to Reroute to Remain right now, and it is alright.

14. Disciple of The Watch

Let me put it this way: Everything after The Jester Race sucks donkey balls. In fact it sucks SO bad I played freesbee with my friend's dog with the Whoracle album. He even dished in his own copy of Clayman once the dog was through with Whoracle.

In Flames sucks. Get the point.

Now, on a different note. Undertaker, you were right, the new Celtic Frost album really pwns. Did you got to listen to the new Sodom album? Unbelieva****ingble. :headbang:

15. Pseudospawn Gems: 8/31

Veteran

DotW i hate to be the one to break this to you, but Celtic Frost suck.

Not just suck as in they're bad, suck like fat kids at sport, suck like the elderly at controlling bodily functions.

I think its right to compare them to bands like Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax and Megadeth. They deserve to be grouped with the other pied-pipers of metal. Those now talent-less has-beens that are destroying the genre they created.

16. Disciple of The Watch

*shrugs* I'm actually listening to To Mega Therion as I'm typing this.

I hate In Flames, you hate Celtic Frost, our tastes differ, and that's mighty fine with me.

17. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

@DotW: nope, I wasn't able to listent to that album yet (to be sure I don't own it yet :o )

So off I go to listen to Celtic Frost's new album \m/(><)\m/

18. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Yaay

Just got the latest Tool and RHCP albums, much happiness here :D

19. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Nah, Jester Race is teh best, but WHoracle and Clayman are good. The new one is good too. The others suck though.

20. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Igor Cavalera has left Sepultura :( :( :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.