1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling) #2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

The first album I bought was probably some pop band. I was about nine, so it's acceptable.

It's a shame that T-REX never made it big in America, they were great.

2. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

I reckon your next purchase should be either Into the Electric Castle, or The Universal Migrator, by Ayreon, Daie. Both are utterly amazing. I'm listening to Into the Electric Castle just now, and remembering just how great it is.

3. Daie d'Malkin

I was going for either Falconer or Gamma Ray

4. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    [​IMG]
    They are really annoying. Our local paper prints a front page story every time they move or speak, because Justin Hawkins went to our college like ten years ago :rolleyes:

5. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I'm going to see Killswitch Engage and a buddies band on sunday, and the tickets were only eight dollars, im pretty phsyched

and the "I just died in your arms tonight" song is Journey.

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Killswitch Engage was so great, before they replaced their singer... 'Alive or Just Breathing' was amazing, but 'The End of Heartache' was sad, excluding Rose of Sharyn...

I still love them, of course.

I started listening to A Perfect Murder recently. 'Unbroken' is a great album. They are tough guy hardcore, but with solos. Pretty cool stuff.

7. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

My new shiny Liv Kristine's Enter My Religion CD has just arrived :banana: Oh the joy of great music :D

8. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

I now have The Gathering Wilderness by Primordial. I am happy now.

9. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I saw a really crappy bar band yesterday. They appeared to be pondering what's for dinner tonight through most of their set, which comprised mainly obvious "everybody's favorite" covers.

10. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I must say Enter My Religion is a very good album :D

11. Saber

I went skiing this weekend, and on the 2 hour drive up, I listened to a ton of music... lots of Darkest Hour, All That Remains, Throwdown, A Perfect Murder...

12. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

i like howard much more than the old singer, the other guys voice is kindof annoying.

13. Saber

But their music has become so much less entertaining and intricate. In anycase, I hope their next CD is alot better than The End of Heartache...

Speaking of that, do you know when their next one comes out?

And do you know any bands that sound similar to Killswitch Engage?

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Err... Hello I'm Ofelix and I like AC/DC and Guns 'N Roses!

Seriously I'm getting tired of listening to the same Rhapsody / Children of Bodom albums any metal fan out there that know something in the same style as those two?

15. Saber

Do you have all Children of Bodom?

Of course, most of them sound the same, so if you are getting tired of them, don't get more...

Sorry, I don't know very much like them (although, I'll bet some of these older metalheads do).

16. Daie d'Malkin

Mister Ofelix, in the style of Rhapsody, we have Hammerfall, Falconer, most POwer Metal really. I could name other bands, but I'm loathe to mention bands I'm yet to hear. Warrior can help, I do believe.

EDIT: Symphony X, I almost forgot! Try the Divine WIngs of Tragedy album, it is fantastic.
    Also, if you have access to internet radio, search for 'epic rock radio'. It should be able to point you in the right direction.

[ February 20, 2006, 08:55: Message edited by: Daie d'Malkin ]

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ha'i Ofelix! Welcome to Metal-Heads Anonymous! :shake: But liking AC/DC and Guns N' Roses isn't a bad thing so long as they are taken in moderation...

Oh who am I kidding!?!? Listen to them all day and every night! :thumb: :rolling:

18. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

How about Luca Turilli? I would say that Luca's solo stuff is much better than Rhapsody.

If you like Children of Bodom, check out 'Dreams of Sanity'. Quite like COB but with an attractive female singer.

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    /me Take notes...

Luca Turilli, Hammefall, Falcon, Dream of Sanity

Ok all check, I'm ready to go!

Modera-what?

20. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I'm definetely in gothic mood these days. Almost no brutal death metal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.