1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling) #2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

They're death n' roll. They suck big time. I even wonder why they're still around.

In Flames sucks donkey balls, but Dark Tranquility pwns.

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

*sets DoTW on fire*

Nothing wrong with In Flames. I've yet to listen to Dark Tranquility thought. Think I'd like it?

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Do you like their new album (In Flames)? I've been listening to it recently, and I like it. DotW doesn't, obviously, but is their old stuff better?

4. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

As with almost every band: yes, their older stuff is better :p

5. Daie d'Malkin

Ah, Clayman. Good stuff. Whoracle isn't bad either.

6. Saber

Unfortunately for me, I have no money or source of In Flames. My metal source doesn't like them, so he has none of their stuff.

Dark Tranquility is good metal?

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Indicdentally, I consider escape - Enrique's seconfd-newest - album to be his best.. although I do think that the first English one is good asa well, but the earliest works just do'rt rock mah socks thwe way the new stuff does... might be the language barrier, dunno. .

8. Daie d'Malkin

Saber, try looking for these songs:

Dialogue with the Stars
    Man made God.

They're In Flames instrumentals, and they are fantastic

9. Saber

Ara, how many does he have?

And Daie, should I get Clayman and Whoracle, or should I try to find someone to borrow them from?

And they are Swedish metal?

So, I should check out: Entombed, Dark Tranquility, and Dismember. And Vader. I still haven't gotten any of their stuff.

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    7 in total - 4 in Spanish and 3 in English. and he is working on the 8th at the moment.

and yes, I have them all. :p

11. Daie d'Malkin

*cough*fangirl*cough* :D

Saber, I'd get Clayman, and if you like it then consider buying Whoracle.

I wouldn't call them Swedish Metal either, even though they are Swedish, but I'm not terribly good at defining bands.

*Thinks* I need to go to Sweden and Finland to see some bands. I was considering going to Finland with a friend, but Nightwish broke up, so my reason disappeared.

12. Saber

Here's a review of In Flame's Come Clarity:

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/reviews/music/3859/

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm listening to the CD, most of the CD is good, minus afew songs. The first 3 are the best, though.

And by the way, is DragonForce any good? I didn't get a chance to see them on Sunday (their first performance in the US).

EDIT: Here are two more reviews that like Come Clarity:
    http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=5452
    http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/i/in-flames/come-clarity.shtml

[ May 03, 2006, 15:39: Message edited by: Saber ]

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yes. They're part of the very, very, very little power metal I like. Sonic Firestorm was unbelievable.

14. Daie d'Malkin

Brit band! WHoo! My friend hangs out with them when they're in London. Dragonforce are pretty cool.

15. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

I really don't like DragonForce anymore. However, I reckon I've complained enough about them before.

As to bands' older stuff being better, I usually find this to be the case; although the new albums may be good, there often seems to be something missing that the older albums had. It might depend on what you heard first, rather than what the band released first, or perhaps the bands are becoming tired or uninspired, but they rarely have the same effect on me as the first album(s) that I listened to. Of course, this isn't the case for Bal-Sagoth, or Ayreon, both of whom have kept me consistently pleased with all of their stuff. Blind Guardian have done a pretty good job as well, there, as have (to an extent) Bathory: the Nordland albums were truly fantastic.

16. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I would recommend Clayman by Inflames as its a very commercial album, but in a good way, unlike Reroute to Remain. The older stuff is very folky and takes a while to get used to.

I would also recommend 'Litany' by Vader (an excellent Polish death metal band). Unlike most death metal bands, they are very musical dispite how brutal sounding they are :eek:

For something different you cannot go wrong with Korpiklaani - just check out the reviews (and sound clips) on Amazon:

Spirit of the Forest

Voice of the Wilderness

17. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Don't forget the ultimate death metal band of all times: Death :D

18. Saber

I have some stuff by Death, but it is labeled incorrectly, and the sound is too quiet... I need to do some adjusting.

Which is the best Testament album? I like Low alot, but thats the only one I've had time to listen to.

19. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Best early Testament New Order
    best later Testament The Gathering

20. Saber

Between the Buried and Me is good, but their goregrind (or grindcore... I forget which) tenencies sometimes give me a headache. But they are very talented, and I don't mind them occasionally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.