1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling) #2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Lets put the metalfest this way: Chimaira rocked everyone's ass! They were unbelievably intense! Plus, for one song, they had scantily clad women dancing, which is always a plus.

God Forbid was excellent, as well as Since the Flood.

Exodus was alright, except for the fact that everything they played sounded exactly the same... exactly the same...

It is going to be hard to fall asleep tonight with this amount of ringing :D

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Exodus ****ing rocks!

Bah! That's for rap videos, not a metal show!

3. Saber

No, DotW, it was funny, you would certainly have liked it. No one was expecting it, and all of a sudden, bam! There they were.

And Exodus' solos were... uniform and identical. Perhaps it was because of their new CD, which I have heard to have songs that are almost identical on it.

4. Disciple of The Watch

It's true that Exodus without Paul Baloff or Steve Souza completly sucks. Rob Duke is a bad vocalist, but Paul Bostaph is one hell of a drummer. Their latest album sucks. Tempo of The Damned was ****ing good, though.

What makes you say that? :p

5. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I consider "Shovel Headed Kill Machine" as a very good album :p Even better then "Tempo..."

6. Saber

From Exodus?

7. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

What kind of stupid question is that ? :p
    Of course I mean Exodus ;)

8. Saber

Heh, well, the post was 8 hours after DotW, and this is a random metal post, so you could have just randomly mentioned a few albums.

My friend lent me Pantera's Far Beyond Driven and Vulgar Display of Power, so I can finally listen to them in good quality... my other stuff was crap.

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I'm getting re-addicted to the Red Hot Chili Peppers...and with that, my ongoing addiction to 311 will get a boost, and I might even start listening to some more Lit. :p

You got to love that funk guitar! :thumb: :rolling:

10. Saber

Red Hot Chili Peppers come out with Stadium Arcadium on the 9th... its gonna kick some funky ass!

They come to Bosont in August or September, I think!

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    DotW#, maybe because you are a male and they were scantily clad women?

THat is the one minus of most of the music I listen: not enoughj scantily clad peopole... or the wrong people. I want to see a scantily clad Enriwue, not some random, if hot, babes.... *pouts*

12. Disciple of The Watch

Nah, Tempo pwns. Exodus without Paul Baloff (R.I.P) or Steve Souze just isn't Exodus.

Yeah, but doesen't automatically mean I'd like it. I have a couple or criterias when it comes to judging the beauty of a woman. But that's off-topic.

13. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I wonder if the loacal libraries will add the new RHCP album soon after it is released.

I might have to drop them a line. :rolling:

15. Saber

I doubt right away, it usually takes libraries a week or two to get new albums.

I wish my library had good CDs... luckily, I can borrow them from my friends :) No need to waste money when I can borrow ;)

16. Disciple of The Watch

Blah! Tempo over Shovel for me. Enough said.

Unearthed my old Agathodaimon CDs. I had forgotten how good stuff it was.

17. Saber

What would you guys consider Swedish metal? As in, which bands? Are there some really exceptional bands out there worth checking out?

And, what is the difference between Black Metal, Death Metal, and regular metal?

18. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I'm no expert on these genres, but here's how I see it, with wide, sweeping generalizations:

Death metal is more detuned stuff with guttural growling vocals, somewhat related to thrash. Lyrically, I'd say violence and guts'n'gore type of stuff mostly. Keyboards are rare.

Black metal tends to be more like screeching than growling, more cacophonic, more dissonance. Some carry a vague relation to old melodic metal bands. Keyboards are common. Lyrically, satanic themes are predominant. Often you can also tell a bm band by image: if they've got penguin faces (black and white makeup), they're black metal.

Swedish bands...a lot people praise Entombed, but I don't really know them. Meshuggah comes to mind.

19. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Sabre check out:

Entombed and Dismember - like a cross between bleach era Nirvana and death metal.

melodic death metal - Inflames, Dark Tranquility

20. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Ah, In Flames. Had I stayed in Germany ONE MORE DAY at the end of the holidays, I could'veseen them in concert. School sucks.

*drifts away to listen to Dialogue with the Stars*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.