1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling) #2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

The last real Helloween album was "Live in the U.K.". When Hansen left the band, Helloween died (at least for me).

2. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

When Helloween played Wacken in '04, they had Kai on, which was good. I was going to see them on Sunday, supported by Power Quest, but alas, no-cash struck again. That, and the only person who would have gone as well was busy.

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

So you guys would recommend "Walls of Jericho," "Helloween," and "Judas," from Helloween?

4. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

YES :)
    Ride the Sky!

5. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Don't forget Keeper of the Seven Keys part I&II.

6. Saber

Alrighty, I'll try and sample them, if I can find someone who has them.

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, by any chance does anyone know anything in the same style as Heather Alexander? WHom I, incidentally, recommend to all fanss of fantasy.

8. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Doom metal really cheers me up :D

9. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I think I have a new favorite song, but I don't know what it's called or who sings it. I've heard it a few times on the radio, and even though they're practically scream-singing I can't help turning up the volume. Here's some lyrics if anyone wants to help me out:

Looking, at the blank page before you
    Open up the dirty window
    Let the sun illuminate
    The words that you could not find!

Reaching, for something in the distance
    So close you could almost taste it
    Release you inhibitions!
    Feel the rain on your skin!

Noone else can feel it for you
    Only you can let it in
    Noone else, noone else
    Can speak the words on your lips!

***************-oken
    Live your life with eyes wide open
    Today is where your book begins!
    The rest is still unwritten.

Damn, I can't get it out of my head. I'd post in the "What song..." thread, but I don't know what to call it! :lol: :shake:

EDIT:
    And no, it's not metal. :p (I think it might be pop. :hmm: ) Personally, I think you guys ought to open up the topic for any kind of music, or you'll just end up with the problems that lead to discussions like in the "Punk" thread. If you're going to be exclusionist, the other kids won't want to play with you. ;)

10. Saber

Hey, anyone can discuss any music here! We don't discriminate. It just happens that most people who have posted so far are people who enjoy metal. The only reason the name has Metal in it is because Undertaker made it.

And the main name is Random Music Post.

11. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

From a memory of when I had a radio, I think that's Unwritten by Natasha Beddingfield. Certain of the title, less so about the singer.

Just a little moan about my mp3 player: it cuts out after every song when it's not attached to the mains. I have to send it, at my own cost, to Germany to get it replaced. I am not happy.

I'm bored of all my music now. I only listen to select songs, and never whole albums. I have a rotation of about 20 songs that I listen to, so they're getting stale. Anyone have any suggestions about something new? Any genre; I'm not picky...

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I wonder why you all like metal so much. To me, most of it is so loud you can't even hear what the words are (of course there are exceptions - but then if a metal band does a nice easy to hear ballad, then it's probably not a metal song - just a metal band doing a normal song).

13. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

HB, that's where POwer Metal comes in. You've hit the nail on the head with the word 'ballad'

14. Saber

But the same can be said for other genres, HB. I can't stand rap and hiphop, because to me, its sole purpose is to make money by singing about nothing. A lot of metal artists sing about important issues, such as politics, friendship, honesty, and pride (not hubris).

Of course, I used to feel the same way, HB. I didn't see the value in screaming. But something clicked while I was listening to Bury Your Dead, and it all started sounding nice. Its all in the ear. What you hear may be different from what I hear.

I hold no grudges against people who don't like metal, as long as they don't go around bashing it when in reality they've never heard more than Slipknot (nu-metal, not real metal).

But HB, you are a venerated man on these boards, and when you question our (or my, I don't want to speak for everyone) taste, you do it respectfully and for the purpose of discovery, not dislike, so I thank you for that.

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I am aware that I am making a massive generalisation when I say the metal is loud and hard to hear as I suspect all genres have good and bad in them (there is probably some good rap out there somewhere).

16. Saber

Eh, with music, generalizations are hard to avoid. And good or bad is all from a point of view, so when you say there may be good metal, from a metalhead's view, absolutely, but from a non-metaller, no way. Very few people like everything, or some of everything (oops, another generalization! ;) )

*Sigh* This isn't a metal-only thread, even though people seem to view it as that.

If you guys want to discuss other music, feel free to...

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hey, I am one of thoswe fwew :p I like usually morte than a bit of everything, the only genre I don't enjoy listening to is techno but there are exceptions to that, too :p

18. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Arabwel plays too much PS:T.

Freudian whip...I mean 'slip'

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    It's a shame the opinions of the hardcore metalheads here are so strong. :toofar:

Just to spite you all, I'm going to listen to my 'Let's Go Bowling' album! :heh:

On the otherhand, I picked up another Megadeath album from the library today. :rolling:

20. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] There is only two kinds of music :cool: ..... Good and Bad :outta:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.