1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling) #2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Where in the nine hells is Undertaker? It's no fun posting here since not many others than him actually know the obscure BM & DM bands I'm into.

Wherever you are, Undertaker, do come back, will ya?

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

He's a huge poster at CoM, IIRC, he's probably stuck over there.

3. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I'm alive, no worries. I just got hit very hard by RL.
    Although I did manage to get some new albums :D
    (like tons of obscure doom metal)

BTW it's nice that you guys care about me :)

4. Saber

Hey, Undertaker, you do realize that when you are missing, our music spam goes down by a billion percent? We are only half way through MBP #2... tis a shame...

5. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Hehe, am I really the frontman of RMP :D ?

On topic: a very good concert will take place this weekend :D

6. Saber

Well, considering your extended absense, either DotW or myself might have overtaken you, but I doubt it :D

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Dethrone the Emperor of Metal Spam?

The title's not for me.

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Harby, Emo is a type (not a very good type) of punk rock. The band members of an Emo band are usually middle to upper class white kids that sing songs about how hard their lives are, and how sad they are. They wear pants that would be too tight for most anerexic women, they wear makeup, and their hair styles are stupid looking.

They're almost like a wussy version of gothic folks...except most goths listen to some fairly good music. :rolleyes: :rolling:

9. Saber

Some good example of emo bands: Good Charolette, Simple Plan, Fall Out Boy.

Hate 'em all!

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I personally hate the fact that everything dealing with sadness and depression gets labele "emo" and dismissed bcause of those "woe is me!" wannabes.... the joke about wishing that my lawn were emo so that it would cut itself says it all.

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I ahve never heard of the term 'emo' but I have heard of those bands. I love Kitrax's blanket dismissal of certain types of artists based on high level criteria. It's brilliantly simple and saves a lot of effort.

"You only sing, Mr Sinatra? And you don't even write the songs? You're rubbish!"

"You write AND play instruments? Great! Oh, you're white and not lower class? That means you must be EMO! Green Day is a stupid name - you'll never amount to anything. Out of my office before I shoot you!"

12. Saber

Haha, HB, thats why we have to take it really case by case. But it is safe to go into a judgment-making process thinking: "Damn, these guys look emo," if in fact, they have makeup on, wear tight pants, and whine about cutting themselves.

In other news: I don't like the Beatles.

13. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Everybody Hurts.

If anyone calls that Emo, they get a punch in the face. That song is awesome, in the purest sense of the word.

Damn G4 for butchering so many awesome songs.

Everybody Hurts, Life on Mars....They have so much to pay for.

The moral of the story is:

Never get a paper cut if you're an actor. It makes you EMO.

Hmm, I was listening to InMe, a few weeks ago, when my roommate looked over his shoulder and dismissed them as 'emo'.

Thus followed an intense criticism of his musical tastes, crowned with a realisation that anything which doesn't involve throaty screaming about satan is condemned as emo by said roommate.

AT the very moment he attempted to defend him musical taste, he was beaten into submission by a simple question:

In your Media PLayer on your laptop, why is Britney Spears next to Slipknot?

No reply? Then leave me to my Power Metal.

14. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I love doom metal, it's the best music to listen while driving a car :D

Interesting title :cool:

15. Saber

Slipknot?!?!

And he thinks he isn't emo?

Slipknot is nu-metal, emo, and ****, all mixed together. Slap your roomate for me, Daie. Damn hypocrites.

And just to defend myself, yes, I do have a few emo bands that I find not bad. Alkaline Trio, for exaample, because their music is simple and their lyrics are funny.

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I have Spice Girls next to Dimmu Borgir, what does that make me? :D

17. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

That only makes you Ara :D

18. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Ara, that means your taste is varied, and you don;t let others determine your musical taste.

I can't really get why Fallout Boy are emo, they're way too upbeat about stuff.

*Dances round kitchen to 'Dance, Dance'*

19. Saber

Read their lyrics.
    And listen to their music.
    And look at them.

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Beatles rule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.