1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    You were five blocks to my right, then. I think your seats were worse cause you were at an angle - i had a perfect view on the stage except for the whole bing really relaly far off thing. THey looked so TINY!

2. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Alpine Fault. Those guys rock.

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hmmm, I don't mean poor production on those albums like on DT's Skydancer/Of Chaos and Eternal Night, which are poorly recorded and sounds like a garbled piece of crap. For Pantera, I don't like the way the guitars sound - the distortion makes it difficult to hear specific notes, it jumbles things together. Its not poor production, which I probably shouldn't have said, but poor... I'm not sure. I like Pantera plenty, but the sound of the guitars reminds me of poorly recorded albums, even though I don't think they were.

4. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Dimebag used to scoop a ton of mids on his guitar tone to get that chainsaw effect. It's pretty much just bass and screeching treble.

5. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I didn't mind the production on Skydancer, it was the lack of memorable songs. I like catchy music be it black metal, or traditional folk music. One day I am going to have to get one of the Roma's in Belfast to play some Moonsorrow with their accordions :D

On a different note, Whisper Lillith is the sexiest singer ever :love: I should take a trip to Finland since Soulgrind never play in the UK/Ireland.

6. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Dime was a transistor guy, so I guess it is to be expected that there's less of a chug than with valves. There's a lot of definition in his lead sound, though, and the squealing harmonics. Try to get a natural harmonic on the 2nd fret, like at the end of Cemetery Gates, and to hold it for that long...that's tricky.

What bothers me about the Pantera sound is the overall feeling of sterileness. I think it's mostly due to the drums having been processed and compressed too much. Plus the close-up mics seem to completely override the sound of the room.

7. Arabwel

Media:
    Cú, you should give a go to Turisas then - they play folk metal.. With accordions :D

8. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I already have the 'Battle Metal' album. I didn't like it at first so I swapped it for Shape of Despair, only to miss it a few months later, so I had to purchase another copy.

How was sunny Newry BTW?

9. Arabwel

Media:
    I saw Turisas live in London and then later got stuck at an aiprport with them. Not that i did more than went to ask autographs and tell them they were awesome, but boy were they nice guys in a situation where they had all the reasons to tell anyone, let alone a crazy!fangirl, to bugger off - their instruments were left in London and it was 5 am... :p

And I never made it to Newry. :( Will have to rememdy that once they give me that helldesk monkey job in the Republic :p

[ November 18, 2006, 00:10: Message edited by: Arabwel ]

10. Saber

Anyone like Sentenced?

11. Arabwel

Media:
    Sentenced is pretty damn good. I still feel bad about not making it to their last gigs.

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Actually, I prefer The Black League, the band Taneli formed after leaving Sentenced. I like the dark ambiance of the couple first albums, and I simply love the nods to Tiamat, which I am a big fan of.

Judge music by the feeling put into it, not the production. I don't give a f*** if an album sounds like crap if it has a good feeling to it.

13. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    This is odd. I'm finding myself rather enjoying some stuff that Evanesence and HIM have released. If nothing else, both have capable singers.

I guess it makes a fair counterpoint to some of the other suff I listen to, but I find myself wondering if this is something that will pass in a couple of weeks or whether I actually enjoy that stuff.

Time will tell I guess.

14. Arabwel

Media:
    I am SO looking forward to Tempest going on tour - they've pretty much promised that they will come to Finland *grin*

15. Saber

Oh, I know, certainly, but I get frustrated with poor production because I can never get into it to get into the feeling and meaning behind it. It is easier to love a band when you can hear what they mean.

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Has anyone got or heard that new Beatles album "Love"? The one that George Martin has remixed for Cirque de Soleil? Any good?

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    The "new Beatles album"??? They are *still* making albums?!?!

Why can't people let that lousy band die already? :toofar: :rolling:

18. Arabwel

Media:
    ... beatles, Cirque DU Soleil, buh? :eek:

I think I need to see if i can give it a listen somewhere.

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Beatles rule.

20. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hehe, my housemate seems to have taken a liking at pissing off the neighbors with REALLY loud music... okay, it's Godsmack, so it's not THAT great, but hey, it's better than the stupid f****** rap by bro listens to...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.