1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Superjoint Ritual is pretty good. I enjoy once hearing Phil Anselmo, and SJR is different from Pantera, and it's quite refreshing.

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I have changed my opinion on the Beatles - they are quite good. They are very upbeat, good music for studying. I still dislike some of the oddities in their music, but in general I like most of their stuff.

3. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Yes, listening to their music can improve your mind. :)

4. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

There is not a Beatles song that I completely dislike.

On another note, I can admit that I love Lady Gaga's music :p

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I got a Cash compilation album called "The Essential Johnny Cash." I would like to thank Sony/BMG for replacing 'son of a *itch' with an annoying tinnitus-causing beep, but still letting me listen to the poetic beauty of 'I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die' and other such lines (where is Cocaine blues btw?)

Thanks Sony, for tossing paying customers. :mad: If companies are forced to put a 'Parental Advisory' on products that have words like ****, **** and *gasp* ass, then they should force those same companies to put a 'Condescending Advisory' logo on products that those ****s do censor.

Edit:
    It took me almost one half hour to fix this with iTunes. Sometimes iTunes is cool, and sometimes it is not.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    For most of the only thing we've ever heard was "'Cause I'm the [beep] that named you Sue." The song just wouldn't be the same without the familiar beep.

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I never heard that song with a beep before, but the part of it all that irritated me the most was how loud the beep was compared with the rest of the music. It would have been okay with me if it was just a soft beep and not one that would blow my ears out. :/

Edit:
    Okay, that 'being okay with it' conflicts with my previous post, but I guess I was just angry then. :)

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I just remembered that when I last Tuesday lay down with fever I had Schubert's Winterreise in my playlist on repeat. It was somewhat eerie to lay there with bad chills, feeling miserable, listening to Der Leiermann and the other songs, dozing off, and listening to it again and so forth ... but I didn't have the energy to get up and do something about it.

Besides, the song was in the soundtrack of 'In Bruges', and just recently Sting made a cover of it in his new album, titled 'Hurdy Gurdy Man' on 'If On A Winter's Night' ...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  9. Disciple of The Watch

Thanks to CZW, I discovered Pro-Pain which can be described as 90's metal and Hardcore meet. I wasn't sure at first, but damn, there are some good tracks!

10. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

The new Gamma Ray record, To the Metal, is quite good. Much better than the previous one. Empathy is a kickass song, disco beats (!) or no. And Daniel Zimmermann is a strange beast.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Gamma Ray and disco beats? That's like mixing diamonds with crap. WTF, Gamma Ray, WTF?!?

Also, the more I listen to Testify, the more I indeed hear the second coming of Ministry, but with a more metal edge. Anybody who liked Ministry, Testify is absolutely worth checking out.

12. Susipaisti

This is the song with the disco beat. It's sort of hidden in the chorus (near the two minute mark). There's a keyboard pattern in there that sounds really obnoxious on its own, but blended in there it somehow works. Overall it reminds me more of an industrial vibe, but there's a definite disco element in the bass line and in the drum beat (hitting the bass drum on the snare strokes).

13. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

I don't know about the disco beat, but the beginning of the song has reminded me Judas Priest's "Blood red skies".

14. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Brahm's four symphonies by the masterful Karajan is available for $35. So tempted.

15. Disciple of The Watch

I just listened to some Genitorturers. It was... weird. Odd to think that Morbid Angel's David Vincent would end up there.

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Genitorturers are an all right band with a couple of nice songs, but, to be honest, they serve clichés. But that singer of theirs has an interesting voice, never mind what she sings.

I just dug up an old song that I thought about yesterday and last heard ... more than a decade ago? Pimpf by Depeche Mode, iirc it was on a glowing orange Maxi. Impressive, if strange song and video.

17. Disciple of The Watch

I actually am starting to enjoy the track Public Enemy #1. It's decent stuff, but weird. I might give another album a chance.

I also got some Pain, an industrial metal side project of Hypocrisy's Peter Tagtgren (sp?). From someone with a metal pedigree such as his, I had high expectations, and I'm glad to say I was not disappointed. It's GREAT stuff, Peter's vocals sound very different from what I know from Hypocrisy. But it's a good thing.

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Halou are fantastic. Wasn't sure if I could get into their earlier stuff - with a few exceptions I usually turn up my nose at mostly electronic stuff - but I'm thinking my bias against it is unreasonable.

19. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

I've just listened to a couple of songs of Helloween's new album, where they cover their own old songs, and the only thing I have to say is WTF? What the hell Weikath was thinking when he did this ****? Just listen to the new versions of "I want out" and "Dr. Stein".

20. Susipaisti

Way to manhandle their own back catalog. Then again, I've lost faith in Helloween a few albums ago - ever since they booted Uli Kusch and Roland Grapow, they haven't put out a decent album IMO.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.