1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Taker, did you listened to the new Venom album? Is so, what are your thoughts on it?

2. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Venom released a new album?! What a shame to me for now knowing the fact earlier.

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I am going to the At The Gates, Darkest Hour, Municipal Waste concert tonight. I am excited for Darkest Hour, they are one of my favorite bands, and for At the Gates, considering this is a reunion tour. Never heard of MW...

4. Disciple of The Watch

I've whipped out some old Godflesh albums. I had forgotten how good industrial grindcore can be...

5. Disciple of The Watch

This thread is F'N dead.

My father gave me a copy of Fight's War of Words, and a couple of older Iron Maiden albums too. Fight is F'N awesome - the slower songs like Life In Black and For All Eternity are F'N good, and I cannot not mention the opening Into The Pit. Two words - F'N awesome.

6. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

The new Blaze Bayley record, The Man Who Would Not Die, kicks serious ass. A good hour of really solid stuff that takes a few listens to fully appreciate.

Sadly, I had to get it via mail order because they don't have a distributor in my country. They'd have nicer sales over here if their stuff was available in actual record stores.

7. Disciple of The Watch

Bayley is an outstanding vocalist. I actually liked the two Maiden albums he sings on, even though many a Maiden fan will tell you these same two albums are Maiden's weakest albums.

I discovered Bayley thanks to the Carmageddon II soundtrack - Man on The Edge is a kickass song.

8. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    There's nothing wrong with Bayley's singing, Dickinson's just been legendary among Maiden fans, so it was a lot of nothing at all ever comparing to the halo of St. BrĂ¼ce.

The first time I heard Bayley my thoughts went somewhat along the lines of 'Sure he can sing, but he's not Bruce and I can imagine singing like that' And at the time I thought that I could never sing like Holy Dickinson, no matter what. I rated the artists a lot on how much better they were than I could be which was, to put it bluntly, a lot of shait and bollocks. Stupid way of rating anyone, but there I was.

If you'd ask me now what I think of Bayley, I'd say he's awesome enough and maybe even that I like his rougher style more than Dickinson's yodelling. Sure Dickinson's got more lungs, but who needs 'em...

9. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

I have seen Iron Maiden with Bayley on vocals in X Factor tour in 1995. When he sung songs of the Dickinson's era, the comparison was overwhelming in favour of Dickinson. Bayley's voice did not lack only in lungs but also in theatricality, something that was very obvious in songs like "Hallowed be thy name" or "Fear of the dark". Bayley could replace Di'anno but he simply did not have the qualifications to replace Dickinson. Afterall, IIRC, the only reason that Bayley was chosen instead of Michael Kiske, was his nationality.

10. Disciple of The Watch

Kiske in Maiden? That would have been a little... odd.

11. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Kiske is not very much into metal in general. I don't think he would have wanted to be in Maiden. There was talk back then about Harris being interested in having Kiske in the band, though, but it may have been just rumors.

12. Disciple of The Watch

I'm going through a Hardcore phase. I dusted out my old Hatebreed (Satisfaction is the Death of Desire and Perseverance), All Out War and All Shall Perish (AMAZING stuff!) albums and I had forgot how angry and so F'N good this stuff was.

There's talk in one my group of friends about starting a Hardcore band... it would be a damn fine experience, and a good break from BM/DM.

13. Saber

Haha, I have been getting out of the Hardcore phase... and more into Doom and Melodic Black/Death metal.

14. Disciple of The Watch

Well, we have all the "proper" people, so we gave the Hardcore band a shot. Since I completly sucked as vocalist, I (very poorly) handled the bass part. It's kinda fun playing Hatebreed the way we believe it should have been, and play some All Out War with the speed up a few notches.

15. Saber

I thought you had a good growl?

16. Disciple of The Watch

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention I do not do your standard death growl. I use a little trick passed onto me by a friend of mine to do what he called an inverted death growl. It's much harder to master, but it's SO much more easier to go on for longer periods (I.E a plain ol' evening jam) than the standard death growl.

17. Disciple of The Watch

Slowly getting used to playing Hardcore - not a million miles away from DM, but not quite DM either.

18. Disciple of The Watch

I had a listen to the new Venom album... found it a little odd at first - it still sounds like Venom, of course, but not like their old stuff. It's also a bit odd for me to hear a Venom album sounding so polished. Good stuff regardless, Armageddon is my favorite track off the album so far.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Well, after a couple of spins, the new Venom album kicks some serious ass. Now, if only I could get Metal Black...

And as for the Hardcore band, fun stuff to play, but we plan on experimenting with fusing old-school Hardcore with DM to get the best of both worlds.

20. Saber

The new Amon Amarth album, Twilight of the Thunder God, is amazing!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.