1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Just purchased a whole bunch of CDs for christmas. So now you cannot accuse me of not supporting artists! :p I just don't support ones that are on RIAA labels.

Speaking of that, everyone should check out this site before buying albums:
    http://www.riaaradar.com/

Don't support those duchebags!

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Has anyone heard the new Korn album yet? I haven't listened to the radio much lately, but I caught the end of a song what went, "Hold on, be strong". Sounded pretty good...but they didn't say the name of the song... :rolling:

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Anyone see the Heaven and Hell tour?

I unfortunately missed them and Iced Earth playing last week while trying out for the uni badminton team.

As an aside, I got Epica's latest album and have to say that I'm rather impressed. The Divine Conspiracy is most definitely worth getting.

4. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

I saw Black Sabbath (I will never call them H&H, for me they will always be Black Sabbath) few months ago, and they were pretty good considering their age. They played songs from all the Dio albums (Heaven and hell, Mob rules, Dehumanizer), not even one song from the Ozzy era (something that was expected anyway) and they had rather extensive guitar, bass and drums solos in order to give old Ronnie the chance to rest for few minutes and not collapse on the stage.

5. Kitrax

Media:
    There was a Rob Zombie/Ozzy concert here on Sunday. It's been forever since Ozzy came to Utah, so tickets sold out quick...so I couldn't go.

Unfortunatly, the reviews I read say that Ozzy sucked on stage...and the fact that Rob Zombie (who the reviews say was aswesome on stage) opened for him made things worse. :bad: Hell, I would have gone just to see Rob Zombie if I could have gotten tickets. :rolling:

6. Saber

Just got some of Dark Tranquillity's unreleased stuff, it is damn good! It is like a new album for me, I love getting new stuff from them. They are one of my favorite bands.

7. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

It's fascinating how we get to pick up some new things by watching a movie again. I just watch V For Vendetta on DVD last night and discovered Bird Gerhl by Anthony and the Johnsons. Such a wonderfully haunting voice, simple yet compelling lyrics. Those from UK and Ireland probably familiar with this as the album was the Mercury Prize winner of 2005.

8. Saber

9. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I see someone mentioned In Rainbows, so i'll throw in my 2 cents.

Not their best album but still very good. I paid £5 for it.

Erm... How do you do the 2 cents thing?

10. Kitrax

Media:
    My wife called me a "scroodge", so I'm listening to Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Xmas music to prove her wrong. :evil: :rolling:

11. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Enter :2c: in your post to get :2c:.

12. Saber

I heard that technically, In Rainbows was great, but it was boring to listen to. So I, not a fan of Radiohead, will not use it as an excuse to get into them.

In other news, I am getting into a lot of soundtracks recently - The Fountain, Equilibrium, Nightmare Before Christmas, Battlestar Galactica to mention a few. Good stuff :thumb:

13. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Aye, Mercenary is pretty good.

If anyone is interested in the Blind Guardian remasters, someone has uploaded them to youtube. Search for 'gazbg123'. The sound on some is a bit poor, but they sound alright overall.

Getting more into Nile at the moment; these guys are good. Very good.

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

So, I got both The Dance and The Heart of Everything for Christmas. Listened to The Dance just before, and am listening to The Heart of Everything now.

... Ever gotten that feeling that your favourite band is going downhill?
    Enter is just *so ****ing good*, The Dance seems very good (minus the ****ty remixes), Mother Earth is brilliant, The Silent Force is ... decent. Probably better than that, but once the initial shine wore off it for me it lost a lot of appeal.

The Heart of Everything ... it will hopefully grow on me. So far it seems nothing special, giving very little of the elements that I listen to WT for. Through The Howling I was digging it a bit - sure, not brilliant, but could grow on me. Boppable, anyway. But What Have you Done? wtf? What ****ty, so incredibly average male vocals. It ... well, it made me think 'Bring me to Life' in a very, very not-charitable way.

I fear that WT have gone to ****. Well, at least we got more good stuff out of them than Evanescense managed before they started dumbing down their music and generally sucking (which I think throwing in ****ty average male vocals may just be a key symptom). Bah. I'll really have to try hard to like this.

Just wish I expected Dark Passion Play by Nightwish to be any good ... but I don't.

15. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Anthrax has a new singer, a fellow named Dan Nelson.

16. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    I got the Robben Ford DVD New Morning - The Paris Concert, for Christmas. It's somewhat different from what Robben has been doing the last few years, with his band The Blue Line, with which he recorded the Ohne Filter DVD Concert. I liked the addition of keyboards on New Morning, and it was quite a bit longer. I wouldn't say that it's straight blues, since Robben is still playing quite a few jazz type chord changes here, especially in 9ths. But IMO that's what sets Robben apart from some other Blues greats, such as Gary Moore, or say, Roy Buchanon. I would not call what Ford plays "fusion," like Mike Stern or Larry Carlton, but Jazz-blues seems close enough and there's much less "Rock" in his playing lately.

I was completely blown away by his latest work on Truth - It's right up there with Handful of Blues.

17. Saber

Aik, The Heart of Everything sounds like Evanescence to me :p I am not a big fan of the new album either.

18. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    My mother got it for Christmas, so I heard it over the break. I was pleasantly surprised- I thought it worked well overall (although I still can't sit through the whole of Meadows of Heaven). Whenever you feel doubtful, just remember that it has Marco singing on it.

19. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Megadeth's Hidden Treasures has been re-released, and with extra tracks to boot. This is nice, since while most of the tracks were included on Warchest, a couple were still shining with their absence.

20. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    I have been considering Ink, by the Dining Rooms. It was released several months ago, but I still have not heard any tracks. I may take a chance on it, since almost everthing these guys have done is first rate... :hmm:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.