1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random MMA (UFC/Bodog/K-1/TKO/EliteXC/Cage Rage/King of The Cage, etc.) babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Feb 7, 2008.

1. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

If Silva did that, he's the toughest guy on the planet. The pummelling he took was brutal. To take that just to increase the drama would take a man with cojones of solid adamantium. Not even Wolverine has that!

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

After seeing Lesnar vs Carwin, it's possible. The ref was on the verge of stopping the match, yet Lesnar weathered the storm and turned it around to win. I haven't seen recent Silva fights, but from what I saw of his old stuff, the guy can take an asswhooping. He retained, did he? That tells the story.

On an unrelated note, Hulk Hogan is a piece of crap.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  3. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Disciple, would you care to elaborate on that statement? What in particular makes Hulk Hogan a piece of crap? Is he trying serious MMA as opposed to the silliness he used to do? Did he beat you up and steal your lunch money? Did he steal your girl?

4. Disciple of The Watch

Hogan wrestling match:
    Some offense
    Bad guy counters
    Hogan gets his ass beat by the heel like nobody's buisness
    Does that Superman-like comeback, hits the five moves of doom and wins.

If you don't believe me, just check out any of his WWF matches during the "Hulkamania" era, and bench that against his work in Japan. His moveset is not crippled and limited to the same old s---, and Hogan's stuff from Japan is actually enjoyable because the match doesn't have that pathetically predictable outcome.

Hogan carried the WWF, but he was FAR from being the best wrestler on the roster. Here is a quick list of the people, during that era, who could have carried the WWF, and were MORE WORTHY THAN HOGAN TO DO SO!
    - Ted DiBiase Sr., for example. He was GOLD on the microphone, yet he NEVER won the WWF Title
    - Jake The Snake Roberts, too. Undertaker is often clamored as the Master of Mind Games, but that's because 'Taker learned from the Jake Roberts, the UNDISPUTED Master of Mind games, and yet, the Snake NEVER won a SINGLE TITLE.
    - Ravishing Rick Rude, GOLD on the microphone, great in the ring, NEVER won the WWF Title.
    - "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig, the guy was the TOTAL PACKAGE, yet he NEVER won the WWF title.
    - Owen Hart never tasted the WWF Title either, but I have no doubts things would have been different were it not for that tragic accident. Bret Hart might be the self-proclaimed "Best there was, best there is and best that will ever be", but Owen was right up there with him, IMO.
    - Scott Hall. Innovator of the Ladder Match along with HBK, one of the founding fathers of the NWO, his list of accomplishments lacks the WWF Title, and don't get me wrong, he could have very well won the WCW Title as well.
    - "The Rowdy One" Roddy Piper. This guy needs no introduction. Never won the WWF Title.
    - Don Muraco. The epitome of a heel. Never held the WWF Title, but won King of the Ring? Doesn't make sense.
    - Ricky Steamboat. Intercontinental Champ, but that's it.

All those LEGENDS > Hulk Hogan. Enough said.

And Hogan is so crippled he couldn't whoop my ass.

F--- Hulk Hogan. I'd love to see Nick F'N Gage walk in TNA, give Hogan several chokebreakers then bust him open using a pizza slicer while talking trash to him. Then piledrive that F'ER on the announcers' table. Oh yeah, wedge his F'N head between two steel chairs and scramble what brains he has... oh wait, stupid me, you can't scramble nothing.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  5. Disciple of The Watch

Bobby Lashley got DEMOLISHED by Chad Griggs. Welcome to MMA, Lashley.

6. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Free Fight Night on Wednesday but I have to ******* work and I don't have a PVR or even an old VHS. <MUGword> <MUGword> <MUGword>

7. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I didn't get to see cain Velasquez put down Lesnar -- anyone wanna recap for me?

8. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Anybosy else catch the GSP ass-whuppin laid on Koscheck?

9. Disciple of The Watch

Ass whooping is dead on.

10. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Koscheck will need surgery for his swollen eye. That is what I call a job well done... Next person for GSP to beat up : Jake Shields. Bring it on.. :D

11. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I will give props to Koscheck for working on his takedown defense -- he managed to avoid getting the old GSP ground and pound. GSP knew the dork would be expecting it, so he just decided to do the Pound without the Ground, so now Koscheck's eye looks like Grade A Round!

A little poetry from your old friend LKD.

Seriously, surgery? Man, that's gonna eat into his paycheck!

12. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Yep, the surgery was announced by his twitter. And I also admit I was surprised that GSP had so much trouble putting Koscheck on his back. C'mon, GSP did what he wanted with BJ Penn in their last fight, and BJ's supposed to have the best takedown defense.

13. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I'll give Koscheck his due, his record speaks for itself -- he's a really good fighter. Apparently he's a good wrestler, and as such I would imagine that perfecting a takedown defense strategy would be right up his alley.

But I don't think GSP wanted to take it to the ground. He had heard Koscheck talk about takedowns, and so decided to play the fight his way, and negate all of the training time Kos had put into takedown defense. He had studied Kos just as much as Kos had studied him, but he wasn't so vocal about the flaw he had found in the man's game until AFTER the fight. So he proved to the world that he can win standing up, doing takedowns, and any combo of the two. Just like Silva proved that he can win even after over 20 minutes of being smashed -- and from his back, no less!

14. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm an overall quiet, peaceloving, non-violent guy and I hardly ever watch this stuff, nor do I play violent games that much (I'm more of a strategy and adventure games kind of guy), but there's one game I simply love, Def Jam: Fight for New York.

I know very, very little about the fighters, moves, rankings and such. But I can tell these guys are all tough mo**er****ers! I saw some guy called Randleman do a Suplex on Fedor Emelianenko. If it was me being tossedd around, I would surely be dead and burried right away, but that Fedor got up and won the round like nothing had happened.
    I also saw some guy (Quincy Jackson or so?) do a powerbomb on someone called Ricardo. I bit my tongue seeing that.

Makes me wanna play Def Jam... again!

15. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Silva put away his "stiff competition" pretty damn quickly on Saturday night. Less than a round to beat the stuffing out of Vitor Belfort.

I'd like to think that GSP can take him, but I greatly fear that my fellow Canadian can't . . .

I also just found out that Chael Sonnen was frigging drugged up when he fought Silva. And that the guy is a fraudster in his day to day life. Any respect I had for the guy just went out the window.

16. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Last nights fights were fun. Junior Dos Santos won a decision over Shane Carwin. I enjoyed the fight, but it's not the same when you really like both fighters and wish both could win.

Some of my fellow Canadians won their matches, which is nice because losing in your home country sucks big time.

Anyone else watch last night?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.