1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random MMA (UFC/Bodog/K-1/TKO/EliteXC/Cage Rage/King of The Cage, etc.) babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Look at how pissed off Rampage is -- like that time he utterly annihilates a door. Rampage beat the living hell out of GSP... and Rampage is going to beat the living crap out of Rashad.

2. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Say what? GSP has two losses in his MMA career. One against Matt Hugues, and that fluke against Matt Sera. Jackson and GSP are not even the same weight class. As for Rashad, he's much more technical than Rampage. I strongly believe that technical elite fighters will beat emotional elite fighters nine times out of ten. Could Rampage beat Rashad? Sure, anything can happen. But I think it's unlikely.

Anyways, Rampage is retired, so we wont even see the two coaches fight...

(and I was talking about team Rashad sweeping team Rampage, not the coaches personnally)

3. Disciple of The Watch

Whoa... major epic fail, it wasn't GSP, it was Chuck "Iceman" Liddel.

4. Triactus

Media:
    :lol: That's what I thought. It made no sense about GSP...

Yeah, but Rashad knocked out Lidell, so your point is? :p

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Lesnar is sick. He won't fight Saturday, so I've heard. I is depressed. He's a douchebag, but he's a douchebag who's fun to watch when he fights.

6. Triactus

Media:
    Actually, I read in an article he has mono. However, I read a few days ago that he has an big illness and was operation recently in connection with the illness. Dana White even said that his fighting career could be comprised...

7. Triactus

Media:
    I just watched Ortiz vs Griffin 2. What do you guys think the fight of the night was or should have been?

The Ben Sunders win was pretty impressive, but Amir Sadollah looked awfully good out there... :)

8. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I didn't see the event, but I read later that Ortiz was acting like an utter douchebag after the fight. IMHO, that sort of poor sportsmanship doesn't belong in the UFC -- one of the things that first attracted me to UFC was the fact that the fights I first was exposed to had fighters who acted like gentlemen, gracious in victory and respectful in defeat.

9. Triactus

Media:
    Well, it was not really like that. Ortiz didn't do anything disgracious per se. It's only he advertised a lot that for a very long time, he was injury free and in great shape. After the fight, he said that he cracked his skull in training for the fight, so he wasn't 100%.

People started to boo him because he said prior to the fight he was injury free. But, at the same time, I think when he said all those things, he hadn't been injured yet (he had a black eye going into the fight and he didn't have it on any promo videos).

But still, when the final bell in the 3rd round rang, Ortiz and Griffin both hugged each other and when the crowd booed Ortiz, Griffin took the mike to say that training his hard and you sometimes get injured. See, gentlemanly conduct on both side! :)

10. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Your comments are illuminating -- thanks. I still think that Ortiz and a few others could use a class on gentlemanly conduct, though, overall.

But that's minor compared to the rush I get when I see people beating the living snot out of each other. Very little in this world cheers me up more.

11. Triactus

Media:
    Well I tell ya, some fights in that UFC were a let down, but the Phil Baroni - Amir Sadallah one, as well as the Ben Saunders - Marcus Davis one were really entertaining!! :)

Am I the only one who's pissed that there were only reruns this week on the Ultimate Fighter?? And next's week is a 2 hour special... why? Just put one hour each week!

12. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Looks like this weekend Diego Sanchez is going to go up against BJ Penn. Sanchez is a freaking weirdo (not that I'm judgmental) and I would bet good money that he will lose to Penn. Sad to say, though, Penn is still a big old jerk. But he's a skilled jerk.

I am also hoping that Kongo beats the living snot out of Mir. I hate Mir's guts.

The only other fight that I think I know enough to comment on is the Guida / Florian fight. Guida was stone cold crazy, but he seems to have mellowed a bit. I still hope he pounds Florian to a paste, as I think that little douche is highly overrated*.

That is all.

*This is not to deny the fact that Florian could be eating a burrito and hopping on one foot and still beat the living crap out of yours truly. But in terms of the other fighters, he's a douche.

13. Triactus

Media:
    Yeah, I agree, I want to see Penn lose so badly!! They should do a non-championship bout between BJ Penn and Brock Lesnar at their current weight.. I'd pay to see that... :p

I want to see Kongo win because I like him. He's always good in his fights and I want to see him get (finally) a title shot.

I don't really mind Florian all that much. he seems nice... but Guida is so funny with his hair. He looks like a raged lion... :lol: He not all that good though. I see him as a door keeper instead of a challenger : he's not good enough to warrant a title fight, but good enough to weed the contenders from the rabble.

14. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I heard once that in Japan, where they don't do weight categories, that Penn fought Machida. Given the size differential, that would have been quite the fight! I don't know who won, but apparently Penn held his own!

Guida is psychotic when he's on a rampage.

Hey, does Kimbo get a contract now that he won that fight on the Ultimate Fighter?

15. Triactus

Media:
    Well he didn't actually win the show, so the immediate response is no. But Dana White, as a intelligent MMA manager, spots talent where he sees it, so of course, fighters that lose in the show but show great potential fight again in the UFC. When you look at the first two season of The ultimate fighter, you see a lot of fighters that didn't win it all in pay-per-view card fights (Marcus Davis, Chris Leben, Josh Koscheck, Kenny Florian, Mike Swick, Nathan Quarry, Keith Jardine, Melvin Guillard). Of course Kimbo will fight again, even more so since he won (even though it was the most boring fight ever, though you must attribute the blame to the veteran, Alexander).

Hum... Machida vs Penn. That would be wicked indeed... though I still hopelessly cling to my original idea of Penn vs Lesnar... :p

16. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I just had an image of Lesnar picking up Penn by the ankles and swinging the little bugger around and around, smacking his head against the walls of the Octagon.

Oh, man, I've got to start being nicer.

17. Triactus

Media:
    That is the correct image of Penn to have. It doesn't count if you not nice with a**holes.... :)

18. Disciple of The Watch

I'd pay to see Lesnar punch the living crap out of that arrogant little twat. Lesnar's got huge fists, and enough power to reconstruct Penn's facial anatomy big time... that would be a moment for the ages.

19. Triactus

Media:
    I just read that they'll get a definite answer about Lesnar's health this week. If he's getting better, Dana white will give him a fight in a couple of months. If he's not getting better, he'll go on long term leave or even retire.

In the meantime, Frank Mir is battling Shane Carwin for the interim title in march (in UFC 111 where we will see GSP crush Hardy... mouahahaha)

20. Disciple of The Watch

They stripped Lesnar of the title? F***rats, this sucks!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.