1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random cellphone babbling thread #1

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Disciple of The Watch, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

But Barmy Army doesn't work in any sort of industrial strength environment as far as I am aware. Why does he need two phones? Whenever I have had to have a phone for work, I have insisted that if they are going to force me be available on mobile for them, they have to let me use it for 'reasonable' personal use because I sure as heck aren't going to have two phones. Alternatively, I get them to pay for some of my personal phone costs and just use my personal phone for work. Having more than one phone (except in extreme conditions, like working with high explosives, or being a welder) is just silly. So many of you say it's dumb to have a mobile AND a landline. If that is dumb, then it's just as silly to have two mobiles.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Caveboy, short answer: He's Brittish... :p

And you have to realize that some employers won't budge on much at all. If they say no persoanl calls, you're pretty much S.O.L. :skeptic:

Harby, I know a guy that has a cellphone for work, (he's a welder too), one cell phone for personal use, and a pager for his second job. He just leaves his work phone in his truck when he's not working, and his pager can't leave his side. People carry what they have to.

The worst I've ever seen was at the hospital. One of the head nurses has 5 pagers on her side, a cellphone up to her head, and a PDA in her other hand. :eek: I would hate to have her job. :rolling:

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

:lol: :lol: :lol: The last sentence is pure genius, Kit! :lol: :lol: I'm not crazy enough to use my T809 as a work phone... that would be plain stupid. I DID used my old Siemens M46 a couple days when I was working in the shoe shop where I used to work before I begun work as a welder. Three days, and it was seriously damaged. Workshop environements puts phones through an insane amount of abuse, Caveboy.

So when I'm working, the T809 quietly sits at home on my computer desk. Or used to, since I lended it to my brother.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Oh well, at least you guys don't carry around both phones at once. Some kids around here have two phones, one on a plan for cheap weekday calls and another on a plan for cheap weekend calls. Plus it means they can be texting on one phone and talking on the other. What is the world coming to?

I had to use my personal phone for work purposes when I was travelling to Australia recently, but I just topped it up with $100 and got work to pay for it. It was much cheaper for them than having to get me a whole separate work phone.

5. Disciple of The Watch

[Poof, there goes my expertise]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  6. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

@DoTW, my LG 4500 is really pissing me off. In my review I said it took a long time to call out, it has gotten worse. I will have 5 bars, I dial my call/use speed dial and then the phone starts to call, then the no service symbol comes up, then all five bars come back and finally the call goes out. This can take up to 30 seconds. Any idea what the problem could be? I have Verizon wireless, and have had no problems like this before with my other phones.

7. Disciple of The Watch

8. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Unfortunately I still have much more time left on my contract, and in all other respects I have been very happy with the big "V". I will have to go to the Verizon store and see if they can help. I may be due for an upgrade soon, I will have to check. Thanks for the info!

9. Disciple of The Watch

10. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Will do.

link

As far as I can tell, this is the list of phones they have in my area. Any recomondations, keep in mind, I don't text hardly at all. I don't want a phone with a camera, but if there is a good one with a phone, I can handle that. I also prefer a folding phone. Signal strength would be a huge pluss, because I live in the sticks.

[ May 02, 2006, 14:32: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

11. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

That's ok DotW I need to unlock a 6230 not the 6101. The IMEI of the phone is that the code under the battery or is it only on the box?

12. Disciple of The Watch

13. Disciple of The Watch

14. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

OK, I finally remembered my username and password to my account, and these are the phones I can get. Notice I do the New every 2 and some of the phones are free for me. I am actually leaning towards something less vanilla. I mean after all that Samsung camera phone is no extra cost. I know the list is similar, but with the new criteria any suggestions. I plan to do this relatively soon, I think, rather than try to fix my LG VX4500 dialing problem.

[ April 30, 2006, 02:55: Message edited by: Brallrock ]

15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I don't need to biy a new phone after all.. Mom got a new one and promised to toss her old Nokia my way. I don't even know the model yet, I should get it sometime next week or so, but I am already looking forward to it :D

16. Disciple of The Watch

17. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Actually, Sonera hasn't sold phones with contracts for more than 32 days.

Nothing else than Sonera just works even somewhat properly seeing how north Ara is.

(Or, in short, I'm 99% sure Ara's phone is unlocked already, locking them wasn't legally allowed until 32 days ago.)

And I have an obscure problem. I want a certain .mid file as my ringtone for my Nokia 6822 but it won't play on my mobile, apparently I need to convert it.

I have no idea how. :p

18. Disciple of The Watch

19. Disciple of The Watch

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Huh...I might have to try it out if I ever seem them on sale at the mall..

Cellphone companies should pay residents to place the said device on thier roofs. If you actually have to go out and buy it...then it's a waste of money. :nono: :rolling:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.