1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random cellphone babbling thread #1

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Disciple of The Watch, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    DotW: Im gonna keep it jsut as a back up, but in a year when i get my next upgrade, ill sen dit out to you, its a bit scratched and chipped but apart from that it works like it should :p

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    My personal favourite at the moment - due out by Summer... ladies and gents I give you the SE W950i. Affectionately known as The Ipod Killer: w950i

I'll be getting this as soon as it gets released.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    :lol: Heh...it's sad but true.

You go to hook your Sony Ericsson up to your computer to 'sync' your calendar and suddenly, your CD burner won't work right! :eek:

Stupid Sony. :nono: :rolling:

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

[Poof, there goes my expertise]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  5. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    i presume its unlocked cos Orange and Vodaphone SIM's work in it perfectly.

6. Barmy Army

Media:
    What's up with Sony Eriksson's? I've never known anyone have a problem with an SE. The Motorola RAZR is garbage. I've never tried an LG phone. SW's are good ;) .

7. Disciple of The Watch

8. Barmy Army

Media:
    The GSM is too big and the CDMA is just foul.

Come on mate, we all know looks are the main thing when it comes to phones ;) .

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Oh boy....you just opened a *huge* bag of worms there BA. :eek:

I agree that looks play a crucial roll in whether or not I will get a certain phone...but IMO it's still *function* over *form*...but on occasion, a sexy little phone comes by that looks so good that *function* flies out the window. :p

/me ducks and covers for DotW's eminent reply... :rolling:

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Alternatively, the ability to make and receive calls are really the main factor in a phone, followed by price. Looks are not really that relevant for something that spends most of the time in your pocket and is so small that it is hidden by your hand when you're using it - so nobody will ever actually really see it, so it doesn't matter at all what it looks like.

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    I take it you don't have a stylish phone, Harbs ;) .

Good phones are for showing off with. When you're showing your mates a new video, or playing your music, or whatever, the look of your phone is everything ;) . If you have a brick, you'll get ripped big style.

Good, stylish phones aren't that expensive these days anyway.

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

All that you can show off with a flash phone is how much money you have. If being rich makes you popular, then all power to you Barmy.

13. Barmy Army

Media:
    Phones aren't expensive.

14. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

BA: That's a load of :bs: .

Function comes first, price second, form third.

... of course that comes from the owner of a 6822 which can be used for showing off because of it's function.

15. Barmy Army

Media:
    Good phones have everything and cost nothing more than £20 a month. If that's expensive then people need to pull their finger out of their arse.

I'll say no more on the subject. I get fed up with people sometimes...

16. Harbourboy

What about the cost of buying the phone in the first place. A 'flash' phone will cost at least NZ$400. I know I don't have a spare NZ$400 lying around. And I still don't know how spending loads of money on a phone would allow me to 'show off' to anyone.

17. Barmy Army

Media:
    Phones don't have to be PAYG. In fact, I don't know anybody who has a PAYG phone.

In case you didn't know, you get the phone free on contract deals.

18. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Such deals have been available in here for 22 days, and they're way overpriced.

Paying €500 for a €300 phone, and having to pay it over two years? No thankyou.

19. Harbourboy

I don't even know what a PAYG phone is. All I do know is that a fancy phone costs more than a functional one and I don't have spare money to pay for whizz bang frippery that I don't need.

20. Disciple of The Watch

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.