1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random cellphone babbling thread #1

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Disciple of The Watch, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

There are few things in this world more annoying than ringtones. Someone in our office has a phone that plays 'Blister in the Sun' by the Violent Femmes 30 times a day. That phone will end up going out a window one day.

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

[Poof, there goes my expertise]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wait...the vibrator thingy is in the battery? :confused: :rolling:

4. Disciple of The Watch

5. Disciple of The Watch

6. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

DotW, I need advice from someone who knows his phones.

Seeing the E70 is coming out soon, I'm thinking about upgrading from my 6822. Is it worth it, and when should I do it? (I'm on a quite low budget.)

7. Disciple of The Watch

8. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Who says that a "phone" can't be used as a camera, a camcorder, streaming radio stations, watching TV, checking stock quotes, movie times, finding directions when you are lost, sending text meassages and video mesasges, playing games, and best of all, be an MP3 player? If I can carry one device instead of ten, that's a good thing, IMO. :grin: And my phone ringer plays, "More Than a Feeling," by Boston, atm. Great song. I've been considering a Sony-Ericson 600I for my Cingular account. Any thoughts on that one, DotW?

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I've got a problem... I can't remove the front face cover on my Nokia 6020 to clean the dust from behind it (actually, I'm not even sure the screen cover is also removed with it...). There are no instructions on how to do it in the manual (figures), and I can't find any on the Internet. It just won't give by any regular means, and I'm afraid to force it up because I'm pretty sure it'll break - only the bottom part of it can actually be lifted a bit, but the front part stays stuck in place. :bad:

10. Taza

@DotW: I'm looking at the mp3 player, SD card and 2mp camera, mostly.

Though, how good is the pdf reader (how large images can it handle?) and what formats can the "media player" handle?

11. Disciple of The Watch

12. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Thanks, DotW. I'll check that one out. :)

13. Disciple of The Watch

14. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Just got the Sony K750 for my upgrade, onyl £10.00 compared to paying £50.00 for the W800 or £100.00 for the W810i. Its old, but its exactly the same as both of them, jsut an older style. Much better than my old V3 black. Im on O2 btw :)

15. Disciple of The Watch

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    DotW, I have a question for you.

I saw part of an infomercial that was selling this little "device" that's supposed to boost a cell phone's signal. All you have to do is place the thing (which looks like a sticker with flat copper wire wound around on the surface) between the cellphone and the battery.
    So my question is this, does that thing actually work? I don't remember what it was called, but I found this "as seen on TV" crap website that looks similar: antenna booster I am always skeptical of crap that is sold off of the TV. :bad: :rolling:

17. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    DotW, my old RAZR was one of the first black ones to come out in the UK, it has no video capture, a simple VGA camera, the software on it is INCREDIBLY slow, the bluetooth connection sucks and files always transfer at slower rates than other phones. And ive dropped it alot so the cover is all scratched and chipped, that and the battery life sucks.

18. Disciple of The Watch

19. Taza

DotW: As someone who's used mobile phones for almost ten years, I can say this much - if it has Ericsson in it's name, it invariably sucks.

Sony Ericsson doubly so. Crappy phones that install rootkits, coming out near you any moment now!

20. Disciple of The Watch

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.