1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random cellphone babbling thread #1

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Disciple of The Watch, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Is it just me, or are the sucky-est phones ever made come from Kyocera?

My mom and dad's new cell phone is a Kyocera, and this thing sucks! The navagation menus are horrible, the calls are scratchy and unclear, and just holding the thing feels like a piece of garbage. :nono: :rolling:

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Disciple of The Watch, nope, it's not unlocked, and the battery needs replacing too... but aside from that, it's fully functional and looks pretty much like new. I've never had any problems with it. I've already put an ad out to sell it but I'm not really expecting (m)any takers considering the phone's age.

But sending the whole thing anywhere outside Slovenia (phone, manual, charger) would cost significantly more than the phone's worth...

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

[Poof, here goes my expertise]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  4. Kitrax

Media:
    Well...I just got off the phone with T-Mobile. It looks like that if I takae advantage of the two free phone thingy, I won't be saving much money at all, because I will be able to get my 11 month free upgrade at the beginning of May...and guess what the free upgrade phone is? Yep, it's the Samsung x495. :rolleyes:

So I'm going to wait 'till May, then I'll let my fiance get the x495 if she still wants it, and I'll be able to get the Samsung t809 for under $150. :thumb:
    Right now it's going for $300...and by May, I'm sure its price will have dropped a little. :rolling:

5. Disciple of The Watch

6. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    My brother gave me a 6610i. The reason? I love the game Bounce :lol:

7. Disciple of The Watch

8. Kitrax

Media:
    NO!!!!
    Gimmie! Gimmie! Gimmie! Gimmie! Gimmie! Gimmie! :p

Seriously, though...I'd pay a little more than what you paid to get it. Serious discount for me, and a small parofit for you. Win win situation! :thumb: :rolling:

9. Disciple of The Watch

10. Kitrax

Media:
    *sigh*

A simple "no" would have done the trick... :p

Oh well. :rolling:

11. Disciple of The Watch

[Poof, there goes my expertise]

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

OK - here is the second ever review:

Nokia 3210, with Vodafone Prepay

This is the newest in my collection of phones. So far, it has lived to my expectations, and isn't shaming Nokia.

Battery life: I charge it once on the weekend and it usually lasts all week.

Signal: No worse than any other phone. The signal is always perfect, except if I'm in the middle of nowhere.

Sound quality: I have no problems hearing what people are saying.

Phone and keyboard feel: It fits right in the palm of my hand as well as my jacket pocket. The buttons are the right size too. The pale baby blue casing is a bit lame though and some of the buttons are hard to push easily. But it does a cool feature when you're texting where it predicts what the rest of the word is going to be, thereby saving you having to type the whole thing in.

Screen: Can fit a whole name and phone number on it. The black and white is always clear and visible. It can also flash in green when ringing and lights up for you in case it's night time so you can see.

Ringtones: Comes with about 30 more ringtones than anybody would ever need and you can even download additional ones. I know, because I once downloaded the Matrix theme just to see how that worked.

Cost: It cost me negative 100 pounds so I can't complain about that.

Wrap-up: The 3210 is a phone that performs very well. Unglamorous, perhaps, but does absolutely everything that a phone is supposed to do.

Final score: 7/10

13. Disciple of The Watch

14. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Why do Real Tones sound so rubbish? :( I downloaded one by Embrace today and it's like 5 words then restarts. It sounds really crap.

15. Disciple of The Watch

16. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Got my first mobile phone from my dad, it's a Siemens A52, now I'm searching for the technical specifications and soon trying to screw it open to get to the CMOS chip, if it is soldered stuck, I may have to get a desolder kit and pry it loose which brings a big risk of damaging both the PCB board and the chip. :S Damn you Siemens!!

17. Disciple of The Watch

18. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    To program it of course, duh! The button "Nwe SMS" is driving me nuts!
    I'm half-deaf BTW, so it's not like I am going to need it for calling :p

[ April 03, 2006, 09:42: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

19. Kitrax

Media:
    He's probably trying to create a cellphone trigger for a bomb... :p

Actaully, I know a guy that's messed around with a phone's CMOS chip to make it do a few extra things he wanted it to do. :rolling:

20. Disciple of The Watch

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.