1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random cellphone babbling thread #1

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Disciple of The Watch, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Sure. :rolleyes:

The T809 is awsome, it has Bluetooth and speaker-phone, it supports mass storage, it supports microSD/TransFlash cards, Mp3 player (hopefully not iTunes), 1+ megapixel camera/video capture, and all the standard features...like an alarm, calculator, to-do lists, calendar and Java games.

I just wish it wasn't so frigg'n expensive! :eek: :money:

I get to upgrade my phone sometime in April/May, so I'll see how much of a discount they give me. :rolling:

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Harbourcaveboy? Unlike all you rich people, I don't have loads of spare money to spend on things that have no use, like colour screens on a device that is used for voices.

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Well put! :thumb:

When I got the 1100, it was the cheapest phone on the market at $100. The next cheaper was $250, and the fancy ones with the colour screens and camera and all that would go as high $600. Considering we already had a camera at home (and a fantastic one at that) that was all I needed. What's the point of having a colour screen if the only thing you can do with it is have a colour screensaver? Not as if you would look at that very often.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

[Poof, here goes my expertise]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  5. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Cheers DotW for the advice when I've upgraded I'll let what new toy I've got :)

6. Disciple of The Watch

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Blweh, i am certain I need to get a new phone.

asny suggfestions for a non-fancy, cheap phone?`

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Non fancy and cheap? Get one like me and Ziad!

Disciple - that phone is OK, but it's a tad big. A convenient size IS a feature worth having, but all phones you can buy now are small enough to go in your pocket so that's OK.

9. Disciple of The Watch

10. Harbourboy

Those phones look better. But it's not so much that I want the most basic phone possible - it's that I want the CHEAPEST phone possible. When I got my Nokia 3210, the phone company were not just giving them away, they were giving them away with $100 cash back - so it actually cost negative $100. That's my kind of price. And now that I have a phone, the cheapest kind of phone is keeping the one I have, until it breaks.

11. Disciple of The Watch

12. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Ara:

When studying phones, I came across the 3220. Not quite fitting for me, but it's simple and you can IRC with it.

13. Disciple of The Watch

14. Kitrax

Media:
    DotW, what is it with you and Nokia phones?!? :bang: If I've said it once, I'll say it 1000 times, Nokia makes the cheapest (and ugliest)phones on the market! My fiancé used to work for Sprint, and of all the "broken phone" calls she got, 90% of them were Nokia phones...all the others were LG phones.

The main reason I like Samsung so much is because they're built like a tank! My fiancé has put her Samsung E715 through cell phone hell, and somehow, it still works perfectly. :eek:

In other news, I got an offer for T-Mobile for 2 free Samsung x495 phones if I extend my family play for 2 more years...which I was planning on doing anyway. So I might cash in on this offer, then buy the Samsung T809, and keep one of the x495 phones as a backup phone.

So I have a project for you DotW, tell me about the x495. All I know about it is that it has no camera, and it's a flip phone. :rolleyes: :rolling:

15. Disciple of The Watch

16. Kitrax

Media:
    Well...that was fast, I'll give you that. :rolleyes:

Speakerphone huh? That sounds nice. Can you change the face plate to black? I'm not too keen on the white/silver look. :rolling:

17. Disciple of The Watch

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I've bought a Nokia 6020 today. Can't wait for the 16 hour charging to be over so I can start playing around with it. :D

On the subject of basic phones, try Ericsson T29s that I've been using until today. ;)

19. Disciple of The Watch

20. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I have a nokia 6630. This one rocks. Very usefull and very reliable. It has also a suprising loud ringtone, which was a problem for the nokia phones. Cool themes, many usefull stuff inside, increndible menu, one of the greatest varities of capapbilities, plus excell and word.

I have one remark to make though for the N90. I have been looking for this phone for a friend of mine. And from another friend that works as a technician in a firm with electronic stuff, i have learned that these phones face a bug with their software which disables their sounds after a month or so, without any intervention from the user, plus there is no way you can turn the sounds back on unless you give it for service.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.